YTD 2026 Networth tracking thread

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
6C5wLrG.png

Managed to catch up with S&P500 😅

S&P500 go down and your portfolio go up.
 

dev_stg_prd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
6,821
Reaction score
3,049
Yup, currently gliding or should I say 'quiet quit' at my job.
Just do the minimum within my job scope, keep my head down, clock in - clock out and ignore all emails/messages after 5pm. ;)
just wondering.. why not just quit liao ah.. then can every alternate months travel and enjoy lyfe liao
 

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,003
Reaction score
3,001
just wondering.. why not just quit liao ah.. then can every alternate months travel and enjoy lyfe liao
Call me old-fashioned, but ever since I started working, I gave my parents $1k each for monthly allowance. They never demand it from me. I give willingly because they worked hard in blue-collar jobs to raise me and my siblings. So, I need to take that into consideration. Also, they don't have much savings or any investments. I need to consider their medical costs in the future. Even after I FIRE, I still want to continue giving them allowance.
 

dev_stg_prd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
6,821
Reaction score
3,049
Call me old-fashioned, but ever since I started working, I gave my parents $1k each for monthly allowance. They never demand it from me. I give willingly because they worked hard in blue-collar jobs to raise me and my siblings. So, I need to take that into consideration. Also, they don't have much savings or any investments. I need to consider their medical costs in the future. Even after I FIRE, I still want to continue giving them allowance.
did u impart knowledge to siblings? i.e ask them minimally to buy hospitalization plan etc
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,786
very vague leh.. quit at 65 ?

Not vague, he is telling you it is not enough. 1m at 4% withdrawal is only 3.3k, not enough money to enjoy life.

Just do the maths and decide what is the figure that you need. I have my own target.
 
Last edited:

dev_stg_prd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
6,821
Reaction score
3,049
btw.. you guys got workaround with the 60k limit that will not have US estate duty? or just simply convert all to Irish-domiciled ETFs?
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,355
Reaction score
4,373
btw.. you guys got workaround with the 60k limit that will not have US estate duty? or just simply convert all to Irish-domiciled ETFs?
workaround is to let another person sell and transfer lor. transfer money is getting more tricky now.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top