Xiaomi Android TV Box discussion II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
U need 1A to power the fire stick and most usb port only give 500mA. A power supply is provided with the fire stick so might as well use it

Not really. I did not have to use the USB power adapter. I stuck in directly into the TV's USB port.

arctic_silver

Reaction score
I also tried using my tv usb port once and it was able to power it up but I still use the supplied power adapter. U never know if some power hungry app might need the extra juice

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
does anyone share their vpn account?

i'm thinking of getting a cheap vpn to works in the mibox

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to see mibox as a cast target on Netflix app? For some reason doesn't seem to work :(

arctic_silver

Reaction score
does anyone share their vpn account?

i'm thinking of getting a cheap vpn to works in the mibox

Nordvpn and surfshark are 2 of the good and cheap ones. Expressvpn is probably the best but it's a little bit pricey. Personally I've been using nordvpn for almost 2 yrs now and so far i have not encounter any major issue yet

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the model no for your mibox?

how did you cast netflix?

Mi Box S. When I try to use my phone and open Netflix app, my mi Box doesn't show up. I already tried resetting the box and using another phone and also made sure I am on the same account. I can only use the Netflix app on the Mi Box itself. Even then, I cannot use my phone to control the Netflix app thereafter.

However, hbo go, YouTube, etc all works fine.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Nordvpn and surfshark are 2 of the good and cheap ones. Expressvpn is probably the best but it's a little bit pricey. Personally I've been using nordvpn for almost 2 yrs now and so far i have not encounter any major issue yet

yeah, i did saw a few recommending Nordvpn but its expensive.

$110 for a year or unless, you guys got another deal to share?

jiangqi

Reaction score
Mi Box S. When I try to use my phone and open Netflix app, my mi Box doesn't show up. I already tried resetting the box and using another phone and also made sure I am on the same account. I can only use the Netflix app on the Mi Box itself. Even then, I cannot use my phone to control the Netflix app thereafter.

However, hbo go, YouTube, etc all works fine.

Since you have the Mi Box S that can play Netflix in 4K, why do you cast your phone's Netflix on the TV?

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
what are the other apps that you guys used in the mibox?

i'm on netflix but find kinda bored..
like nothing much to watch..

jiangqi

Reaction score
Hi there, I just bought a Mi Box S today from the Xiaomi store. After setting up, I try to go to Settings> Display to change my resolution. But I can only see three options: 1080p, 720p and 480p. How do I enable 4K? My TV is a Samsung 43NU7100 and should support 4K

Do you use HDMI 2.0 cable that is for 4K? I'm not sure whether Mi Box S original cable is 2.0, or whether the HDMI port is 2.0? Some TV sets provided 1 or 2 ports for 2.0, others 1.4 only.

Last edited:

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since you have the Mi Box S that can play Netflix in 4K, why do you cast your phone's Netflix on the TV?

Actually I'm just intending to use mi box as a 4k Chromecast. Isn't it good I can control which shows I can play on TV from my phone. No need to scroll and use voice commands just to find the show I wanna watch

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really. I did not have to use the USB power adapter. I stuck in directly into the TV's USB port.

my tv have a 1.5v usb port.. i plug it there.
and what an upgrade from a stupid minix. everything seems to just stream on the higher reso immediately. am on the 5GHz band.
glad i took the leap

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.