2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

fortunecat

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
84,193
Reaction score
13,322
Price list is out now!!!
Looks like pixel 3 will be available at Singapore.

Pixel 3 = sgd 1249
Pixel 3XL = sgd 1399

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

3XL is same price as Note 9 launch price. That's crazy

Posted from PCWX using Note 9
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,260
Reaction score
31,121
1st nov go singtel hello shop can recontract without early termination penalty for 12 months contract? If so, only cant get free pixel stand.

I should be looking to find time to visit the stores to get some hands on see if i get tempted to upgrade.

Imo its mainly camera features.
Well in my case, I can. Because last year I contracted to get the iPhone X. I'm a singtel circles subscriber so I get to recon every 12 months with no penalty.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
honestly don't see any unique selling point for pixel 3 over pixel 2, all software updates will be available for p2.. but at the same time hand itchy want to try new phone..

I traded off my 2xl for a ipX because the blue tint and crushed blacks were really so bad :/

Software updates will be the same for P2 and P3.

But software feature will be diff. Some feature will be P3 only.
 

chesterchen

Member
Joined
May 18, 2002
Messages
356
Reaction score
40
IBU1f43.jpg
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,782
Reaction score
12,241
I hope we get to keep a 2 year warranty for 3 XL. Cannot find information here too.

You just pray for a manufacturing defect like Pixel 2 XL.

Then you can get 2 or maybe 3 years warranty. :D
 

bagyidaw

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
2,425
Reaction score
191
Should I get pixel 3 or galaxy s9?
I am leaning towards galaxy s 9 for physical factors but advantage of pixel is software(pure android and update).
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Should I get pixel 3 or galaxy s9?
I am leaning towards galaxy s 9 for physical factors but advantage of pixel is software(pure android and update).

Not just that, it's also way cheaper now for the S9. haha. Comparing specs and hardware, both got pros and cons. SD845 is definitely ahead of the Exynos that S9 is using, pretty sure the camera is better on the Pixel 3 (seeing that I still prefer Pixel 2 camera over S9+/Note9). But S9 has headphone jack, microSD card slot or dual sim, the screen is higher resolution, the pressure sensitive home button is actually useful.

Software wise can be subjective also. If you want more built-in features, it's samsung. If you like clean experience, then Pixel 3 for sure. Bonus points for being first in line for updates.

But in the end, still have to see how much you're willing to pay. Value for money wise, pretty sure it's going to be the S9 at this point. But for me software experience is a bigger deciding factor.
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,260
Reaction score
31,121
Not just that, it's also way cheaper now for the S9. haha. Comparing specs and hardware, both got pros and cons. SD845 is definitely ahead of the Exynos that S9 is using, pretty sure the camera is better on the Pixel 3 (seeing that I still prefer Pixel 2 camera over S9+/Note9). But S9 has headphone jack, microSD card slot or dual sim, the screen is higher resolution, the pressure sensitive home button is actually useful.

Software wise can be subjective also. If you want more built-in features, it's samsung. If you like clean experience, then Pixel 3 for sure. Bonus points for being first in line for updates.

But in the end, still have to see how much you're willing to pay. Value for money wise, pretty sure it's going to be the S9 at this point. But for me software experience is a bigger deciding factor.
the biggest selling point for pixel are 1) the camera and photo storage and 2) the google integration and AI.

I just love all the predictive stuff the phone does. From anticipating your travel habits based on past history, to automatically editing your photos with interesting effects
 

chesterchen

Member
Joined
May 18, 2002
Messages
356
Reaction score
40
I would wait for the usual shops to stock it up first. Sure cheaper than from Google store.

Yeah, had a friend just buy a Pixel 2 XL from RWM at $768 last month. Same phone on the Google Play Singapore store is $1099 right now.
 

qyc_91

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
1,493
Reaction score
44
U contacted them about this? Im also wondering about it. Since even if im on a 12mth singtel contract, considering that this year the launch date is earlier than last year.

Those who recontract last year with singtel during pre order will have to wait past 14th nov :s22:

Singtel giving up of making an exception for customers these days.
 

newouverture

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
1,445
Reaction score
0
Should I get pixel 3 or galaxy s9?
I am leaning towards galaxy s 9 for physical factors but advantage of pixel is software(pure android and update).

Within 3 MTHS, your backside will itch again to change new phone. So does the 3 yr guaranteed software update makes any more sense to you?

By the time sd845 and 4gb ram will be obsolete.

Right now, a new s9 cost $700 compared to $1249 p3. See if that is worth $550.
 

bawawaw

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
823
Reaction score
0
Should I get pixel 3 or galaxy s9?
I am leaning towards galaxy s 9 for physical factors but advantage of pixel is software(pure android and update).

Right now I'm using S9+, but I really miss my Pixel 2 before. The camera on that phone is really superb, what more on the pixel 3 with it's new added features. The battery on pixel is way better also than using Samsung, well atleast for me. The unlimited photo storage is also a big deciding factor if you have lots of pictures and videos.

But, if you are more on features and not really bothered by late updates, S9 is not a bad buy also. Those little added features are really very useful on daily usage. Like scroll capture, 3d home buttom, black theme, adapt sound, dual app etc.
 

bagyidaw

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
2,425
Reaction score
191
Within 3 MTHS, your backside will itch again to change new phone. So does the 3 yr guaranteed software update makes any more sense to you?

By the time sd845 and 4gb ram will be obsolete.

Right now, a new s9 cost $700 compared to $1249 p3. See if that is worth $550.
That’s a good point. But I should have said pixel will get update faster than other android phones.
 

newouverture

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
1,445
Reaction score
0
That’s a good point. But I should have said pixel will get update faster than other android phones.

Agreed that pixel will always be first to get newest updates. But sometimes latest software doesn't necessarily means it's better and bug free. :)

I have a old s7 which my son is using. It was working so well when in Marshmallow and Nougat. When updated to Oreo, the battery life like sh*t.

Same goes for my old pixel XL, eversince updated to Pie, I hardly can use it as daily driver as battery life is very cui.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top