2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,945
Reaction score
13,690
Still don't like notch and punch holes. That's why I chose the pixel 3.
 

flashbug

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
956
Reaction score
267
Hi, does anyone here have issues with focusing on their pixel 3?

Recently, I am unable to reliably take photos in focus, and many of the images turn out blur. The camera aggressively tries to focus on images and takes very long to do so.

Thinking of making a trip down to the service centre. Bought mine from Google store :(
 

androidmazon

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
982
Reaction score
0
Maybe try clearing the camera app's cache and data first

Hi, does anyone here have issues with focusing on their pixel 3?

Recently, I am unable to reliably take photos in focus, and many of the images turn out blur. The camera aggressively tries to focus on images and takes very long to do so.

Thinking of making a trip down to the service centre. Bought mine from Google store :(
 

Jescowalker

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2013
Messages
266
Reaction score
0
love the oneUI gesture leh way better than what we have on this phone now

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6,012
Reaction score
75
Anyone gonna jump ship to s10 series? If camera is on par I sure jump

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

I think I will but I would have to see the battery life of s10 first before switching. Currently using the Zerolemon battery case for my standard pixel 3 for the extra battery juice to last the day.
 

androidmazon

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
982
Reaction score
0

Jescowalker

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2013
Messages
266
Reaction score
0
went to feel a S10 and Plus quite shiok in hand . their navigation gesture top notch hope someone port the apk to us

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2003
Messages
5,154
Reaction score
0
went to feel a S10 and Plus quite shiok in hand . their navigation gesture top notch hope someone port the apk to us

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
Too big for me, even for the S10.

Thus far the only annoyance I have for the P3 is the adaptive brightness. Been about a month I think and it is still spotty.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,945
Reaction score
13,690
Does CTDI do repair on the spot like collect back a few hours later or must deposit there then collect a few days later? For small problems like maybe button replacement.
 

flashbug

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
956
Reaction score
267
Does CTDI do repair on the spot like collect back a few hours later or must deposit there then collect a few days later? For small problems like maybe button replacement.


Just to update:
After factory reset, camera still cannot lock focus reliably. I took the opportunity to feedback about poor battery life since day 1. In fact, both my pixel 2xl and pixel 3 have full battery this morning, but former dropped to 70% while latter dropped to 28%. After running the test, he said it is draining faster than it should, so they will replace both the battery and rear camera.

I'm supposed to be able to collect within 4 hours but I'm only collecting tomorrow due to their closing hours.

If your phone battery heats up and showing fast draining, you may wish to consider checking with them.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,945
Reaction score
13,690
Just to update:
After factory reset, camera still cannot lock focus reliably. I took the opportunity to feedback about poor battery life since day 1. In fact, both my pixel 2xl and pixel 3 have full battery this morning, but former dropped to 70% while latter dropped to 28%. After running the test, he said it is draining faster than it should, so they will replace both the battery and rear camera.

I'm supposed to be able to collect within 4 hours but I'm only collecting tomorrow due to their closing hours.

If your phone battery heats up and showing fast draining, you may wish to consider checking with them.

Thanks. My p3 power button is a bit wobbly. If can collect on same day then I can consider going down to check and maybe replace the button.

My phone battery life so far is ok. 6hrs sot can.
 

flashbug

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
956
Reaction score
267
Thanks. My p3 power button is a bit wobbly. If can collect on same day then I can consider going down to check and maybe replace the button.

My phone battery life so far is ok. 6hrs sot can.

Try to go down before 4pm then, since they close at 8pm on weekdays. Don't know if their 4h is a standard window they give customers.

BTW, the process to hand my phone over took about 30 min. If you want to save time, back up and factory reset first.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,945
Reaction score
13,690
Try to go down before 4pm then, since they close at 8pm on weekdays. Don't know if their 4h is a standard window they give customers.

BTW, the process to hand my phone over took about 30 min. If you want to save time, back up and factory reset first.

Can don't factory reset when hand over for repair?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top