2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

Jedski0412

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
ZJfHr23l.jpg

I believe it is the screen protector.
Even the card's corner blocking the camera view already even thou it hasn't nearly blocked the camera hole.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,811
Reaction score
8,513
ZJfHr23l.jpg

I believe it is the screen protector.
Even the card's corner blocking the camera view already even thou it hasn't nearly blocked the camera hole.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

Apparently the protector has a small hole around the camera area.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
ZJfHr23l.jpg

I believe it is the screen protector.
Even the card's corner blocking the camera view already even thou it hasn't nearly blocked the camera hole.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

Camera cutout not big enough for the wide angel camera :s22:
maybe try contacting case factorie see what they say. I'm sure they need to know as well that their screen pro cutting is affecting the functionality of the phone
 

Jedski0412

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Camera cutout not big enough for the wide angel camera :s22:
maybe try contacting case factorie see what they say. I'm sure they need to know as well that their screen pro cutting is affecting the functionality of the phone
Oki.. will do let them know this.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
My speaker grill got flooded with the loca glue on my 2xl.

Have to abort and use vacuum cleaner to suck the glue out.

2 time manage to stick it. But it lifted up after few days.

Now i given up hope and use naked....haha
I kena this crap for my 3XL bro. The speakers should fine but dust are getting trapped easily at the speaker grill because of the harden glue. I tried using alcohol swab with toothbrush to clear out some of it but I don't know is it me or what, it still seems like the harden glue is there.

Never ever buying this again. Waste of money.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,811
Reaction score
8,513
I kena this crap for my 3XL bro. The speakers should fine but dust are getting trapped easily at the speaker grill because of the harden glue. I tried using alcohol swab with toothbrush to clear out some of it but I don't know is it me or what, it still seems like the harden glue is there.

Never ever buying this again. Waste of money.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT

No stickers to cover the speakers?
 

fevern0va

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
710
Reaction score
137
I kena this crap for my 3XL bro. The speakers should fine but dust are getting trapped easily at the speaker grill because of the harden glue. I tried using alcohol swab with toothbrush to clear out some of it but I don't know is it me or what, it still seems like the harden glue is there.

Never ever buying this again. Waste of money.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT

Agree. This fked up my phone. Even if they install for u, loca will go into the speaker grill and fk the phone up. Not sure if I'm paranoid but the speaker sounds softer now. 100% regret.

Any recommendations for screen protector with no haloing?
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,811
Reaction score
8,513
Agree. This fked up my phone. Even if they install for u, loca will go into the speaker grill and fk the phone up. Not sure if I'm paranoid but the speaker sounds softer now. 100% regret.

Any recommendations for screen protector with no haloing?

That's bad. So it affects the calls and ringing? Can you hear the other person on the other end? :s11:
 

dimebag

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
383
Reaction score
0
Agree. This fked up my phone. Even if they install for u, loca will go into the speaker grill and fk the phone up. Not sure if I'm paranoid but the speaker sounds softer now. 100% regret.

Any recommendations for screen protector with no haloing?

I'm using ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Max Coverage Screen Protector. It covers well and sticks to the screen well as it's the slightly elastic kind of material which uses a soapy solution to adhere to the screen. Easy application, however it is not the smoothest to slide over.

I will still prefer a glass one so might get the White Stone one when it's out. In the meantime I ordered caseology one so let's see how it is.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Agree. This fked up my phone. Even if they install for u, loca will go into the speaker grill and fk the phone up. Not sure if I'm paranoid but the speaker sounds softer now. 100% regret.

Any recommendations for screen protector with no haloing?


I'm testing a type where it's using a soft adhesive on the entire screen, similar to the type on my S8. It took some time but it's finally available, once it's here I'll review then link it if it's good. Don't want to link now because it might be garbage and don't want people waste their money.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Think only whitestone has stickers for the grilles..



Posted from PCWX using Google Pixel 3 XL White


To be fair, just using normal scotch tape to cover the grills is easy too... Did that last time for a friend's unit.
 

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
62,848
Reaction score
1,080
To be fair, just using normal scotch tape to cover the grills is easy too... Did that last time for a friend's unit.

It's not about stickers, Whitestone got small bumps to lift the glass a bit so that there's a gap for the glue to stay.

Others doesn't have that and glue will spill out everywhere.
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
GY1UBycl.jpg

Guys.. So i went to case factorie today to get my screen protector pasted. However, otw home i noticed that when i use the selfie cam (wide angle) i could see a round shaped blur. Is this the screen protector issue?

Addtl sample.
dfKk9iwl.jpg


Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Yes confirm is screen protector camera hole cut out too small, I had this issue on one of my 2 XL tempered glass screen.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top