2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,896
Reaction score
12,285
am i understanding it correctly?
updating the firmware is a "diff" based update? meaning it does not just download the latest image and update but will d/l the "diff" updates and upgrade sequentially?

The whole firmware will be downloaded.

Whatever it is, your data and apps are still intact.

I have not done a factory reset on my phones ever since I got P1 and P2.
 

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2002
Messages
5,432
Reaction score
57
Yeah bro. It was mentioned a few days ago.

Hahah I think centered is the nicest lah. Looks more symmetrical and won't block until any thing. The one on the S10/S10+ had to shift the icons on the top right to the left alittle to accommodate the hole punch which looks ugly IMO.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL

Yah, it's really ugly on the $10+..
 

porky_88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
Hahah from time to time the P3 price does change on singtel website. Just not sure if this is a permanent or temporary change. If it's a permanent one then it's a no brainer to go for P3 instead of 3A.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL

ya... really sequentially.. march 2019 update now... imagine u get a sept 2018 stock in aug 2019... update until lao sai.... lol
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Yeah bro. It was mentioned a few days ago.



Hahah I think centered is the nicest lah. Looks more symmetrical and won't block until any thing. The one on the S10/S10+ had to shift the icons on the top right to the left alittle to accommodate the hole punch which looks ugly IMO.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL

My home screen besides the bottom area with some commonly used apps, got nothing else. Which is why I prefer the app drawer style. No app drawer and everything need organize on home screen personally not to my liking.
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,910
Reaction score
1,456
I doubt google's current strategy is able to even impact market share of apple much though
:s22:

If google were to make phones like how huawei and xiaomi first entered the markets i think would sell more phone units also.

Mainstream consumers are very practical, you offer them something very affordable and with lots of features as compared to what the big players out there, they will not hesitate to make the switch asap i think.

Think Google already 3rd best selling in US

Posted from PCWX using Galaxy S10+
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,896
Reaction score
12,285
ya... really sequentially.. march 2019 update now... imagine u get a sept 2018 stock in aug 2019... update until lao sai.... lol

No lah. It doesn't work that way. You may just need to update once or twice the most.

It is kind of crazy to download 1 month of update at a time.
 

porky_88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
No lah. It doesn't work that way. You may just need to update once or twice the most.

It is kind of crazy to download 1 month of update at a time.

i just went through the whole sequence
oct - nov - dec - jan - feb - march -april and the current may update

:(

unless someone knows something i don't
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,896
Reaction score
12,285
i just went through the whole sequence
oct - nov - dec - jan - feb - march -april and the current may update

:(

unless someone knows something i don't

You need to update on your P3 ?

That doesn't really sound like a smart phone at all. :s22:
 

porky_88

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
You need to update on your P3 ?

That doesn't really sound like a smart phone at all. :s22:

i am surprised as well.. my last android nexus 5, i update it through fastboot
this current p3 update one month at a time... KNN

the haptic feedback is very nice to use thou... the pixel 3 casing also feels good
but too bad my backup travel phone.. primary phone still good old iOS
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
ya... really sequentially.. march 2019 update now... imagine u get a sept 2018 stock in aug 2019... update until lao sai.... lol

Hahah yeah I did that on a used pixel 2XL that I purchased previously. Month by month update. But that's via OTA. I don't think you'll need to do the month by month if you flash the image yourself but I might be wrong haha.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
My home screen besides the bottom area with some commonly used apps, got nothing else. Which is why I prefer the app drawer style. No app drawer and everything need organize on home screen personally not to my liking.

Hahah the hole punch didn't affect the app drawer area or the bulk of the screen. Just the top of the notification shade. And if you look at the S10/S10+ you'll see that the battery and whatever logos that are there are being pushed towards the center due to the whole punch which I find it kinda ugly.

If Google can just place the whole punch in the middle even if there's two cameras I still think it'll look better than Samsung's implantation.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Hahah the hole punch didn't affect the app drawer area or the bulk of the screen. Just the top of the notification shade. And if you look at the S10/S10+ you'll see that the battery and whatever logos that are there are being pushed towards the center due to the whole punch which I find it kinda ugly.

If Google can just place the whole punch in the middle even if there's two cameras I still think it'll look better than Samsung's implantation.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL

Im with you on the idea of such things being placed on the center as well. But to me not a big factor to deter me if the phone has much more to offer.
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,651
Reaction score
8,485
I think I'll prefer hole punch but preferably in the middle lol. Just realised another issue on the beta. With the gestures, the auto rotate button doesn't appear when I rotate the phone around to watch video lol. Need to manually tap the full screen button for now haha

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL

Ya i missed that function. Google good at killing its own creation. So I revert back to pill gesture.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top