i just gotten the wavlink 5Gbe usb-c to ethernet adapter. Anyone has it tried on Mac sequoia?
I realised that if i were to directly connect it to the modem (i.e. without any router), it can connect like 1-2sec, after which the internet connection was lost (even though the system still show connected). After unplugging and plugging the adapter back, i saw that the ip address become 169.254.XXX.XXX. If i were to connect it to a router directly, there is no such issue.
Interestingly, if i use the adapter with a windows laptop and connect to the modem directly. It can run perfectly fine.
I suspect there is a DHCP issue with mac sequoia. Anyone has any solution to this? i checked the driver but its like super outdated for RTL8157 chip...
I realised that if i were to directly connect it to the modem (i.e. without any router), it can connect like 1-2sec, after which the internet connection was lost (even though the system still show connected). After unplugging and plugging the adapter back, i saw that the ip address become 169.254.XXX.XXX. If i were to connect it to a router directly, there is no such issue.
Interestingly, if i use the adapter with a windows laptop and connect to the modem directly. It can run perfectly fine.
I suspect there is a DHCP issue with mac sequoia. Anyone has any solution to this? i checked the driver but its like super outdated for RTL8157 chip...
