IMHO.Which Intel NICs you are looking at?
Intel 82599/X520 based single or dual 10Gbe SFP+ NICs and Intel X540 based single or dual 10Gbe RJ45 NICs are always pretty affordable. The price can be dirt cheap if you buy from Taobao for second hand server NICs. They are not compatible with 2.5Gbe/5Gbe though.
Intel X550 and X710 chipsets are more recommended now.
Intel X550-T1/T2 dual 10Gbe RJ45 NICs are reasonably priced. Second hand server NICs can be pretty cheap.
X710-DA2 based dual 10Gbe SFP+ NICs seems to be pretty affordable as well from Taobao now.
X710-T2L based dual 10Gbe RJ45 NICs seems to be still relatively expensive.
Not specific as I see in other listing on the Realtek, Intel like got 20 something $ to 30 something $.
Anyway, I think should focus on the newer Realtek, don't want so much heat.
If the dual 10Gbe are cheap enough, I can consider to get one for experiments.
Right now I am focusing to get the 10Gbe Beelink to use as a server first.
Too lazy to try to get the TB4 Orico working on my notebook.
