AE Aego-M User Official Thread!

venividivici

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
627
Reaction score
41
GixxerFied, before you give up on your current set or buy a new one?

Can you confirm that you've grounded your speaker? do a simple test, just screw a copper cable into the screws on the back of the aego and screw the other end into the earth of an empty 3 pin plug. Then plug the plug with the earthed cable into your wall socket.

if you've done the above and the hum is still there. Then do the following.

Just turn your volume knob all the way off. Power plug must still be plugged in and turned on

Can you hear a slight buzzing at the back of the subwoofer, near the top of the sub, near the big aego logo? even though a quieter version of your original problem.

If you can still hear it, then the transformer is about to go. and the buzzing noise you hear is the transfer to the preamp. Which also means that there is a 6800uf 25V capacitor which has already been damaged.

you have to change the transformer, output is 12V 5A . walk around sim lim tower. there are some very efficient transformer on sale there.

remember to replace the capacitor as well. it should be leaking by now.

:) suprised right? the low voltage and amphere. I personally think the aego, holds the record for being the most electrical efficient music system for the amazing sound it outputs. I am confident no other system consumes this little power and sounds this good.

PS* you ride a gsx?
 

venividivici

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
627
Reaction score
41
... and to be absolutely confident that the transformer is wasted.

take a multimeter and measure the lead out from the transformer. it should be 12 volt steady and not fluctuating in large amounts +- 2 volts
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
GixxerFied, before you give up on your current set or buy a new one?

Can you confirm that you've grounded your speaker? do a simple test, just screw a copper cable into the screws on the back of the aego and screw the other end into the earth of an empty 3 pin plug. Then plug the plug with the earthed cable into your wall socket.

if you've done the above and the hum is still there. Then do the following.

Just turn your volume knob all the way off. Power plug must still be plugged in and turned on

Can you hear a slight buzzing at the back of the subwoofer, near the top of the sub, near the big aego logo? even though a quieter version of your original problem.

If you can still hear it, then the transformer is about to go. and the buzzing noise you hear is the transfer to the preamp. Which also means that there is a 6800uf 25V capacitor which has already been damaged.

you have to change the transformer, output is 12V 5A . walk around sim lim tower. there are some very efficient transformer on sale there.

remember to replace the capacitor as well. it should be leaking by now.

:) suprised right? the low voltage and amphere. I personally think the aego, holds the record for being the most electrical efficient music system for the amazing sound it outputs. I am confident no other system consumes this little power and sounds this good.

PS* you ride a gsx?

Bro, sala..

Your post meant for Gixxer1000 :s13:

Back to your last question, i use to ride a k4 600 before a k7 750 which i sold back in 2010.
 

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
17,036
Reaction score
3
GixxerFied, before you give up on your current set or buy a new one?

Can you confirm that you've grounded your speaker? do a simple test, just screw a copper cable into the screws on the back of the aego and screw the other end into the earth of an empty 3 pin plug. Then plug the plug with the earthed cable into your wall socket.

if you've done the above and the hum is still there. Then do the following.

Just turn your volume knob all the way off. Power plug must still be plugged in and turned on

Can you hear a slight buzzing at the back of the subwoofer, near the top of the sub, near the big aego logo? even though a quieter version of your original problem.

If you can still hear it, then the transformer is about to go. and the buzzing noise you hear is the transfer to the preamp. Which also means that there is a 6800uf 25V capacitor which has already been damaged.

you have to change the transformer, output is 12V 5A . walk around sim lim tower. there are some very efficient transformer on sale there.

remember to replace the capacitor as well. it should be leaking by now.

:) suprised right? the low voltage and amphere. I personally think the aego, holds the record for being the most electrical efficient music system for the amazing sound it outputs. I am confident no other system consumes this little power and sounds this good.

PS* you ride a gsx?

Thanks for providing such a informative write up. Shall carry out the test methods you provided.

My set will hum when the main power and speakers is off regardless the pc is on or off. When it hums, I simply turn the dial to on the vol and the humming stop.

No intentions to sell off or change a new speakers yet as I find this speakers is good enough for my usage.

And yes.. I used to ride a gixxer :)
 

venividivici

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
627
Reaction score
41
Paiseh sia both Gixxer*

I also blur, did not realised there were 2 similar nicks.

VPT24-4170 - TRIAD MAGNETICS - | element14 Singapore

I was shopping around - found a toroidal transformer. About SGD$50.

Looks like it will fit.

90 cm diameter x 5cm height.

Needs to drill one hole though to mount the transformer.

Good chance to upgrade transformer + you get extra 12V? maybe to mount an optical dac ?

Sounds like a project...
 

hosehbo?

Master Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
4,893
Reaction score
28
i think most users will tell you to go to sim lim tower, LHS, to get custom cables. iirc beldan or canare are the more popular ones.
 

ciggie

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Hello aego users.

I forgot to add that the one I am selling is black in colour and is about 2 months old.

I am selling it to swap colours to match my home decor/macbook

Will also consider trading with a white colour version of same age. ie. 2 months.

Everyone ask me why I sell the aego, asked if I didn't like the sound.

I like it a lot, just the wrong colour.

Thanks
 

boxies

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
Anyone letting go of Aego M Wall bracket? Bought Aego M few years back. Want to mount it now. :s13:

Looking at getting it for $20. PM me.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
hmm what are you guys setting your volume on your AegoM to be?
just wondering should the volume control be by the Aego Sub unit (or on your PC?)

I had the impression that PC/USB-DAC/etc set to max, and let the control be on the Aego M - is that the right way
 

chanvh

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
654
Reaction score
0
my Aego M is still strong and awesome on my TV console at my living room... bass is still level 1. loving it.
 

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,712
Reaction score
30
anyone know where to repair the subwoofer?

sometimes i turn it on no sound and the red led look very faint, have to keep repeatedly turning on/off then can get it to work.

thanks.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
anyone know where I can repair the audio control knob?
when I turn it at low volume, it sometimes creates noise :/
 

yeoironman

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Selling my Aego M, volume/power knob not working

Hi, i am selling my black Aego M for $50 cash & carry.
Please note that the power/volume knob is not working and it can't be powered-on. I am sure it can be repaired DIY but I don't have the time to source for the replacement volume pot, open up the woofer casing, and replace the item on the pcb. The satellites & cables are all stock & working perfectly: this problem happened yesterday only. SMS to 9459 2924 to arrange, thanks!
 

VanquishShadow

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
9,442
Reaction score
33
Does anyone have issues with buzzing from the satellites? The buzzing depends on the volume knob, so the louder I turn the volume knob the louder the buzzing is.

Basically if I am holding the 3.5mm end of the RCA-to-3.5mm connector and I touch the 3.5mm, there is a very audible buzz. When I connect it to my devices (PC, MP3 player), at some angles there is the same buzz.

It is not a cable problem as I have used the 3.5mm-to-3.5mm via the front input and its still the same.

Sidenote: I also have the problem where one side volume is softer (actually the volume fluctuates intermittently) and I connected one side using the Centre channel instead.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
Does anyone have issues with buzzing from the satellites? The buzzing depends on the volume knob, so the louder I turn the volume knob the louder the buzzing is.

Basically if I am holding the 3.5mm end of the RCA-to-3.5mm connector and I touch the 3.5mm, there is a very audible buzz. When I connect it to my devices (PC, MP3 player), at some angles there is the same buzz.

It is not a cable problem as I have used the 3.5mm-to-3.5mm via the front input and its still the same.

Sidenote: I also have the problem where one side volume is softer (actually the volume fluctuates intermittently) and I connected one side using the Centre channel instead.

anyone still using this?

I'm hearing random buzzing from my right satellite
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top