AE Aego-M User Official Thread!

chan0219

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
526
Reaction score
0
Help Aego M no sound

Hi, I just bought a Aego M speakers, when I set up everything according to the sales guy instructions, no sound can be heard from my speakers. The sub-woofer I noticed, when I turn the knob, the Led is not lighted up. Could my woofer be the cause, I tested my sound card and it is functioning. Anyone can help?
 

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
48,329
Reaction score
144
Hi, I just bought a Aego M speakers, when I set up everything according to the sales guy instructions, no sound can be heard from my speakers. The sub-woofer I noticed, when I turn the knob, the Led is not lighted up. Could my woofer be the cause, I tested my sound card and it is functioning. Anyone can help?
Is it powered on? :crazy:
 

cheez14

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
4
Hi, I just bought a Aego M speakers, when I set up everything according to the sales guy instructions, no sound can be heard from my speakers. The sub-woofer I noticed, when I turn the knob, the Led is not lighted up. Could my woofer be the cause, I tested my sound card and it is functioning. Anyone can help?

no light means no power...pls check whether u plugged it in and thats its switched on
 

chan0219

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
526
Reaction score
0
Well, i had actually pluged in the 3 pin plug.. Its led lighted up when on min vol, but subsequent turning of the knob, the led actually went off.. Wonder what could be the cost of it?
 

Ysatis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
21,093
Reaction score
9
Well, i had actually pluged in the 3 pin plug.. Its led lighted up when on min vol, but subsequent turning of the knob, the led actually went off.. Wonder what could be the cost of it?

bring back to change
 

ludacris10

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
10,500
Reaction score
5
just bought it :D all i can say is yeah u guys are right. 2 small sats soo clear!! O.O!! and the bass even set at 2 cannot feel much. 3 slightly but normal songs i usually play dont need too much bass rite now. So okay la. :D
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
just bought it :D all i can say is yeah u guys are right. 2 small sats soo clear!! O.O!! and the bass even set at 2 cannot feel much. 3 slightly but normal songs i usually play dont need too much bass rite now. So okay la. :D

Mine is at bass setting 1 and I already can hear the bass so loud and clear. Bass setting 2 will cause my floor to vibrate. :D

Wonder how many bass-heads who are using Aego M. :s13:
 

Gausss

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
0
hey erwinrommel~~ u using xtrememusic too issit norm to hear hissing sound from the sats when i set max volume on my pc and sub knob at 12oclock.. sorry but tot good speakers shld have minimal interference?? noob here thx
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
hey erwinrommel~~ u using xtrememusic too issit norm to hear hissing sound from the sats when i set max volume on my pc and sub knob at 12oclock.. sorry but tot good speakers shld have minimal interference?? noob here thx

I am using X-Fi Xtrememusic. Yes, I hear the hissing sound as well when the volume knob is turned up all the way. If I am not wrong, it is due to poor shielding. My Creative Gigaworks T40 also hear the same thing. Maybe Prelude and HT Omega Claro sound-card users can clarify this. I have read in the review that there is no hiss from the speaker at maximum volume after one user changed from X-Fi Xtremegamer to Omega Claro Plus.
 
Last edited:

Gausss

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
0
hmm then seems it is the sound card then :p
need to change cables and sound card ~~ but i seldom turn speakers up to max volume so maybe jus got to live with it~ jus happen to turn it up today and hear the hissing sound :(
hope prelude user can help clarify this
hey thx for quick reply :D
 

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
48,329
Reaction score
144
Mine is at bass setting 1 and I already can hear the bass so loud and clear. Bass setting 2 will cause my floor to vibrate. :D

Wonder how many bass-heads who are using Aego M. :s13:
you call? :s13:

so far my record for going heavy bass-less is around 2.5 months when I'm overseas for work :s7:

Aego M..almost 1 month already and I'm still lovin' it :s34:
 

ludacris10

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
10,500
Reaction score
5
i dun consider myself a basshead :p but i'd sure like some boom boom going on in the background when i'm listening to some of my songs :D
 

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
48,329
Reaction score
144
What's your sound card? I mean, if you turn up the speaker volume max without any sound playing in the background, do you hear any hiss?
I turn to the max while i'm not listening to any mp3 and it's silent at normal listening range. :o

Oh..and I'm using Prelude ;)
 
Last edited:

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
I turn to the max while i'm not listening to any mp3 and it's silent at normal listening range. :o

Oh..and I'm using Prelude ;)

You using Prelude leh. Top-grade quality.

I using Creative cards, of course can't fight with a Prelude. :s13:
 

sheringam

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
0
Just bought Aego M from City Electronics today. Listen to Heaven & Earth album from Kitaro. :D I'm impressed with the clarity of the muscial instruments in the background. :s31:

How long does it take for the speaker to burn in?

If I change the cables, must burn in the cable?

Can use Belden 1313a cable with RCA for the sub woofer to 2 speakers?
 

r_aquarii

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
2,305
Reaction score
0
it take min 100hr to burn in.
best if burn in together with the cable...

if u want to greatly improve the sound i suggest ZERO dac.
it beat my prelude flat.. and it also cost cheaper. $229 from jaban...
 

Ixnay

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2000
Messages
5,210
Reaction score
15
Can someone please advice what is the price now?

And also does Jaben carry them? sorry, me noob to this and your advice is greatly appreciated! :)
 

sheringam

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
0
Can someone please advice what is the price now?

And also does Jaben carry them? sorry, me noob to this and your advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Jaben dunno. But City Electronic in Sim Lim Square Level 1 selling at $246.10 including GST.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top