Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder any of u using Daikin FT25DVM fcu hav problem of the airflow not regular? after switch on for some time?

wat i mean is the airflow will sort of blowing slow, than fast, than slow.. something like the airflow is being obstructed by something.

after than when i look at the coil, it contains alot of water droplets.. i tink tat causes the irregular airflow.

but when i check the other room fcu(master bedroom), it does not contain any water droplets at the coil.

both room is at 25 degrees, 2 bar fan speed. Master bedroom gas pipe is connected to 9.5mm hole. but the other bedroom which hav airflow problem is connected to 15.9mm gas pipe hole(but there is a additional nut to make it to 9.5mm). does this causes the problem?

or shld be thermistor faulty?

i also hearing "ting" sound when i was in bed. quite loud. i suppose tat was to indicate the temperature is reached. but in MBR, my parent did not hear any of tat sound.

terumo, any idea? thanks..

Last edited:

RoLanTo

Master Member
Reaction score
wat u guys think of sanyo aircon.. System 2, prices are as follow:

Install aircon power (my existing hse, do not have it): 195/320
SAPCM1826CZ: 1499 (model maybe remember wrongly)
ext warranty: 299 (5yrs)
brackets: 150
discount : -100

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes...They are all labelled "Made in Thailand" at the condensor unit as well as fan coil units.

Very quiet for both fan coils and compressor. So far happy with them.

I like the 'clean function' which will dry the cooling coil automatically (once set) after you switched OFF the air con in the morning - to prevent moulds, Muchrooms (fungi) formed.

i also activated the cleaning mode but wondering if its really necessary to 'clean' each time for less than 4 hrs usage.

to me, the 'clean' mode is not cleaning lor, its just to dry any condensation on the aircon...wondering if its just a gimmick hehe.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also activated the cleaning mode but wondering if its really necessary to 'clean' each time for less than 4 hrs usage.

to me, the 'clean' mode is not cleaning lor, its just to dry any condensation on the aircon...wondering if its just a gimmick hehe.
it is necessary..

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
wonder any of u using Daikin FT25DVM fcu hav problem of the airflow not regular? after switch on for some time?

wat i mean is the airflow will sort of blowing slow, than fast, than slow.. something like the airflow is being obstructed by something.

after than when i look at the coil, it contains alot of water droplets.. i tink tat causes the irregular airflow.

but when i check the other room fcu(master bedroom), it does not contain any water droplets at the coil.

both room is at 25 degrees, 2 bar fan speed. Master bedroom gas pipe is connected to 9.5mm hole. but the other bedroom which hav airflow problem is connected to 15.9mm gas pipe hole(but there is a additional nut to make it to 9.5mm). does this causes the problem?

or shld be thermistor faulty?

i also hearing "ting" sound when i was in bed. quite loud. i suppose tat was to indicate the temperature is reached. but in MBR, my parent did not hear any of tat sound.

terumo, any idea? thanks..

hm... i can only comment on the water droplets... are they on the heat-exchanger fins? Coz during operation, the fins get really cold and when water condenses on them. But i guess you must oredi know this. =:p

unless you set your fan spd at AUTO, i dun see why it should blow fast & slow. I kinda think this FCU may be faulty. :s8:

Hm... so this FCU (pipe size 9.52mm) is connected to a 15.9mm pipe? Did i get it right? :s8:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hm... i can only comment on the water droplets... are they on the heat-exchanger fins? Coz during operation, the fins get really cold and when water condenses on them. But i guess you must oredi know this. =:p

unless you set your fan spd at AUTO, i dun see why it should blow fast & slow. I kinda think this FCU may be faulty. :s8:

Hm... so this FCU (pipe size 9.52mm) is connected to a 15.9mm pipe? Did i get it right? :s8:
ya...i already knw this. but i was wondering y does the airflow wil suddenly big, than normal.. than awhile later the airflow wil big n go back to normal again.

this happens only when switch on after sometime. n the coil doesnt hav tat many water droplets tat wil causes the airflow to be block.

the fcu gas pipe is 9.5mm.. only at the condenser unit, than is connected to 15.9mm hole. but there is a additional nut tat is fit 9.5mm to this 15.9mm hole.

the MA56EV1 gas hav 1x12.7mm, 1x9.5mm, 2x15.9mm.

terumo

Reaction score
For the Samsung thermistor, have to check to see if really thermistor faulty. Cost below $100 plus labour shld be able to get it done.

For Daikin fcu,
Fan mode, no condensation on cooling coil, so no sound.

Just do a general service, the noise shld be gone. Not a fault with the fancoil.

terumo

Reaction score
ya...i already knw this. but i was wondering y does the airflow wil suddenly big, than normal.. than awhile later the airflow wil big n go back to normal again.

this happens only when switch on after sometime. n the coil doesnt hav tat many water droplets tat wil causes the airflow to be block.

the fcu gas pipe is 9.5mm.. only at the condenser unit, than is connected to 15.9mm hole. but there is a additional nut tat is fit 9.5mm to this 15.9mm hole.

the MA56EV1 gas hav 1x12.7mm, 1x9.5mm, 2x15.9mm.

For the different nut size, it's ok as this condensor unit allows to connect to 4 units of different btu. Thats why it's so popular for HDB owners.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the Samsung thermistor, have to check to see if really thermistor faulty. Cost below $100 plus labour shld be able to get it done.

For Daikin fcu,
Fan mode, no condensation on cooling coil, so no sound.

Just do a general service, the noise shld be gone. Not a fault with the fancoil.

For the different nut size, it's ok as this condensor unit allows to connect to 4 units of different btu. Thats why it's so popular for HDB owners.
ok..thanks. so u confirm is not fcu fault but is inside is dirty? from my point of view, i tink tat the fcu is not faulty..neither it is also related to different nut size connector. but its jus weird though... jus used for 6mths..

btw on the self-diagnosis when press on timer cancel button for 5secs, if there is a fault on the fcu or the whole system, it will really alert by having a long beep?? provided the fault code is correct on the remote control?

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
Yes, just dirty.

Self-diagnosis, Ma56 will usually give the 2 error code, E0(Gas Shortage/safety devices), A5 (Frezze up/aircon dirty).

Rest of the codes are meant more for invertor series.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, just dirty.

Self-diagnosis, Ma56 will usually give the 2 error code, E0(Gas Shortage/safety devices), A5 (Frezze up/aircon dirty).

Rest of the codes are meant more for invertor series.
thanks for tat gd info on the error code! :)

btw the problem is solved! i jus clean the fan rotor myself today..:D thanks for the help here!

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe after you cleam the fan rotor with a brush, the sound is gone?
yup..i cleaned the fan rotor. it was alot of dust stick on it.:eek:

the problem i had is when the compressor is running(means airflow from fcu is cold), the airflow will sort of blowing big..than go back to normal..than airflow big again. so it was sort of airflow being interupted. no problem when it in fan mode.

n also the rite side hav only little airflow coming out. this was also happening when compressor is running. so means tat condensation take place in the coil, so alot of water droplets sort of blocking the smooth flow of air.

yeah, i cleaned both MBR n the fcu which had problem. i jus use wet cloth n a screwdriver to dig the dust out.

so now no more problem of the weird airflow.

btw was the fan rotor very difficult to take out? i already remove tat screw tat tighten to the shaft. in the end i giv up. the shaft only move a little. :(

terumo

Reaction score
To dismantle the fam rotor, you need to remove the pcb and the fan motor cover. For your method of dismantling, you can take out the fan rotor for Sharp older models... :)

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To dismantle the fam rotor, you need to remove the pcb and the fan motor cover. For your method of dismantling, you can take out the fan rotor for Sharp older models... :)
i already strip everything. so tats y i ask is it difficult to take out. i try to spray some wd-40 at the shaft area. but after awhile later, stil cannot take out.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
U mean u take out the fan rotor plus motor already? i mean you remove them from the fan coil?

Then you shld have used a plastic bag to cover the motor and spray water on the rotor... juz my views...

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U mean u take out the fan rotor plus motor already? i mean you remove them from the fan coil?

Then you shld have used a plastic bag to cover the motor and spray water on the rotor... juz my views...
no no..fan motor nv take out. cos really cannot pull out. seems like the shaft stuck to the fan rotor. in the end fan motor n rotor cannot take out. :s27:

so i jus use wet cloth n slowly clean lor..

Yuen08

Reaction score
Need your advice urgently.
Natural Cool has replaced to Daikin MA56EV16 and FT50FVM (non-inverter) from previous inverter series in my living/dining area and the results have been disappointing.
Though i set it at the min 18 degree but it wasn't cold. Natural Cool salesman Tommy claimed that it's not their problem if air was not cold, i have to contact Daikin directly.
Daikin servicemen came 3 times - 1st group said it's like that (not super cold) because it's non inverter and top up the gas. 2nd group came and changed the "?board" but no cold air after 1 week and same group came for 3rd time - said that the gas may have leak so top up gas again and the valve cover. Now it's blowing cold air but it's not super cold even though it is set at 18 degrees. The coldness is like 25 degrees.
Have anyone has this problem? Why is aircon behaving this way?
Who is responsible for this? Natural Cool or Daikin?
I am trying to resolve this before my warranty expires in Dec.
Paid $1.9k and super disappointed with the product.
Wanted to buy Panasonic but Natural Cool claimed the piping size is different so must stick back to Daikin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.