I have separate standalone PM2.5 devices. B4 as well as the 米家PM2.5检测仪. Maybe can say 米家 also "same same".... but B4 is different company from XiaoMi/Mijia... Both shows drop in the PM2.5 readings... readings doesn't defer much. If u put B4 on top of the purifiers while operating, it can show zero (not Gen1 because of the side opening, but still shows single digit close to zero). So I'm not that concern about those reports. Below is a pic I just took for my B4 above my Pro. This is to show the air comes out is "clean". The filter works.
If u ask me to choose between Gen1&2, I rather go for Gen1 than Gen2. Cos I prefer more "powerful" ones. And proven can blast all the way. Will not auto trigger back to slow auto mode. (At least for my case... maybe new firmware or other Gen2 also won't trigger back. This I dunno). Just personal opinion.
If budget not a key concern, I will always choose Pro over the other two. This one really cleans your indoor area fast. Saw Qoo10 got sellers selling around $3xx. Think that's the cheapest u could find at Qoo10, unless prefer to order from Taobao directly.
For Gen1, recently Qoo10 got promo@$129. But think now no more such special promo. Assuming say prefer "local" sets with warranty, then Fairprice online currently got offer @$249.
Gen2@Qoo10 around $18x? Not sure.