Air purifier? - Part 2

LFC25

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
The problem is that the electric cost of turning on air con is much higher than a dehumidifier.

I bought onerom taoBao; whilst it's good for the price, it's not a long term solution (for SG) unless you consistently seal the room.

In fact, your aircon probably has dry-mode, which works to dehumidify the room.
 

ngts78

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Gd to know tat pro seems quite robust. Thinking on getting this to run 24/7 for living room + dinning area (old type hdb 4 room) with windows open for most part of the day since it is supposed to be able cover larger area than gen2.

I didn't blast Gen2 for consecutive days when I had them before cos' that time, it will auto trigger back to auto mode. Probably app / firmware issue. Gen1 no issue. I only operate at mid speed when I had them. No issue. Hi speed especially Jet mode is too noisy. Jet mode - probably will feel anytime might give way. :s13:

I had tested on my Pro. Blasted for consecutive 3 days 24 x 7. No smoke coming out. :D

After that, every night till now, have been switching on (Favourite mode). Day time on standby mode (didn't off the main power supply from wall socket).

Till date, no sign of weakening. Motor still going strong. Unlike my previous AX40 (made in Korea), after several months, the fan speed weakens as compared to another new AX40 set. (Despite changing to a new filter). Maybe I had a lemon set ba.

Anyway, the point is, XiaoMi purifiers are reasonable durable imo. How long will it last, I also dunno. So far so good. Previously I also sceptical about China products. :D

But not for purifiers.... XiaoMi purifiers good enough for me. Valuable and works well. :)

But of course Pro is the most expensive. So worth or not worth, depends on individual. Gen1 / Gen2 does its job relatively decent and good too. Anyway, filters are interchangeable. Can use in any of the 3 models. :)
 

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
18,789
Reaction score
29
Gd to know tat pro seems quite robust. Thinking on getting this to run 24/7 for living room + dinning area (old type hdb 4 room) with windows open for most part of the day since it is supposed to be able cover larger area than gen2.

why on the AP with windows open?

are u trying to clean the air outside the kitchen areas too?
 

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
BNIGn9eCEAAkkSP.jpg


Gd to know tat pro seems quite robust. Thinking on getting this to run 24/7 for living room + dinning area (old type hdb 4 room) with windows open for most part of the day since it is supposed to be able cover larger area than gen2.
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,310
Reaction score
99
In order for any purifiers to be effective, u need to close the windows. Keeping the windows open is just wasting your hepa filter in any purifier.

Gd to know tat pro seems quite robust. Thinking on getting this to run 24/7 for living room + dinning area (old type hdb 4 room) with windows open for most part of the day since it is supposed to be able cover larger area than gen2.
 

nwh_sg

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
2,193
Reaction score
6
The problem is that the electric cost of turning on air con is much higher than a dehumidifier.

ralliart12 is right. Dehumidifier is good if your room is closed all the time. I bought one and now I only use it to dry my clothes when the weather is not able to dry my clothes fast enough. It's also good to dry wet shoes too. :D

Dehumidifier will also raise the temperature of the room so it would be a bit uncomfortable for the occupants.

I think suitable usage of dehumidifier (for sg climate) is for storage purpose type of enclosure, where you don't stay in there and open/close the door frequently.
 

klcc121

Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
269
Reaction score
8
Filtration no issue. Have tested with my B4 previously. Shows zero PM2.5 reading on Gen 2 outlet. Confirm clean air out.

If functionality refers to emitting negative ions etc, then Xiaomi purifiers are out.

End of the day, harmony comes first. Sharp is not a bad brand either. :)

yeah Harmony come first :o

in the end bought the sharp
 

klcc121

Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
269
Reaction score
8
if i already have one xiaomi unit
i will prefer to buy all same. filters can be used across all 3
easier to buy and cheap to replace

yeah, this is what i intended to do, can get the xiaomi pro also. but wife prefer sharp so llst :o
 

LFC25

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
ralliart12 is right. Dehumidifier is good if your room is closed all the time. I bought one and now I only use it to dry my clothes when the weather is not able to dry my clothes fast enough. It's also good to dry wet shoes too. :D

Dehumidifier will also raise the temperature of the room so it would be a bit uncomfortable for the occupants.

I think suitable usage of dehumidifier (for sg climate) is for storage purpose type of enclosure, where you don't stay in there and open/close the door frequently.

My intention of getting a dehumidifier is to bring down the humidity level to about 50-60% as I learnt that above 60% is not good for one's health. Currently, my house humidity is around 70%, it can go higher in the evening.
 

LFC25

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know how much do I have to pay for the GST if I purchase a $500 item from overseas?
 

nwh_sg

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
2,193
Reaction score
6
My intention of getting a dehumidifier is to bring down the humidity level to about 50-60% as I learnt that above 60% is not good for one's health. Currently, my house humidity is around 70%, it can go higher in the evening.

I know your intention.
Question is: do you mind the warmth brought on by the dehumidifier?
 

LFC25

Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Yes, con side is on the heat generated. That's why not so sure to buy or not to buy.
 

mnb

Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2003
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
For bedroom usage, is Xiaomi purifier first generation or second generation preferred?

I read from this thread, first generation is more powerful (dual motor) but consume more electricity. Would generation 2 be quieter since it is single motor?
 

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
some light sleepers may find gen1 too noisy for them
For bedroom usage, is Xiaomi purifier first generation or second generation preferred?

I read from this thread, first generation is more powerful (dual motor) but consume more electricity. Would generation 2 be quieter since it is single motor?
 

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
For bedroom usage, is Xiaomi purifier first generation or second generation preferred?

I read from this thread, first generation is more powerful (dual motor) but consume more electricity. Would generation 2 be quieter since it is single motor?

i got the gen 1 from Comex at 128.... they throw in one free filter..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top