Air purifier? - Part 2

logitech123

Master Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2001
Messages
3,912
Reaction score
5
i'm using gen 2 auto and wall mount it right behind my bed. the noise doesn't affect me at all.
btw, anyone using mi home with ios11? my UI seem to have bug, is it only me?
 

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
105,555
Reaction score
141
need to ask something

the xiaomi app pm2.5 reading

is that ug/m3 or AQI units?
 

Tuxedosamsp

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

Was looking around the forum for AP's,
I'm thinking to get a Xiao mi 2 units for the whole house base on the forum recomendations as I can use all the same filters for them.

Is it advisable to do so for the whole house or should I mix with a AX 40?

If I wanna place two XM 2 in a room is it still advisable or should I mix?

Looking forward to your reply, Thank you :)
 

SimpleY

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I just brought the Sharp KCD 60E with humidifer function. However, the display keep showing humidity in my room around 50% to 60%. But i got my other humidity measurement devices all read about 30% to 40%. Does anyone having this problem?
 

kandinsky

Master Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
4,693
Reaction score
10
Hi all,

I just brought the Sharp KCD 60E with humidifer function. However, the display keep showing humidity in my room around 50% to 60%. But i got my other humidity measurement devices all read about 30% to 40%. Does anyone having this problem?

Just a thought: If the air purifier has a humidifier function, would it mean that the reading at the device will always be higher compared to elsewhere?

You can try doing the salt test with your other hygrometers (assuming they are more portable), that will give you a basepoint for comparison - https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2...grometer-humidity-sensor-using-the-salt-test/

Personally, I find that the built-in sensors in devices tend to be more 'rough', compared to purpose built devices.
 

SimpleY

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Just a thought: If the air purifier has a humidifier function, would it mean that the reading at the device will always be higher compared to elsewhere?

You can try doing the salt test with your other hygrometers (assuming they are more portable), that will give you a basepoint for comparison - https://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2...grometer-humidity-sensor-using-the-salt-test/

Personally, I find that the built-in sensors in devices tend to be more 'rough', compared to purpose built devices.

Why is that so? But will it have a big difference of 20%?

Anyway i got 3 hydrometers which is +/- 3% so i think the hydrometers are quite ok.
 

quarkz

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
876
Reaction score
5
Hi,

my 2 samsung ax40 purifiers have been showing red lights, especially the bedroom one, even more frequent. I wonder if my location's air quality is so bad. Last time, there was construction but it has since ended. I've cleaned the outer layer filter too. There's no change fliter light on.

Anyone has similar experience? Thanks.
 
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
376
Reaction score
0
wow been reading this thread for the past few days. good information.

My mother has chronic sinus and asthma. I feel the air in the house is always dirty and dusty.Through this thread i learnt abt non ionizing air purifiers. which is what I wish to get for her. I dont wish to splurge but neither do i want to scrimp on something that might improve her health.

I dont want to take any risk with blueair. Is honeywell the only good one out there?

Something around 500? Any recommendations for a non ionizing one? will really appreciate any advice.

Something quiet, and does its job effectively. maybe something better than the 0.3 micron standard? if affordable as well. I heard that alot of harmful particulate is 0.1 micron etc - not sure, just a hearsay.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
BNIGn9eCEAAkkSP.jpg

 

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
u realize u are showing a video of a vacuum in a sealed environment right?
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,310
Reaction score
99
Honeywell is a good brand. But is not quiet. U may wish to go eg. Best Denki and hear the “sound” from their display sets to have a feel of it.

Unable to advice what’s the best suitable purifiers for ur mum condition. Perhaps others could.

wow been reading this thread for the past few days. good information.

My mother has chronic sinus and asthma. I feel the air in the house is always dirty and dusty.Through this thread i learnt abt non ionizing air purifiers. which is what I wish to get for her. I dont wish to splurge but neither do i want to scrimp on something that might improve her health.

I dont want to take any risk with blueair. Is honeywell the only good one out there?

Something around 500? Any recommendations for a non ionizing one? will really appreciate any advice.

Something quiet, and does its job effectively. maybe something better than the 0.3 micron standard? if affordable as well. I heard that alot of harmful particulate is 0.1 micron etc - not sure, just a hearsay.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
u realize u are showing a video of a vacuum in a sealed environment right?

Yes, just showing that certain vacuums are capable of doing that. Air purifiers are also useless if one leaves all their windows open mah
 

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
cos there are hepa filters in vac these days
to prevent the exhaust from releasing dust back.

Yes, just showing that certain vacuums are capable of doing that. Air purifiers are also useless if one leaves all their windows open mah
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
cos there are hepa filters in vac these days
to prevent the exhaust from releasing dust back.

Although it's important to note that a vacuum with HEPA filter =/= HEPA certified vacuum. A full HEPA vacuum needs to have a fully sealed airflow system together with regular replacement intervals.
 
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
376
Reaction score
0
i bought honeywell 170e. Its great. Can feel the air better. In fact, ppl who cam over said the air felt lighter in the house than outside. and surprisingly, its cooler also maybe because there is less dust etc.

It is noisy but it works great. during sleep, i switch it on at low which is fine. at high
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top