Air purifier? - Part 2

Jun Jun

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
1,302
Reaction score
184
Can sharp plasma ion air purifier filter food smell let say if i want to put in bedroom and sleep? Will i still smell food from kitchen? Has anyone tested?
 

cstanhwz

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
3,417
Reaction score
268
Can sharp plasma ion air purifier filter food smell let say if i want to put in bedroom and sleep? Will i still smell food from kitchen? Has anyone tested?
The plasma function is able to deodorize smells.

But you need to understand that the food smell from kitchen will keep coming into your room.

Any air filter also cannot 100% eliminate the smell instantly.

You need to get rid of the food. Good for getting rid of pest too.

Or make sure your room is air tight.
 

Jun Jun

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
1,302
Reaction score
184
The plasma function is able to deodorize smells.

But you need to understand that the food smell from kitchen will keep coming into your room.

Any air filter also cannot 100% eliminate the smell instantly.

You need to get rid of the food. Good for getting rid of pest too.

Or make sure your room is air tight.
The smell comes in during cooking. And it is annoying especially when u can smell the odor in the aircon room, so i am looking for something that can clear away that smell.
 

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
Need a air purifier for bed room that is quiet enough and can detect food/cooking smell. As my kitchen does not have doors, we will always smell the garlic and fried smell in the kitchen from our bedrooms. Any brands and models to recommend? Are sharp, Hitachi any good and their filter long lasting? I have a xiaomi 3h but it seems not effective in filtering cooking smell and is quite noisy if i tuned up the speed. The filter is not cost effective too and keep reminding me to change filter after a few mths.
Maybe settle your odour in your kitchen first with a efficient hob to remove those smells.

in my opinion, all purifiers will do their job but depends on your budget and your wants. Came across a $1800 air purifier (huge and not really for home use) that was used in a smoking room. The filters costs about $200+ for replacement every 6 months. Will it be necessary for your home?
There is a German type with reusable filters but there are limited number of washes. A single unit is about USD$700.

In my opinion, I will eliminate the source and then improve the surrounding. More cost effective too.
 

quirkyhill

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
69,288
Reaction score
4,079
came across this group buy https://forms.gle/WN2GvGtjtdkd8bf97 selling filterless air purifier sic by friend

has anyone tried filterless air purifier before?

does it work well?

how does it compare against those filter air purifier?

feel like buying cos i always sneeze a lot in the morning
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,288
Reaction score
20,547
Guys, 请问一下
The 小米 3C recommended anot? For a budget one
How much better is 3H?
And then few pages earlier I saw yall talking about Sqair double deal, 还有吗?
 

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
6,559
Reaction score
345
Guys, 请问一下
The 小米 3C recommended anot? For a budget one
How much better is 3H?
And then few pages earlier I saw yall talking about Sqair double deal, 还有吗?


Get the Xiaomi 3H. I also have the Sqair, actually, both are good. But I prefer Sqair because every morning no more sinus block nose issue. On the other hand, I turn on Xiaomi full speed when i tidy my room and change my bedsheet.

And I think the Sqair double promo already finish liao.
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,275
Reaction score
86
Guys, 请问一下
The 小米 3C recommended anot? For a budget one
How much better is 3H?
And then few pages earlier I saw yall talking about Sqair double deal, 还有吗?
I don’t have 3C/3H, so dunno. On paper, there’s a pictorial comparison at the bottom of this link that I have found. Maybe is helpful for you.
https://www.mi.com/global/mi-air-purifier-3c

I have sqair but no longer using. Kept as spare for time being. Probably will let family members to bring to their office to use once they go back to work, provided they are keen.

I think on Lazada 6-6 there’s offer for sqair if prefer this AP. But is probably good to check with seller about their hepa filter stock availability if intend to buy spare down the road. I noticed it was oos on their shopee listing for a period of time already. Only left the carbon filter if not wrong.
 

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
I called them last week because I want to change my HEPA filters. They still have the bundle price but limited stocks.
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
I am using Xiaomi Pro for a long long time but always feel something is amiss. Does anyone feels the same?

Does other brand purify the air better?
 

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
Just saw this on the Carousell.
I am using Xiaomi Pro for a long long time but always feel something is amiss. Does anyone feels the same?

Does other brand purify the air better?
Do you have another machine to do a comparison?
 
Last edited:

westtraveller

Master Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
1,684
Hi - which shop is recommended for xiaomi 3H? I see minihelpers on lazada has a lower price than the official lazada store. Ok seller or should I bite the bullet abd buy from official store?
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,275
Reaction score
86
Hi - which shop is recommended for xiaomi 3H? I see minihelpers on lazada has a lower price than the official lazada store. Ok seller or should I bite the bullet abd buy from official store?
I last time ever bought filters from this seller before. Got that RFID sticker. Able to detect. Didn’t buy 3H AP. As for my Pro APs, bought long ago, cannot remember exactly from who already.

No particular seller to recommend. I usually see pricing and reviews.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top