Air purifier? - Part 2

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,275
Reaction score
86
Will it still run even without RFID on filter? Coz i was thinking of buying the purple filter from TB instead. Local selling $38-$45, TB abt $13-16. Just need to find xiaomi TB or those with loads of reviews.
It runs for my old Pro APs. Cos I have old stock of enhanced green. That time these don’t have the RFID. My Pro APs will run.

Display will show this. But it won’t stop it from running. After you off and on back the AP, the display is gone.


As for newer AP such as 3H etc, I not sure, don’t have. Never test before.

Nowadays I only buy the H13 black version with RFID of course. No more stock up blue/green. Purple maybe if price is attractive.
 
Last edited:

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
Sqair filter prices are at $33, which I feel is the best price for protection. There is a local distributor that provides the warranty and servicing. They also offer me 1 to 1 exchange for warranty replacement during the first year. Nowadays, I see a lot of their commercial products in hospitals, clinics, restaurants and schools. Importantly, they are tested to lab specs, which is one reason why I buy them.
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,275
Reaction score
86
Sqair HEPA filter @ $33 and their carbon @ $27 if I not wrong.

So if want to replace both, will be $60 in total. If no need replace / use carbon, then will be $33.

Sqair @ Level 1 is quiet. Have to see if that level is powerful enough to clean your room. Level 2 and 3 I find it noisy, at least that’s how I feel. Maybe is the frequency that I’m more sensitive ba. Dunno. Others may find it acceptable.

Xiaomi AP is quiet at night mode / auto mode (when low speed), but frankly I don’t recommend to run at these modes. Too weak in imo. There are discussion in the past why don’t use your AP in auto mode.

What you could do, if going for xiaomi, I would suggest adjust the fan speed to the “highest” tolerable acceptable level. That’s what I did. And I don’t go adjust anymore. Always run at that mode be it day or night.

Otherwise, may be better to consider n compare other brands. Go retail stores and physically listen to the noise n see if is acceptable. Everyone is different.
 
Last edited:

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
39,363
Reaction score
4,359
Sqair filter prices are at $33, which I feel is the best price for protection. There is a local distributor that provides the warranty and servicing. They also offer me 1 to 1 exchange for warranty replacement during the first year. Nowadays, I see a lot of their commercial products in hospitals, clinics, restaurants and schools. Importantly, they are tested to lab specs, which is one reason why I buy them.

Sharp HEPA kc-g50e is 33.50 and that covers 38m2. Sqair filter covers 40m2.
Is comparable imo. And can juz change the HEPA on a sharp and ignore the carbon right?

I believe their filter price is nothing special.

Didn't know sqair was used commercially.
Are they they really more efficient like they claim. They have that chart.
Does square have a timer function?

Cosmo air purifier looks good but their filter price at 58 is on the high side.
 
Last edited:

mindgamey

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
149
HEPA filters are the only way to remove particles smaller than PM2.5
Surprise that so long you still type this crap.

You dont need HEPA to remove PM2.5

HEPA is only standard that measures efficiency.

Good HEPA without sufficient ACH is useless.

I can have a HEPA 13 (99.95%) high efficiency and airflow of 200m3/h

vs

E10 (85%) with airflow of 275m3/h

Which one more effective? You do the Math

Some brands make it simple, use CADR (but you need to check whether is tested/verified )

Go study about filtration efficiency first before pushing your Sqair product.
 
Last edited:

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
Sqair HEPA filter @ $33 and their carbon @ $27 if I not wrong.

So if want to replace both, will be $60 in total. If no need replace / use carbon, then will be $33.

Sqair @ Level 1 is quiet. Have to see if that level is powerful enough to clean your room. Level 2 and 3 I find it noisy, at least that’s how I feel. Maybe is the frequency that I’m more sensitive ba. Dunno. Others may find it acceptable.

Xiaomi AP is quiet at night mode / auto mode (when low speed), but frankly I don’t recommend to run at these modes. Too weak in imo. There are discussion in the past why don’t use your AP in auto mode.

What you could do, if going for xiaomi, I would suggest adjust the fan speed to the “highest” tolerable acceptable level. That’s what I did. And I don’t go adjust anymore. Always run at that mode be it day or night.

Otherwise, may be better to consider n compare other brands. Go retail stores and physically listen to the noise n see if is acceptable. Everyone is different.
They just released their smoke test video. Towards the end, the video demonstrated how fast it takes to remove smoke from the dome. Doubt any manufacturers actually did a smoke test with such a dome.

 

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
Sharp HEPA kc-g50e is 33.50 and that covers 38m2. Sqair filter covers 40m2.
Is comparable imo. And can juz change the HEPA on a sharp and ignore the carbon right?

I believe their filter price is nothing special.

Didn't know sqair was used commercially.
Are they they really more efficient like they claim. They have that chart.
Does square have a timer function?

Cosmo air purifier looks good but their filter price at 58 is on the high side. There is no WiFi connectivity and all though hmmm and
I saw a restaurant and clinic using their Blast series. Not sure where the sqairs are used, as told by their sales manager.

There is no timer for Sqair and I turn my aircon and AP off when I leave the room. Of course, I can add a smart plug to program it, but not necessary.
 

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
39,363
Reaction score
4,359
I saw a restaurant and clinic using their Blast series. Not sure where the sqairs are used, as told by their sales manager.

There is no timer for Sqair and I turn my aircon and AP off when I leave the room. Of course, I can add a smart plug to program it, but not necessary.

A smart plug. Meaning a timer yes. I thought need to press on to on it after the item is activated??

Btw I saw levoit pur 131 , which can do 48m2. The HEPA + carbon filter only cost 22 dollars on shopee.
That's even cheaper.

Some of the levoit models have very good review on Amazon.com though, like 30,000 lol.

Need to go check up more on levoit durability. It's a USA company.

Currently this looks like more it is of more value than Xiaomi.
 

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
Surprise that so long you still type this crap.

You dont need HEPA to remove PM2.5

HEPA is only standard that measures efficiency.

Good HEPA without sufficient ACH is useless.

I can have a HEPA 13 (99.95%) high efficiency and airflow of 200m3/h

vs

E10 (85%) with airflow of 275m3/h

Which one more effective? You do the Math

Some brands make it simple, use CADR (but you need to check whether is tested/verified )

Go study about filtration efficiency first before pushing your Sqair product.
Eh, this is a sharing platform. No? What gives you the thought I am pushing sqair? Just because I am using it? I do what I like with my money and buy what I feel is the best for my family. Do you have to be rude?

I mention nothing about HEPA different grades and only stating a fact that it removes Pm2.5.
Suitable cleaning technology: For removing fine particles, highly efficient filters, such as High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters, are preferred.
https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/pollution-control/air-pollution/faqs
Airflow at 200cmh? Are you are referring to CADR?
CADR and airflow are not the same thing. They are slightly different measurements. That means CADR values from one air purifier should not be compared with airflow values from another air purifier. CADR is typically lower than airflow.

Maybe you are an Air Purifier distributor reseller and upset that Sqair stole the market from you?
 

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
A smart plug. Meaning a timer yes. I thought need to press on to on it after the item is activated??

Btw I saw levoit pur 131 , which can do 48m2. The HEPA + carbon filter only cost 22 dollars on shopee.
That's even cheaper.

Some of the levoit models have very good review on Amazon.com though, like 30,000 lol.

Need to go check up more on levoit durability. It's a USA company.

Currently this looks like more it is of more value than Xiaomi.
Buy what suits your budget and your confidence with the AP. I am a Sqair user and their fan because they perform air quality and product research which is similar to my work domain.

Smart Air (Sqair and Blast manufacturer) is founded by an American and Chinese based in Beijing. Their CEO is British and all of them are PhD graduates. I find them relatetable as intellectuals than a company which is profit driven.
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,275
Reaction score
86
They just released their smoke test video. Towards the end, the video demonstrated how fast it takes to remove smoke from the dome. Doubt any manufacturers actually did a smoke test with such a dome.


Most impt is you are happy with your own AP and serves you well. The worst scenario is buy liao then realised is not really suitable for ownself for whatever reason. Others say how good or how bad also no use. No need to convince others either.

Personally, at the end I still prefer my existing XM Pro APs for my bedrooms. Suits me the most so far. Doesn’t mean others will find XM good or suitable. How about my Sqair? Inside storeroom. Family not keen to bring office use either.

In fact, I actually bought another new AP - Pro H recently. Add more horsepower lol.

But don’t think I want to comment much since mostly people here are looking for budget AP. I also not working for XM, no need to promote anything either. Many more “professional” reviews are available out there anyway. I not professional.

End of day, slowly do own research n best if can, experience ownself at retail stores and get a feel of it before committing. Don’t impulse buy and regret later on.
 

herz22

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
Most impt is you are happy with your own AP and serves you well. The worst scenario is buy liao then realised is not really suitable for ownself for whatever reason. Others say how good or how bad also no use. No need to convince others either.

Personally, at the end I still prefer my existing XM Pro APs for my bedrooms. Suits me the most so far. Doesn’t mean others will find XM good or suitable. How about my Sqair? Inside storeroom. Family not keen to bring office use either.

In fact, I actually bought another new AP - Pro H recently. Add more horsepower lol.

But don’t think I want to comment much since mostly people here are looking for budget AP. I also not working for XM, no need to promote anything either. Many more “professional” reviews are available out there anyway. I not professional.

End of day, slowly do own research n best if can, experience ownself at retail stores and get a feel of it before committing. Don’t impulse buy and regret later on.
I totally agree with you! 🙏
 

mindgamey

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
149
Eh, this is a sharing platform. No? What gives you the thought I am pushing sqair? Just because I am using it? I do what I like with my money and buy what I feel is the best for my family. Do you have to be rude?

I mention nothing about HEPA different grades and only stating a fact that it removes Pm2.5.

https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/pollution-control/air-pollution/faqs
Airflow at 200cmh? Are you are referring to CADR?
CADR and airflow are not the same thing. They are slightly different measurements. That means CADR values from one air purifier should not be compared with airflow values from another air purifier. CADR is typically lower than airflow.

Maybe you are an Air Purifier distributor reseller and upset that Sqair stole the market from you?

HEPA filters are the only way to remove particles smaller than PM2.5
You are the one said I quote again "HEPA filters are the only way to remove particles smaller than PM2.5"

If you know the mathematic behind CADR you will know it is always lower than airflow.

It IS lower, not just your typical!
 

mindgamey

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
149
They just released their smoke test video. Towards the end, the video demonstrated how fast it takes to remove smoke from the dome. Doubt any manufacturers actually did a smoke test with such a dome.



Please dont buy into marketing hype, you dont need fancy looking dome to show filtration speed.

Dyson does it too.



Does it mean they make good air purifier?

Seasoned posters here know the answer

Edit: Looks like everyone is doing it



Even obscure also demo


I have nothing against Sqair. All I am asking you is to not make sweeping statements like

They just released their smoke test video. Towards the end, the video demonstrated how fast it takes to remove smoke from the dome. Doubt any manufacturers actually did a smoke test with such a dome.

HEPA filters are the only way to remove particles smaller than PM2.5
 
Last edited:

Chuck Norris

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
3,686
Reaction score
105
hi guys can recommend me a good air purifier which can suck or eliminate dusts? Havent been sleeping well for months due to nose irritation from dust particles ever since moving into new house
 

mindgamey

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
149
hi guys can recommend me a good air purifier which can suck or eliminate dusts? Havent been sleeping well for months due to nose irritation from dust particles ever since moving into new house
Someone here recommends Sqair if you want to a simple no frills AP.

If you want smart functions that has to be Xiaomi series of AP.

Very hard to recommend others given the price points of these 2 brands
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,275
Reaction score
86
hi guys can recommend me a good air purifier which can suck or eliminate dusts? Havent been sleeping well for months due to nose irritation from dust particles ever since moving into new house
I used to suffer from daily sneezing upon waking up in the past due to sensitivity and allergic.

Here’s some of the APs and brands that I have used to have and tried. works for me, at least reduce the occurrence/improve my condition (now more or less I don’t have that issue, but lifestyle and diet plays a role too)
Disclaimer: I not saying the below will sure work for you. Or other brands not listed will not work for you. No hor.

Honeywell (those cylinder type, very old model 17xxx 18xxx)
My very first AP that I bought years ago. Their HEPA filter very big as in very thick. The outer rim will turn black after a relatively long period of usage, the inner rim still remain white. Very solid. But these old models can be noisy. Better hear it yourself at stores see if is acceptable. Otherwise, may want to see their newer models, but I never try before, so cannot comment.

Given / sold to others. Partly also because their filters getting more expensive locally. If not for the noise and expensive filter, I like this. Personal preference only.

Samsung AX40
Bought oversea. Good. I sold off because that time their original filters from those online oversea sellers getting more and more expensive. Unless you got lobang and don’t mind customise filters from Taobao.

Sharp
Plasmacluster technology. Quite good for odour etc. Exact model I cannot remember. Not those small ones. That old model I have sold away also.

XiaoMi Pro
Currently am still using XM Pro for all my bedrooms. Still works well for my case. Old model also. If you are keen on XM, perhaps can consider their newer models instead. Am still using mainly because their filters are affordable online and more sources. Practical for me especially for long run.

Other brands that I have used before were Coway, Hitachi ... getting too long I don’t comment le. I also have Sqair, minimalistic. Currently resides in my storeroom. Not using anymore.

Active APs I’m currently still using daily throughout the night are:
XM Pros for all my bedrooms
XM Pro H for my living hall

I still have one Sharp, newer model and one Novita. For occasional specific usage whenever required. Not exactly for my daily usage. So I don’t comment further here.

Those above APs that I no longer using doesn’t mean they no good or XM is better hor. Not that.

Sometimes people say AP doesn’t work, but they are operating at auto / Low mode, windows open etc. You have to find one that is powerful enough to clean your area, fast. Else you probably won’t see any noticeable difference. Yet at the same time, the noise level is acceptable for you and the filters price are ok for you, especially in long run.

Many many new models, new brands, new APs out there. Take your time to compare. Hopefully you can find one that may somehow help in your condition. Hopefully you will find this useful in one way or another.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top