Air purifier? - Part 2

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,455
Reaction score
11,636
Currently Xiaomi Air Purifier Gen 1 is on offer, S$115 / S$129, I am tired of AX40 due to the need to clean the pre-filter which collects alot of lint that I find a hassle to clean.

My question, if any experts here can enlighten me:

1. Is there any pre-filter I need to clean on XM1 or XM2?

2. Can XM1 and XM2 stay on high mode 24/7? I read that XM2 will auto revert back to "auto" after certain time, but not XM1.

Why is XM2 favoured over XM1? My main concern is XM2 cannot stay on high mode for 24/7 (like my AX40).

Thanks!


There are prefilters on 99% of the air purifiers out there. This is a plus point actually. There are also very similar prefilters on 100% of the aircon FCUs out there. It's just a 20 seconds job with a vacuum cleaner, i do it whenever i vacuum the floor coz surely would pass by the APs.

If no vacuum, just go to the shower or service yard and blast it with the shower head/hose. shake it a bit/pad it dry with a cloth, install back. If you want you can air dry before installing, or just install it while it's still a bit damp.

Yes, there are "net" prefilters on the XM1 and XM2, these are located on the cylindrical HEPA filter units....it's "built in".

If there are no prefilters, all that lint would be stuck on the HEPA filter's pleated surface and it won't be easy to vacuum it then. You'd be "using up" that HEPA filter like 10X faster than it ought to be.

Aircon FCU pre filters, a bit lehceh, need to use a chair so not cleaned as often.
 
Last edited:

mindgamey

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
157
Currently Xiaomi Air Purifier Gen 1 is on offer, S$115 / S$129, I am tired of AX40 due to the need to clean the pre-filter which collects alot of lint that I find a hassle to clean.

My question, if any experts here can enlighten me:

1. Is there any pre-filter I need to clean on XM1 or XM2?

2. Can XM1 and XM2 stay on high mode 24/7? I read that XM2 will auto revert back to "auto" after certain time, but not XM1.

Why is XM2 favoured over XM1? My main concern is XM2 cannot stay on high mode for 24/7 (like my AX40).

Thanks!

Trust us, you don't want the xm to be a blast mode.

I only can put my xm1 at high (1 level below blast) out in the living room when I am in the study. That was during the great haze when my apartment was in locked down mode.
 

appleist

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
193
Reaction score
3
thanks for the reply. i understand that XM1 is loud, i probably will keep it in M or H mode 24/7. Is it true that XM2 and XM Pro cannot be set to M or H for extended period of time?
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,300
Reaction score
97
thanks for the reply. i understand that XM1 is loud, i probably will keep it in M or H mode 24/7. Is it true that XM2 and XM Pro cannot be set to M or H for extended period of time?

For XM Pro, initially maybe cannot? Not sure. But after update, I tested with Fan speed @18-31m2 coverage, it didn't toggle back to auto mode. Tested running for whole day overnight. But I didn't test the highest full blast speed.

For XM2, not sure if update will do likewise or not. No longer has XM2, so unable to try it out.
 

appleist

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
193
Reaction score
3
wah... really cannot stand the noise of XM1 at high speed.

Any statistics on the CADR of XM1 at various speeds? I can't find it online leh...
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,300
Reaction score
97
wah... really cannot stand the noise of XM1 at high speed.

Any statistics on the CADR of XM1 at various speeds? I can't find it online leh...

High speed is noisy. Jet mode I doubt anyone will be keen to let it run. :s22: :s13:

XM2 and even Pro is also "noisy" if u set to the high/max speed. Among these 3, XM1 is the noisiest, followed by XM2. Pro is more "smoothing" to my ears. At current settings, I think I noticed my fan sound rather than my Pro sound. :D

Use the app pm2.5 readings to monitor n judge urself whether the Low or Mid speed is sufficient to maintain or reduce fast enough for ur room/area.

So far, mid speed is sufficient for me during recent "hazy" period. Haven't put into real test on real annual haze. Last time was using AX40 - this one quieter and Honeywell - this one noise even... :super: (no longer have them now) .
 
Last edited:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
believe honeywell is noisy in most modes?
 
Last edited:

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,512
Reaction score
18,648
Trust us, you don't want the xm to be a blast mode.

I only can put my xm1 at high (1 level below blast) out in the living room when I am in the study. That was during the great haze when my apartment was in locked down mode.

yeah, the blast mode in XM is too powderful
 

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
59,272
Reaction score
589
haze-vacuum-singapore.jpg


this photo will illustrate how it looks like if all ur windows are open and u use air purifier
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,455
Reaction score
11,636
Last edited:

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,300
Reaction score
97
Any thoughts/feedback on the XiaoMi 3rd party filter offered by Passion? Compared to the Green filter by XM, is this 3rd party filter as good? Going for $34.70.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/XIAOMI-LI...NSITY-STRONG-MI-AIR-PURIFIER-FILTER/431891779

So thick. Will affect the "air flow" or not? Might as well stick to the Xiaomi enhanced green filter? $39.90 - only few bucks more. Free delivery unlike passion still need additional $3.49 delivery charge, unless u opt for free shop pickup.

Comparison
Passion + delivery: $38.19 / $34.70 + self pick
Xiaomi enhanced green + free delivery: $39.90
Price difference only $1.71 / $5.20

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/XIAOMI-AIR-PURIFIER-FILTER-FORMALDEHYDE-REMOVAL-ENHANCED-EDITION/528165229
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top