all about the Singtel [Aztech 7003]

tonychew

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
ok let me describe in details my networking setup.

1) miotv (level3) direct to aztech router (level1) via lan cable.
2) aztech distribute to other data points via gigaport switch.
3) i have 2 wireless accesspoint connected to 2 data points at L2 n L3.
4) i have a computer connected to data point at L3.

when this problem happen

1) miotv cannot watch (no internet)
2) accesspoint in L2 L3 cannot connect to internet
3) computer at L3 cannot connect to internet

problem is resolved by rebooting 7003j by unplugging the powerpoint.
 

tonychew

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
how do i choose which channel is not congested by neighbours? i do not want to keep rebooting my router, too troublesome.
 

upgrade

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,304
Reaction score
2
ok let me describe in details my networking setup.

1) miotv (level3) direct to aztech router (level1) via lan cable.
2) aztech distribute to other data points via gigaport switch.
3) i have 2 wireless accesspoint connected to 2 data points at L2 n L3.
4) i have a computer connected to data point at L3.

when this problem happen

1) miotv cannot watch (no internet)
2) accesspoint in L2 L3 cannot connect to internet
3) computer at L3 cannot connect to internet

problem is resolved by rebooting 7003j by unplugging the powerpoint.

Symtoms:
No Internet, no mioTV (which is NOT dependent on Internet), no LAN connection (to Internet) in your home.

Possible causes:
a) Faulty router
b) Faulty ONT
c) Fibre problem (NLT or ST as OpCo)

Remedy to solve symtons (problem):
Reboot router

Cause identification:
Router problem

Hmm... then how come wifi still can get to Internet... maybe all LAN ports or circuit board of router is problematic. Get it changed by ST.
 

tonychew

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Symtoms:
No Internet, no mioTV (which is NOT dependent on Internet), no LAN connection (to Internet) in your home.

Possible causes:
a) Faulty router
b) Faulty ONT
c) Fibre problem (NLT or ST as OpCo)

Remedy to solve symtons (problem):
Reboot router

Cause identification:
Router problem

Hmm... then how come wifi still can get to Internet... maybe all LAN ports or circuit board of router is problematic. Get it changed by ST.

good diagnose bro, i monitor again during the next breakdown. i see if only wifi is still working and rest are down. thanks for your kind n detail diagnose. Appreciate
 

upgrade

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,304
Reaction score
2
how do i choose which channel is not congested by neighbours? i do not want to keep rebooting my router, too troublesome.

Do you have an Android device at home? If yes, download Wifi Analyzer from the Play Store, learn it and then walk around your home and you will see what are the not so congested channels.

Or use a notebook and download the older version of inSSIDer that is still found on the Internet. The new version is no longer free.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html


Run the app and then go to various parts of your home. Remain stationary at important locations to let the app find and adjust it results. You can then determine the best channel to set. IF your APs are using different channels then change accordingly.
 

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,625
Reaction score
900
Any one having this problem with the aztech7003:
Samsung tablet and iphone can see the 5ghz wifi but other ac capable devices like xiaomi box and lg g3 cannot. These devices only see the 2.4ghz wifi.

With another ac router, the dlink 868, the xiaomi box and lg g3 can see the 5ghz wifi.

Encountered this issue at a friend place today before I helped replace his router with asus AC56. Non J set

2 PCs using asus PCE-ac68 adapters cannot detect the 5ghz band, even after I disabled and re-enabled the band and tinkered with bandwidth. iPhone and Samsung phones can detect though :s22:
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I suppose we cannot get the printer function to work, right? :(

there is a built in printer server.. should be able to get it to work if you do it correctly... never tried before for my 7003 though..
 

victorian07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
24,688
Reaction score
59
anyone knows if it's possible to do QoS, specifically MAC address filtering for this router or 7002? Can't seem to find it on the admin interface, a call to the Singtel CSO yielded nothing much too. He did remote assistance on my end, and eventually suggested that I call during business hours to subscribe for parental control as a value-added service =:p

What I'm trying to do is to reduce the bandwidth hog that my Chromecast device is. When it runs for a while, the other device's WiFi connection start dropping. A pity these Aztech devices are not compatible with DD-WRT.

Any kind advice please? :)
 

lifeislame

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
6,090
Reaction score
506
you can get network printer working by enable upnp then save and reboot then go 192.168.1.254/singtel and login.then go advance setting and able onboardprintee and name your printer etc:edmw as for model just anyhow whack.then on your pc go to add printer.choose the printer that what iwant isnt listed. location put http://192.168.1.254:631/printers/edmw replace edmw with the printername u set earlier.a list of printer driver pop up and pick the driver for ur printer .

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

forgecrew

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Hello fellow Netizens, just wanted to share my experience on the 7003 wireless router. Communicated with Singtel for 3 or 4 wks before finally realizing the USB ports on the router have been deactivated by Singtel. Here's the sequence of events:

1) Enquired the singtel installer during installation day and was told no problem using the usb ports on the router.
2) Tried to connect to thumbdrive and connecting my old printer(no wireless function) usb ports days later and it did not work. You can read the devices via the dashboard but Singtel deactivate the link so that you cannot have any functions.
3) Call Singtel customer service asking why the usb ports not working and was told that Aztech was the one deactivate the usb ports and asked me to call Aztech tech support. I question why its Aztech problem when the dashboard clearly shows singtel logo. They insisted I call Aztech
4) Called Aztech and left messages for 2 days before Aztech technican called back and revealed that Singtel flashed Aztech firmware for this router with Singtel customized firmware. This is why the usb ports are not working.
5) Called Singtel customer why they put me on a wild chase when all along Singtel was the problem. They said to get back to me.
6) A few days later, Singtel technican called back and indicated that the problem lies with Singtel and its the firmware that is making the usb ports not accessable and they will resolve by finding a solution.
7) Days passed again and no calls from Singtel. Called Singtel again and they said no solution for me. Requested to speak to supervisor or manager.
8) Days again before a customer service officer called back and informed me again sorry no solution. I requested again to speak to supervisor or manager. Finally a customer service officer called back and told me sorry no solution and there's nothing they can do except to feedback my request to the relevant department but I wont be getting any reply back from them. The manager asked if the case can be closed now and I replied "no solution no close case". He told me that it would affect the officer's performance matrix as the case cannot be closed. Told him that if Singtel cannot work to resolve a common issue faced by many users, why would you want to close case.

Not sure if anyone has encountered any experience similar, but anyone who is having problem with the usb ports, this is the reason why.

I suggest anyone having 7003 router to called up Singtel and log a case about the USB ports. So that they will take this seriously and resolve it. And please dont let the customer service officer persuade you to close the case. Tell them to let it stay open as long as they dont have a solution.
 

Piece00

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Bridging using Aztech FG7003GRV(AC)

Hi all,

I'm new to these network stuff, was trying my hand at setting up 7003 from Singtel as a bridge mode by connecting to a Asus AC68U which i bought but i cant seem to find the "bridge mode".

Is there such a function? or am i really mistaken here haha..

Thanks in advance for any advise!
 

forgecrew

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
maybe you can try connecting your Asus to one of the LAN Ports of 7003. Access your Asus using //192.168.1.1/?[/url]
 

sg_scouser

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
hope some bro can advise..i have a lan port in my room..can i know what router to get to set it as access point for both my mio tv and devices in my room thx..and how to set the router to access point
 

Boonson

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Signal Strength

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help a neighbor who is an old couple. Singtel forces them to upgrade to fiber and gave them this router. The location of the fiber point is at a weird location and the wifi signal is very weak in the man's working room (he is a writer) so his laptop internet connection keeps dropping. They called Singtel and repeat their story 10 times and finally Singtel agrees to move the fiber point but they have to pay $300. It quite ridiculous that Singtel creates the problem and now the users have to pay for it.

So I'm trying to help them. From InSIDDer, I can see that the signal drops significantly after going through a wall and with the room door closed. I tried moving the router to a slightly better location and the connection stays consistently. But the setup is ugly with lots of power extension cables.

I saw the Advance Settings page in this forum. So my question is, is there an option to adjust the signal strength in there? I know some routers or AP has that option. If not, any other settings that will help to boost the signal strength or penetration?

If not, what are my options? I'm trying to find the cheapest solution for them. I saw wifi extender selling for $60-$90 and I read it reduces the bandwidth by half. Or can I replace the router? (They don't have cable TV or anything else) I saw Challenger selling TL-WR841N for only $29. It says "Long Range wifi" on it so hopefully it has better wifi strength. Worth a try?

Thanks everyone in advance!
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help a neighbor who is an old couple. Singtel forces them to upgrade to fiber and gave them this router. The location of the fiber point is at a weird location and the wifi signal is very weak in the man's working room (he is a writer) so his laptop internet connection keeps dropping. They called Singtel and repeat their story 10 times and finally Singtel agrees to move the fiber point but they have to pay $300. It quite ridiculous that Singtel creates the problem and now the users have to pay for it.

So I'm trying to help them. From InSIDDer, I can see that the signal drops significantly after going through a wall and with the room door closed. I tried moving the router to a slightly better location and the connection stays consistently. But the setup is ugly with lots of power extension cables.

I saw the Advance Settings page in this forum. So my question is, is there an option to adjust the signal strength in there? I know some routers or AP has that option. If not, any other settings that will help to boost the signal strength or penetration?

If not, what are my options? I'm trying to find the cheapest solution for them. I saw wifi extender selling for $60-$90 and I read it reduces the bandwidth by half. Or can I replace the router? (They don't have cable TV or anything else) I saw Challenger selling TL-WR841N for only $29. It says "Long Range wifi" on it so hopefully it has better wifi strength. Worth a try?

Thanks everyone in advance!

you said singtel gave them a router, so i assume it is the non 1gbps plan which they subscribed to. In that case, you cannot purchase any router off the shelf randomly. Unfortunately the tplink router will not be compatible to replace the singtel router.

Regarding the signal strength, the router is operating at 100% strength by default. However if you feel that the strength is low, perhaps the unit is faulty.

Otherwise, you have a few options here.

1) Purchase an access point - a little expensive, depending on which model u choose. need to lay cable from router to room.

2) Use good quality home plugs with wireless feature - a pair of home plugs for this purpose is likely around 100 to 150 bucks. (this will save a lot on technical configuration and wire clutters. also, the performance on home plugs depends on the quality and age of their existing power lines.)

3) replace the router completely - you can only do so by buying routers from asus/netgear and some other selected dlink routers. The reason is because these routers have built-in vlan profile support. No vlan, means not compatible with singtel.
 
Last edited:

Boonson

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Thanks rendfred89. I'll give the homeplugs a try then, hopefully can find a 2nd hand ones for them. What do you think about Wifi extender or repeater? Thinking of putting one somewhere in-between but I read that it will half the bandwidth.

you said singtel gave them a router, so i assume it is the non 1gbps plan which they subscribed to. In that case, you cannot purchase any router off the shelf randomly. Unfortunately the tplink router will not be compatible to replace the singtel router.

Regarding the signal strength, the router is operating at 100% strength by default. However if you feel that the strength is low, perhaps the unit is faulty.

Otherwise, you have a few options here.

1) Purchase an access point - a little expensive, depending on which model u choose. need to lay cable from router to room.

2) Use good quality home plugs with wireless feature - a pair of home plugs for this purpose is likely around 100 to 150 bucks. (this will save a lot on technical configuration and wire clutters. also, the performance on home plugs depends on the quality and age of their existing power lines.)

3) replace the router completely - you can only do so by buying routers from asus/netgear and some other selected dlink routers. The reason is because these routers have built-in vlan profile support. No vlan, means not compatible with singtel.
 

dolp_21

Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
330
Reaction score
26
Hello,
Running 1gb fibre, tried using dsl 7000grv(s). Ont direct to notebook has connection and surf internet. Plug to the Ethernet wan port of the above mentioned router, IPOE setting. Broadband led up but internet down. Seem that it cannot grab any setting from ONT like DNS but if I set to bridging, internet led is red color but still no wan, dns, gw but status is connected. How to make the 7000 work with my 1gb fibre? Vlan tagging must set in admin page which section? Thank you in advance.
 

lifeislame

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
6,090
Reaction score
506
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help a neighbor who is an old couple. Singtel forces them to upgrade to fiber and gave them this router. The location of the fiber point is at a weird location and the wifi signal is very weak in the man's working room (he is a writer) so his laptop internet connection keeps dropping. They called Singtel and repeat their story 10 times and finally Singtel agrees to move the fiber point but they have to pay $300. It quite ridiculous that Singtel creates the problem and now the users have to pay for it.

So I'm trying to help them. From InSIDDer, I can see that the signal drops significantly after going through a wall and with the room door closed. I tried moving the router to a slightly better location and the connection stays consistently. But the setup is ugly with lots of power extension cables.

I saw the Advance Settings page in this forum. So my question is, is there an option to adjust the signal strength in there? I know some routers or AP has that option. If not, any other settings that will help to boost the signal strength or penetration?

If not, what are my options? I'm trying to find the cheapest solution for them. I saw wifi extender selling for $60-$90 and I read it reduces the bandwidth by half. Or can I replace the router? (They don't have cable TV or anything else) I saw Challenger selling TL-WR841N for only $29. It says "Long Range wifi" on it so hopefully it has better wifi strength. Worth a try?

Thanks everyone in advance!
connect to 2.4ghz as it signal is more stronger than 5.0ghz

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top