Android TV Box

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
聚体育 u pay for it ?

Take note 聚体育is the TV version of PP Sports. PP Sports has lost the right to EPL. Tencent Sports has taken over.

https://www.insidesport.co/premier-league-suing-pp-sports-for-media-rights-contract-default/
The English Premier League is suing its former Chinese media-rights partner PP Sports for $215.3 million for not paying the full cost of the previous broadcast. As early as September 3rd, the Premier League and PP Sports, the Chinese broadcaster, respectively announced the termination of their partnership.
On September 17th, shortly after the Premier League’s contract with PP Sports was dissolved, the Premier League announced a partnership agreement with Tencent Sports. Tencent Sports will broadcast the remaining 372 Premier League games for the rest of the new season, more than half of which will be broadcast free of charge, with other matches to be offered through Tencent Sports’ membership service.

fyourlife

Reaction score
for those using the x96, can i check which Viu app you are using?
So far I am unable to find a viu app that can work on it, as they all show unsupported device

lordofthering

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time I use new cloud tv on a box. Then it say cannot connect to server.

On a other box it can connect but there is a google service error keep popping up once the box is opened

Anyone know where to download the new cloud software? I tried lots and doesn't work. Or any other alternative that is as good as new cloud?

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem on mibox s though

For Mi Box S:
If you are not paying for Viu Premium, try to sideload the free tablet version. This is not officially supported.

If you are paying for Viu Premium, then you can cast from your mobile phone, this is the official method mentioned by Viu.

hoolala

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why my Evpad need to restart or reconnect WiFi to see some channels?

When I on it, some channels gave me black screen, will be watchable only after I restart the box or reconnect wifi

ZhugeLiang 諸葛亮

Reaction score
good morning,

look for a budget tv stick for my parent's old TV to watch youtube.

for the price range, is XIaomi TV Stick the best choice now?

or any other better choice to recommend?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZhugeLiang 諸葛亮;131380703 said:
good morning,

look for a budget tv stick for my parent's old TV to watch youtube.

for the price range, is XIaomi TV Stick the best choice now?

or any other better choice to recommend?

mi tv stick is a good choice.

but you should not classify it as budget tv stick.

not many will object if you called it premium tv stick.

it will you best experience if you are only interested in FHD or 1080p .

you can run premium services like netflix, amazon prime, disney+, and also many others via chromecast.

ZhugeLiang 諸葛亮

Reaction score
mi tv stick is a good choice.

but you should not classify it as budget tv stick.

not many will object if you called it premium tv stick.

it will you best experience if you are only interested in FHD or 1080p .

you can run premium services like netflix, amazon prime, disney+, and also many others via chromecast.

ok.haha true on not classifying it as budget stick.

ya i think FHD/1080p is good enough, since its older TV that dosen't support anything higher than 720/1080p

yup. for now the best choice at the price point seems to be xiaomi tv stick :)

fitzz82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZhugeLiang 諸葛亮;131381289 said:
ok.haha true on not classifying it as budget stick.

ya i think FHD/1080p is good enough, since its older TV that dosen't support anything higher than 720/1080p

yup. for now the best choice at the price point seems to be xiaomi tv stick :)
can it play viu and mewatch?

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
Total noob here. Been subscribing to ST and SH for 20-30 years and realise we watch mostly NHK world tv and taiwanese channels like TVBS Asia and CTI and some other international news channels. Not much into movies or dramas. Main interests are news, travel, food programmes especially around China, taiwan, japan regions. Have tried to read up on android box for most of today. As far as NHK world is concerned, it has an app on google play store does it mean getting an android box i can watch it on TV now?

Question is, should i get a box without preloaded apps like a Mi box S and install my own apps since my needs are quite basic (i guess for now) or should I get those preloaded ones like Ubox and Evpad which will probably open a brand new world for a suaku like me about the vast array of free contents out there?

With a box without preloaded apps I actually also have no clue what apps are out there and where to find them.

lordofthering

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friend paid $100 to someone to install an app for him.

That app can watch a lot of china program. Did he tio conned? He was using paid cloudtv which is like $100 per year also

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Total noob here. Been subscribing to ST and SH for 20-30 years and realise we watch mostly NHK world tv and taiwanese channels like TVBS Asia and CTI and some other international news channels. Not much into movies or dramas. Main interests are news, travel, food programmes especially around China, taiwan, japan regions. Have tried to read up on android box for most of today. As far as NHK world is concerned, it has an app on google play store does it mean getting an android box i can watch it on TV now?

[ yes ]

Question is, should i get a box without preloaded apps like a Mi box S and install my own apps since my needs are quite basic (i guess for now) or should I get those preloaded ones like Ubox and Evpad which will probably open a brand new world for a suaku like me about the vast array of free contents out there?

[ cheaper and better to get mibox s ]

With a box without preloaded apps I actually also have no clue what apps are out there and where to find them.

don't have to find, just go and visit facebook group - tv box (apps) - most of the good apps are there waiting for you.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friend paid $100 to someone to install an app for him.

That app can watch a lot of china program. Did he tio conned? He was using paid cloudtv which is like $100 per year also

plenty of free apps can show china program. most likely the apps installed is one of the free apps.

cloudtv at $100 per year is ok because it is harder to get live tv FOC.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.