Android TV Box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious about casting to Chromecast. Is there a distance range just like Bluetooth ? I tried casting at my MIL's house old 3 room HDB with long kitchen. The TV is beside the main door and cast from the kitchen entrance. It cast awhile, after that some distortion come in and then with pic no sound.. Lol

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

If you are really using Chromecast compatible apps then it is not related to distance once it starts casting. After all you can shut down your mobile phone and the casting will still work.

So in your case it is the source which has problems if you are really using Chromecast.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because i wanna watch this. https://new-movies123.link/series/the-walking-dead-season-10/MY23FsNj/cGt9gWFY/YO3frNS6-watch-online-for-free.html

I think only can stream from website ba.. i dunno any app for it..

there is nothing special about this site. the movies/dramas on this site can be found on 101 android apps.

btw, this site supports chromecast, you can run the video on notebook/hp then chromecast the video to mibox or any android TV.

if you don't have mibox, just install happycast on any android boxes, then you can dlna-cast from phone. to see the video from this site, install quickcast on phone then type the url into quickcast.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious about casting to Chromecast. Is there a distance range just like Bluetooth ? I tried casting at my MIL's house old 3 room HDB with long kitchen. The TV is beside the main door and cast from the kitchen entrance. It cast awhile, after that some distortion come in and then with pic no sound.. Lol

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

what did you cast?
how did you cast?
what apps are involved?

sp0rky

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a Sony android TV. What are the kind of apps that I can download that matches with the android apps that android boxes have?

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is nothing special about this site. the movies/dramas on this site can be found on 101 android apps.

btw, this site supports chromecast, you can run the video on notebook/hp then chromecast the video to mibox or any android TV.

if you don't have mibox, just install happycast on any android boxes, then you can dlna-cast from phone. to see the video from this site, install quickcast on phone then type the url into quickcast.

What 101 apps?

Btw, cant solve for me to just watch using android box alone? Troublesome to have to use phone to cast onto box

Posted from PCWX using
3bLuGyy

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What 101 apps?

Btw, cant solve for me to just watch using android box alone? Troublesome to have to use phone to cast onto box

Posted from PCWX using
3bLuGyy

don't understand the meaning of 101?

install proper movies app on android box then you can watch on android box directly.

btw, it is not troublesome to cast.

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't understand the meaning of 101?

install proper movies app on android box then you can watch on android box directly.

btw, it is not troublesome to cast.

I no lobang for free and good apps leh.. can recommend me some?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amlogic S905X4 vs S905X3

https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/12/28/amlogic-s905x3-vs-s905x4-features-comparisons/
from a user perspective, the only real difference will be support for 4K AV1 hardware video decoding that boosts efficiency by 20% compared to H.265/HEVC, and saves 30% bandwidth compared to H.265/VP9.

AV1 is not a popular codec at the moment, only some youtube videos use it.

so effectively, no noticeable differences in performance for singapore users.

everex

Reaction score
AV1 is not a popular codec at the moment, only some youtube videos use it.

so effectively, no noticeable differences in performance for singapore users.

Thanks for this feedback, almost bought one until I read this. I still have my S905X3 serving me well, so I’ll stick with it for now. 👍

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.