Android TV Box

rerear

Reaction score
How to run QQ music on Mibox 4s? Can't seem to find the app for TV. Also is there a good Transocks alternative for TV? Phone version can't work.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to run QQ music on Mibox 4s? Can't seem to find the app for TV. Also is there a good Transocks alternative for TV? Phone version can't work.

You can download QQ Music TV version from Dangbei or Shafa. Then you can sideload it. The mobile version VIP works for the TV version as well.

As for China VPN TV version, you have to pay to have good user experiences. You can either pay for Transocks or AJS TV version.

rerear

Reaction score
Thanks, does Surfshark work? AJS needs China credit card to subscribe?

Also any idea how come the playlists in my account that I setup using Phone, doesn't show up in Android TV box or Windows QQ?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, does Surfshark work? AJS needs China credit card to subscribe?

Also any idea how come the playlists in my account that I setup using Phone, doesn't show up in Android TV box or Windows QQ?

None of the traditional VPN apps will work, including Surfshark. Only a few VPNs approved by the Chinese authority will work, like Transock, SpeedIn, SpeedCN, AJS and Malus.

You can pay most of them through iOS in-app purchase if you do not have access to WeChat Pay or Alipay.

As for QQ Music, usually I use it on my mobile phone. I seldom use on the TV box (interface not as good). I also do not use Windows or Mac for entertainment. And yes I remember the play list does not sync.

Nanonited

Master Member
Reaction score
Read through but cant decide still. Is it better to buy chromecast 2020 vs Mibox S or Dynalink if i mainly want to watch Disney plus?

I also watch some china movie apps occasionally so not sure which would be better for it?

Any recommendations for good movie apps actually?

kenvup

Reaction score
I also looking and just decided on Chromecast with Google TV.

The Dynalink was interesting until i read the reviews complain HDR is always on even for non-HDR content, so those looks wash out as result.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For long term use with possible 4K would the mi box 4K is better ? Or should I be looking for something better ?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For long term use with possible 4K would the mi box 4K is better ? Or should I be looking for something better ?

Chromecast 2020 is better for 4k contents viewing than Mi Box S, as it has a faster CPU and it supports Dolby Vision and Atmos.

In fact Mi Box S GUI interface runs very smooth for 1080p, just okay for 4k 30fps but not that good for 4k 60fps, because of the lower end CPU.

If you want the best user experiences, go with Nvidia Shield TV.

kenvup

Reaction score
a seller of those fully preloaded box, claims free apk cannot watch Live variety singing competition channels from China - true/false?

i hope i didn't made wrong choice ordering Chromecast Google TV.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nv shield price is too high. So chrome 2020 is a better device and interface ? I have just seen some reviews of it so far so good

Chromecast 2020 is better for 4k contents viewing than Mi Box S, as it has a faster CPU and it supports Dolby Vision and Atmos.

In fact Mi Box S GUI interface runs very smooth for 1080p, just okay for 4k 30fps but not that good for 4k 60fps, because of the lower end CPU.

If you want the best user experiences, go with Nvidia Shield TV.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also looking and just decided on Chromecast with Google TV.

The Dynalink was interesting until i read the reviews complain HDR is always on even for non-HDR content, so those looks wash out as result.

where did you read about the hdr issue?

a seller of those fully preloaded box, claims free apk cannot watch Live variety singing competition channels from China - true/false?

false.

there are many free and stable apps showing live channels from china.

kenvup

Reaction score
it was on its Walmart page, reading Dynalink's 1 star reviews and saw claims that there is no HDR content auto-detection, that everything default to HDR on.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So most of u guys would recommend chrome over mi box ?

I have Mi Box S and it is excellent for my use case (1080p only, using cheap computer monitor and speaker).

But I will recommend Chromecast 2020 over Mi Box S, because of faster CPU, smooth 4k UI, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support.

Based on the Chromecast 2020 thread, somehow SingTel Cast stopped to work on Chromecast 2020 directly (you can still cast from mobile). This is a strange problem though.

Personally I do not recommend Mi TV Stick even for 1080p because of 1GB RAM. And I do not recommend Dynalink box because it is relatively unknown.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok understand wish me luck coz i placed order last night for a chromecast.

I have Mi Box S and it is excellent for my use case (1080p only, using cheap computer monitor and speaker).

But I will recommend Chromecast 2020 over Mi Box S, because of faster CPU, smooth 4k UI, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support.

Based on the Chromecast 2020 thread, somehow SingTel Cast stopped to work on Chromecast 2020 directly (you can still cast from mobile). This is a strange problem though.

Personally I do not recommend Mi TV Stick even for 1080p because of 1GB RAM. And I do not recommend Dynalink box because it is relatively unknown.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you are chromecast 2020 as a netflix certified device right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.