Android TV Box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hope its for dis plus too

Yes it is. By right the official Android TV OS devices certified by Google should be able to run Disney Plus. Same for Amazon Prime Video.

Netflix is different and requires extra steps. So only bigger players like Google, Nvidia, Xiaomi can get Netflix certification, not small fish like Mecool and Minix.

"What devices and platforms are supported by Disney+? | Disney+" https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=eac89167db3048900a2af56e0f96193b

The Disney+ Android App is supported on Android TV-enabled Smart TVs, including Sharp AQUOS, and Sony Bravia.

The Disney+ Android App is also supported on set-top boxes which use Android TV, including NVIDIA SHIELD TV and Mi Box.

Note: To enjoy the highest quality Disney+ experience, all components, including HDMI cables, should support high-bandwidth digital content. For 4K Ultra HD and HDR content, external displays should support HDCP 2.2.

Last edited:

lunloon

Reaction score
Yes it is. By right the official Android TV OS devices certified by Google should be able to run Disney Plus. Same for Amazon Prime Video.

Netflix is different and requires extra steps. So only bigger players like Google, Nvidia, Xiaomi can get Netflix certification, not small fish like Mecool and Minix.

"What devices and platforms are supported by Disney+? | Disney+" https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=eac89167db3048900a2af56e0f96193b

The Disney+ Android App is supported on Android TV-enabled Smart TVs, including Sharp AQUOS, and Sony Bravia.

The Disney+ Android App is also supported on set-top boxes which use Android TV, including NVIDIA SHIELD TV and Mi Box.

Note: To enjoy the highest quality Disney+ experience, all components, including HDMI cables, should support high-bandwidth digital content. For 4K Ultra HD and HDR content, external displays should support HDCP 2.2.

Can you install VPN on e.g. Mi Box? for US Netflix?

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ninja bot said item delivered.. cant wait to go home to try out chome cast 2020:s12:

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ninja bot said item delivered.. cant wait to go home to try out chome cast 2020:s12:

i spent about 40min to set up yesterday coz i got no android phone, had to press all on the controller:eek:.

so far most of it is good.
but just that the play store is not the 100% the same,
then now i cant dl the mewatch app for my mom to watch local tv.
teach her how to cast to tv.
anyone got better ways?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i spent about 40min to set up yesterday coz i got no android phone, had to press all on the controller:eek:.

so far most of it is good.
but just that the play store is not the 100% the same,
then now i cant dl the mewatch app for my mom to watch local tv.
teach her how to cast to tv.
anyone got better ways?

why 40 min? thought just enter wifi password and key in your google account and password?

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why 40 min? thought just enter wifi password and key in your google account and password?

coz i had to key in all the password for Netflix and dis plus + youtube + play store and config here and there.
:s22:
plus the chromecast also need to update took about 10min or so.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
coz i had to key in all the password for Netflix and dis plus + youtube + play store and config here and there.
:s22:
plus the chromecast also need to update took about 10min or so.

your passwords must be very long :)

there is an app call "android tv" for both ios and android phone. it serves as remote control for your box, the best feature for this app is the keyboard function. if you need to enter more than 5 characters, it is easier to use this app to enter text.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your passwords must be very long :)

there is an app call "android tv" for both ios and android phone. it serves as remote control for your box, the best feature for this app is the keyboard function. if you need to enter more than 5 characters, it is easier to use this app to enter text.

yes bloody hell my pw at least 15 words+numbers.. very sian but safe lol.
isit? wth i did not know the android tv app..

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and also which side loader to good to use? coz i want install some apk and apps

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and also which side loader to good to use? coz i want install some apk and apps

join my fb groups: tv box sg..... tv box (apps).....

read the post "how to set up mibox s", for instructions and tips.

in terms of setup and configurations, mibox s and chromecast with google tv are the same.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
join my fb groups: tv box sg..... tv box (apps).....

read the post "how to set up mibox s", for instructions and tips.

in terms of setup and configurations, mibox s and chromecast with google tv are the same.

ok boss just press join:D

Earthling

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know can install Starhub TV+ on android tv boxes like xiaomi mi box S? or must rent from them at $5per mth?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know can install Starhub TV+ on android tv boxes like xiaomi mi box S? or must rent from them at $5per mth?

Two options.
1) cast from mobile to Mi Box S
2) buy the lousy and laggy Starhub TV+ box if you do not want to go option 1

Earthling

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Two options.
1) cast from mobile to Mi Box S
2) buy the lousy and laggy Starhub TV+ box if you do not want to go option 1

the mibox is for my elderly parents, idk if they find it troublesome to press here and there to watch tv.

seems i have to pay for option 2? is starhub's box really that bad?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.