Any good renovation contractors to intro

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
😔... usually get 4 quote to compare for me I no need ID at all. Once I mention immediately the company no reply. Confirm chop carrot if include ID. Ask more for other opinion and look around friend or neighbors HDB flat for their design.
My resale flat older and my goal is to max the layout space so thought get an ID to help and I lazy to do the reno supervision on my own. :s13:

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
My resale flat older and my goal is to max the layout space so thought get an ID to help and I lazy to do the reno supervision on my own. :s13:
you still need to do surprise check de...and you need the schedule and the scope of work carry out

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you still need to do surprise check de...and you need the schedule and the scope of work carry out
That I know. Just not the overall coordination etc.

experty2010

Reaction score
Me just just get a rough quote almost 18k . Yet to include furniture and electric appliance ( only few items).
The most is around 23k.
Hi mryang, would you mind share your potential contractor list, I'm surveying a contractor for minor touch up with existing resale condition.

Bweebweee

Reaction score
Anyone got id recommendations for around 30k Reno budget? I go see a few but they like not interested coz project too small

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi mryang, would you mind share your potential contractor list, I'm surveying a contractor for minor touch up with existing resale condition.
Let you know by next sat once I settle with mine renov next sat

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
$16k for how many room flat?
3rm HDB. Another contractor quote me 15k hor excluded air con. The other quote me 14k excluded electrical work and air con..might add up to around $18k.

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing my experience here.

Signed HDB agreement early April, agreed to give seller 3 month extension.

Had a contractor introduced to me by my landlord (currently staying in a rental master bedroom).

Brought this contractor for viewing and some measurements, but took 2 weeks to give quote based on what we wanted, and kept missing dates of when he would provide quote. Since we saw that the timing was coming close, I went on Hometrust and Qanvast to search for top 5 IDs and went to have meetings with 3 of them.

After comparisons and multiple meetings to align the scope of the works and bringing down the costs, we brought the final quote from about 38k down to 33k. During this process I created an excel sheet to compare the costs for the individual items, and eventually the cost difference amongst the 3 IDs came down to about $500. My wife and I went for the ID we had the best chemistry with.

Renovation started last Monday, and so far so good. The ID provided a project schedule and follow-up with photos and videos everyday about the progress.

Will update further.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.