Anyone regret getting iPhone X?

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
112,649
Reaction score
4,415
LG V30?

lg-v30-aurora%20black-450x350.png
think the next iteration from LG should be the ultimate form of bezel-less phone liao. with the removal of that chin.

the race to bezel-less phone began when Apple were rumored to do one. guess everyone fell off their chair after rumors that Apple's doing it with bunny ears. :s13:
 

shager

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,174
Reaction score
695
LOL

Samsung says hi to your inferior OLED panels

They made it didn't they?

Anyway my iPhone X panel is great. No yellowish or bluish tint. Extremely slight only when viewed at a ridiculous angle.

You sure the yellowish isn't true tone that you're not used to? Tiurn it off or should be much cooler.
 

shager

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,174
Reaction score
695
No lah. S8 screen has curved sides.

Yes I hate curved screens.....which is why I sold off all my Samsungs. I think they're great phones but those curves interfered with my edge typing. Glad apple didn't adopt them.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
think normal users will tend to choose the more bright more saturated display. liked going to departmental store buying TV, consumers will likely choose the one with max brightness and saturation.

Apple's LCD is always muted or neutral. which i appreciate.

I do photography. So I will more accurate Display. Not over saturated displays
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
TouchID fail rate is quite high for me. Must make sure thumb is totally dry and home button is totally clean. After the oleophobic layer wore out I must keep the home button clean or it will just have multiple failures until must press passcode.

FaceID failure rate so far much less than TouchID for me. Usually fails if it’s lying on the table, but every time I pick up the phone to use it properly it has no issue at all. Apps that are locked also unlock much faster and I don’t have to think about it unlike TouchID.

Do not miss the home button at all cause swiping feels much smoother.

Maybe I unlock my phone way too often. Previously when using iphone 7 plus,I had tempered glass on. However it creates a raised edge when scanning. So much so that my finger print got thinned off and doesn't really read very well when using the automated clearance at ICA.

Always have to use my left thumb print for that. Hope this will allow my right thumb print to grow back to normal 😂
 

disastrous

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
2,448
Reaction score
692
After adjusting the hue in the settings, my X white is much whiter and black is much blacker than my S8
 

jordanlah

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
506
Reaction score
0
For those having some problems with Face ID - try turning off "Require Attention for Face ID". I encountered this when I put my phone into the car holder, and had a few times FaceID failed... then realize when I'm driving my eyes are actually on the road a lot so the phone will not unlock. If you have problem with certain pair of specs or shades, you can also try turning off this settings too.

(Of course you can say with this setting off someone can bring your phone to your face to unlock when you are sleeping.... the same can be said lah even with TouchID... sleep with gloves and ski masks best :s13: )

The auto show of notifications preview will still work with this setting - only when it detects your face, so no one else can see the notifications.

Hope this helps.
 

siron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2000
Messages
10,542
Reaction score
2
I realised that the charging for iPhone X is really slow. I was charging it at 85% and 20 mins later I came back it's still 85%!!!

Weird ...
 

Thesail61

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
I have the iPhoneX for 2 days. Getting used to it. The FaceID is fast in unlocking the phone. Takes a while in get use without the touch ID. I like the speed in launching the web pages. Much faster than my 7plus. Actually the screen size is slightly narrower but longer than 7plus. Hence easier to hold. Overall no regrets.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
I realised that the charging for iPhone X is really slow. I was charging it at 85% and 20 mins later I came back it's still 85%!!!

Weird ...

The phone has stopped charging as it is too hot.

Happens when you just restored the phone
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
I have the iPhoneX for 2 days. Getting used to it. The FaceID is fast in unlocking the phone. Takes a while in get use without the touch ID. I like the speed in launching the web pages. Much faster than my 7plus. Actually the screen size is slightly narrower but longer than 7plus. Hence easier to hold. Overall no regrets.

If you store your password in Safari, you will realised that face id is used to authenticate before they autofill the password.

Good security upgrade
 

siron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2000
Messages
10,542
Reaction score
2
One thing I super like about this phone is Face ID. So fast!!!

No need for Touch ID!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top