ANZ Optimum World Mastercard

koja6049

Master Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2015
Messages
4,717
Reaction score
1
You know which card is equivalent to optimum card, I dun see any...

they would simply scale down the rewards to be in line with the other dbs cards.

E.g., impose a minimum spend amount of $700, and cap it to $70, and it becomes a live fresh card, but without the dbs points
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
they would simply scale down the rewards to be in line with the other dbs cards.

E.g., impose a minimum spend amount of $700, and cap it to $70, and it becomes a live fresh card, but without the dbs points

Prefer it to merge with posb everyday, no min spending and get 5% for certain categorical spending
 

redchallenge

Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
1,075
Reaction score
0
i know its still early days but time to target a few new cards already. such a waste because optimum fits my bulk monthly expenditure perfectly (F&B and movies)
 

more3cm

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
39
Up to $100 Cash Back: 21 Apr to 31 May 2017

Just received SMS

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/getcash/

Get $10 Cash Back with every accumulated $200 spend on your ANZ Credit Card. Up to a maximum of $100 Cash Back for the period of 21 Apr to 31 May 2017.

Pay bills, AXS, Transitlink all not counted
 

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
Just received SMS

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/getcash/

Get $10 Cash Back with every accumulated $200 spend on your ANZ Credit Card. Up to a maximum of $100 Cash Back for the period of 21 Apr to 31 May 2017.

Pay bills, AXS, Transitlink all not counted

looks like a good deal to spend maximum 2k in this month. Anyway just wondering if its limited to the first 2000 card members registered or first 2000 to spend? I just registered and received the sms back, meaning i'm one of the first 2k member to register and eligible to spend anytime during the period ah?
 

more3cm

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
39

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
Hello guys,

I have a question. On this ANZ Optimum card I had taken a fund transfer promo of 0% for 6 months. Now in the 1st month bill, I have just received. I am assuming that the minimum payment mentioned takes into account the minimum payment for the loan+ minimum payment for the retail transactions.

So to be on safe side, I am taking the whole minimum payment +all retail transactions in the month in full and paying it before the due date. If I do this for next 6 months and after that pay off the loan in full, I should avoid interest charges, is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
looks like a good deal to spend maximum 2k in this month. Anyway just wondering if its limited to the first 2000 card members registered or first 2000 to spend? I just registered and received the sms back, meaning i'm one of the first 2k member to register and eligible to spend anytime during the period ah?

You need to be within the 1st 2000 people to send SMS + spend $200 on it to be eligible. Once you are eligible, you can take your own time to spend as much as you want upto the limit of $2000 and date 31st may.
 

sgdividends

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
2,431
Reaction score
27
Hello guys,

I have a question. On this ANZ Optimum card I had taken a fund transfer promo of 0% for 6 months. Now in the 1st month bill, I have just received. I am assuming that the minimum payment mentioned takes into account the minimum payment for the loan+ minimum payment for the retail transactions.

So to be on safe side, I am taking the whole minimum payment +all retail transactions in the month in full and paying it before the due date. If I do this for next 6 months and after that pay off the loan in full, I should avoid interest charges, is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance!
Yes correct
 

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
You need to be within the 1st 2000 people to send SMS + spend $200 on it to be eligible. Once you are eligible, you can take your own time to spend as much as you want upto the limit of $2000 and date 31st may.

Nice. Thanks for the answer. So once I got the SMS I can take my own sweet time to spend right? Just nice I'm looking to make a purchase of $2k next week. That's the answer I'm looking for. Because while reading terms and conditions, some parts say be the 1st 2000 to spend, while other part say be the 1st 2000 to register.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Nice. Thanks for the answer. So once I got the SMS I can take my own sweet time to spend right? Just nice I'm looking to make a purchase of $2k. That's the answer I'm looking for. Because while reading terms and conditions, some parts say be the 1st 2000 to spend, while other part say be the 1st 2000 to register.

I interpret as must be first 2000 to spend min $200, other than being first 2000 to register. So clock the $200 before take own sweet time for the rest.
 

fuyuchi

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2014
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Hi, does anyone knows if watsons and guardians are considered as shopping or groceries?
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,289
Be first 2000 to register to get the $10/$200 cash back. There's no minimum spend but a maximum cash back ($100)
 

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
it is like asking your 4D number will tio 1st prize or not.

never try never know =)

Do you guys think the first 2000 slots is still opened? Lol

no way we can check that? or CSO will know? got the message last week, registered and spend 200 bucks 2 days later. Got an email on Tuesday mentioning something about i'm registered and ask me to start spending now. I wonder if this is the cue that i'm in? anybody else got the email?
 

number11

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
1,556
Reaction score
0
fyi, airbnb is NOT under travel, i only got 1% when i chose that category. So it should be under Dining and Leisure. It incurs 2.5% cross border fee too
 

wcw1350

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2008
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
I've a missing of $20 from Jan festive cashback too. Did ANZ credit back any discrepancy after you guys call to clarify?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top