ANZ Optimum World Mastercard

ska13a

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
Similar issue, they are untrue in their response right from start and anyhow give answer just to close case
 

efreelancer

Senior Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
1,974
Reaction score
20
Oh mine was much later... I only knew about it on 25 April when I received the email. If the promotion is already fully redeemed why did they send the email out on 25th?:s11:

I think the promo is not done in good faith, since by the 2nd day alr fully redeemed. Normally in sales/marketing, the staff will monitor the sales daily/weekly/monthly. So they prob alr know is fully redeemed. Yet they keep sending out sms and email. Its very deceptive. But they came out with excuses that they only validate 2-3 months later.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I think the promo is not done in good faith, since by the 2nd day alr fully redeemed. Normally in sales/marketing, the staff will monitor the sales daily/weekly/monthly. So they prob alr know is fully redeemed. Yet they keep sending out sms and email. Its very deceptive. But they came out with excuses that they only validate 2-3 months later.

For credit card promotion of this nature don't think they monitor
 

vince123123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
2
which is why dont ever join those type of first XXX to qualify type promos unless you got nothing else better to spend on.
 

foozgarden

Master Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
1
i realise i got $72 optimum left base on july statement.
how to redeem sia?
coz this amount cannot offset the current statement right? only for august statement, but obivously, anz will not be around anymore
 

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,624
Reaction score
899
i realise i got $72 optimum left base on july statement.
how to redeem sia?
coz this amount cannot offset the current statement right? only for august statement, but obivously, anz will not be around anymore

Wait for it to become 72 daily$ under posb then redeem it
 

fuyuchi

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2014
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Just received the POSB Everyday Mastercard the other day. The thing is, I already have an existing card. Must I call them up to cancel even if I do not activate it? I assume they'll be porting the Optimum$ over to this card instead of my current existing card right?
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,735
Reaction score
1,327
Just received the POSB Everyday Mastercard the other day. The thing is, I already have an existing card. Must I call them up to cancel even if I do not activate it? I assume they'll be porting the Optimum$ over to this card instead of my current existing card right?

same here...
i also got mine last week, the hotline officer told me it's normal to receive another card... and can only activate the replacement card after 3rd Aug when we receive the sms from POSB

it's better, coz i can now just buy any 3 items and claim the $20 for my principal card and sub card... aiya should have applied more ANZ sub-cards that time!
 

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2001
Messages
20,758
Reaction score
0
for posb everyday card $20 rebate for 3 transactions, any excluded transactions?
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
What do you do if ANZ doesn't give 5% cashback

I had selected the bonus rewards category at the end of June as soon as I received the reminder message from ANZ. However when the most recent statement got generated, they have not calculated the 5% Optimum$ and instead given only 1% Optimum$.

What do you do in this situation? Anyone with a similar experience? Thank you very much! I am guessing time is of the essence here given the August 4 looming deadline.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I had selected the bonus rewards category at the end of June as soon as I received the reminder message from ANZ. However when the most recent statement got generated, they have not calculated the 5% Optimum$ and instead given only 1% Optimum$.

What do you do in this situation? Anyone with a similar experience? Thank you very much! I am guessing time is of the essence here given the August 4 looming deadline.

What category you chosen, on which date? What you spent on, on which date? When is your statement?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Chose travel on 25 June 2017. Spent on airline on 23 July 2017. Statement was generated on 26 July 2017.

Have you maxed out the 30 optimum$ ($600 spend) per transaction? If not, you will have to call to dispute.
 

unity58

Master Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
4,980
Reaction score
2
I can't use my anz card sing 5 aug. And I did not receive any new card from dbs. What should I do now? Need to check some transaction record but I can't view it online from dbs or anz website. Any help?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I can't use my anz card sing 5 aug. And I did not receive any new card from dbs. What should I do now? Need to check some transaction record but I can't view it online from dbs or anz website. Any help?

Which ANZ card? You already have the corresponding DBS/POSB card? Eg if you have ANZ optimum card and you already have POSB everyday card, you will not receive a new card. An account should have been created in DBS ibanking to reflect the balance from the ANZ card. No details of past transactions though. DBS has been asking us to save a copy of the past ANZ transaction records, not sure if they can provide the detailed transaction records.
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
Credible alternative to ANZ Optimum?

Hi,

To holders of the erstwhile ANZ Optimum card who used it for the travel bonus category - specifically airline tickets:

What is the alternative card now which gives a *cashback* reward even in the ballpark of 5%? I am not interested in miles.

I looked at CIMB Platinum MC but it has a cap of S$60 cashback a month - that is simply too little.

Thank you for your suggestions and advice!
 

koja6049

Master Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2015
Messages
4,717
Reaction score
1
Hi,

To holders of the erstwhile ANZ Optimum card who used it for the travel bonus category - specifically airline tickets:

What is the alternative card now which gives a *cashback* reward even in the ballpark of 5%? I am not interested in miles.

I looked at CIMB Platinum MC but it has a cap of S$60 cashback a month - that is simply too little.

Thank you for your suggestions and advice!

for a large sum you may try live fresh, 5% capped at $70, and offer a sizable dbs points which may convert to ~ 0.8 to 1% worth of vouchers
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top