ANZ Optimum World Mastercard

hygge island

Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2015
Messages
222
Reaction score
4
ANZ Optimum has been my main card for past 2 years because my bulk spending is on hotel accommodation due to regular biz trips. Apparently, POSB everyday card is suppose to takeover Optimum card as define by DBS. While the dining deal still looks interesting, hotel transactions are now only 0.3% rebate.
Any suggestion which card I should look further to try to replace ANZ Optimum?
Thanks in advance.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
ANZ Optimum has been my main card for past 2 years because my bulk spending is on hotel accommodation due to regular biz trips. Apparently, POSB everyday card is suppose to takeover Optimum card as define by DBS. While the dining deal still looks interesting, hotel transactions are now only 0.3% rebate.
Any suggestion which card I should look further to try to replace ANZ Optimum?
Thanks in advance.

how's your monthly credit card spending pattern like?
 

hygge island

Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2015
Messages
222
Reaction score
4
800-1200 monthly on hotel accommodation. 600 restaurant. Groceries, petrol, utlilities, I use citi smrt/posb everyday.

PS: prefers rebate, no use for miles.
 
Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
800-1200 monthly on hotel accommodation. 600 restaurant. Groceries, petrol, utlilities, I use citi smrt/posb everyday.

PS: prefers rebate, no use for miles.

if you are looking to Maximize the cashback for each type, you can consider:
- Petrol:
Citi Cash Back Card or HSBC for SHELL & ESSO
SCB Manhattan for CALTEX
If you are frequently visiting SPC, then stick to POSB

- Restaurants:
POSB is good.
you can also consider Citi Cash Back Card
personally, I keep Amex Platinum for 1-for-1 offers @ selected restaurants

- Grocery:
Citi Cashback, UOB Delight, Maybank Family and Friends
You may also want to filter the cards further based on which particular supermarket you visit most often (NTUC, Sheng Siong, Giant, Cold Storage)

but if you don't like the idea to keep track of your spending on different cards, and just want a All-in-One card which still gives you decent cashback, then you can consider:
- UOB ONE, OCBC 365, Citi Cash Back, Amex True Cashback

For travelling, if you like the idea to have complimentary airport lounge access every time you travel, you can consider Maybank Horizon...
 

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
27,271
Reaction score
0
time to cancel the card soon liao...wld prefer to apply dbs directly and get their promotion for new sign ups
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
time to cancel the card soon liao...wld prefer to apply dbs directly and get their promotion for new sign ups

I agree. However, DBS have a promotion that if you activate the new everyday card and make 3 transactions you will get $20 cashback. Also I have 5 optimum$ remaining. So if I cancel now I will lose $25. So I guess I will keep this card.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
Super sian. This card is so much better than the posb everyday card. I have that card since 2 years back and hardly touch it. Maybe once a year. Need to hit 500 on UOB one, then this posb need to hit 600 monthly. The optimum card dont even need to hit the monthly requirement. Guess i gona utilise the balance points and cancel the card everyday card
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I agree. However, DBS have a promotion that if you activate the new everyday card and make 3 transactions you will get $20 cashback. Also I have 5 optimum$ remaining. So if I cancel now I will lose $25. So I guess I will keep this card.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

But you missing out on the $70/$100 everyday card sign up rebate for spending min $500 in first month
 

galapogos

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2000
Messages
30,098
Reaction score
42
I was extremely lucky to have exactly $50 Optimum$, after which I stopped spending, and then successfully redeemed it to offset my account balance. Not going to use it anymore.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I was extremely lucky to have exactly $50 Optimum$, after which I stopped spending, and then successfully redeemed it to offset my account balance. Not going to use it anymore.

Dun see any issue even if transferred to POSB daily$
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
But you missing out on the $70/$100 everyday card sign up rebate for spending min $500 in first month
I applied for the Posb Everyday card last month, but it got rejected. Not sure why. May be because I had cancelled their cards twice already or maybe because they know that I have ANZ card and I have taken 0% interest loan on the card and the credit limit is already 95% full. So they don't want to give me DBS card.

If I cancel also I am not sure if my DBS card application will be approved.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
27,271
Reaction score
0
I applied for the Posb Everyday card last month, but it got rejected. Not sure why. May be because I had cancelled their cards twice already or maybe because they know that I have ANZ card and I have taken 0% interest loan on the card and the credit limit is already 95% full. So they don't want to give me DBS card.

If I cancel also I am not sure if my DBS card application will be approved.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Oh that sucks then... i manage to apply for a dbs card n got it approved le.. so will cancel my optimum once i receive the card
 

chongpang

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
79
I used Optimum cc for 5% dining, when it change to Everyday cc, i cant claim 9% dining coz unable to clock minimum $600, which cc are you ppl switching to? :s11:
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
I used Optimum cc for 5% dining, when it change to Everyday cc, i cant claim 9% dining coz unable to clock minimum $600, which cc are you ppl switching to? :s11:
The 9% rebate is only during promotion period, unlike optimum which was forever.

I was also using optimum mainly for dining.

I guess, dining will have to b treated as a general spend in the future and use it for cards that don't care where you spend as long as you hit a minimum every month, UOB one card for example.

If you can't hit min 500 then no choice, just use SCB unlimited card 1.5% rebate for all spend, with no minimum spend and no limit on rebate.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top