Appealling for infraction points to be removed.

  • Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) or call ScamShield Helpline 1799. More info

chuanz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
16
Hi Moderator of this forum,

I was infracted for a total of 12 points (3 points each) and banned for a at least 5 days I think.

Care to offer an explanation?

I did not encouraged any intrusion of privacy. I merely compiled information freely available on the web for discussion. I believe none of my posts was aggressive.

I upped your posts and was given 1 warning & 2 infractions. Mod reviewed but refused to withdraw warning/infraction. Another infraction for suggesting outing to his block. All are for intrusion/breach of privacy. :s13:

I, for one, do not agree on the infractions/warnings given for posting publicly available information. I mean, it's in the blardee open in the first place.

It's not like somebody with privy information, e.g. colleague/friend, that posted some content which would not be otherwise discovered by another person through publicly available means.
 

ProWelfare

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2012
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
0
I, for one, do not agree on the infractions/warnings given for posting publicly available information. I mean, it's in the blardee open in the first place.

It's not like somebody with privy information, e.g. colleague/friend, that posted some content which would not be otherwise discovered by another person through publicly available means.

Precisely! If its publicly available information, it shouldnt be intrusion of privacy. Its not like I reveal his house address to everyone. His address is public information from google search leh.
 

shokbakgoc

Master Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
4,730
Reaction score
0
Precisely! If its publicly available information, it shouldnt be intrusion of privacy. Its not like I reveal his house address to everyone. His address is public information from google search leh.

If I'm didn't see wrongly, he's a business man who put his photo & contact information (home address as office address) on his business website for the whole world to see. What kind of privacy does he have? And what kind of privacy did we breach/intrude?

Bro ProWelfare, I would have scolded you instead of upping your posts if his information is not dug up from the Internet but from some private sources. :s13:
 

ZETMAN

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
49,021
Reaction score
2,499
I tio warning for this statement

Inappropriate Language / Insulted Other (s)
i think u have better luck saying that he suffered from head injury when his mom dropped him on the floor as an infant

If i know i will kena insult others, I will curse his whole family instead. more wu hua:s13:
 

ProWelfare

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2012
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
0
If I'm didn't see wrongly, he's a business man who put his photo & contact information (home address as office address) on his business website for the whole world to see. What kind of privacy does he have? And what kind of privacy did we breach/intrude?

Bro ProWelfare, I would have scolded you instead of upping your posts if his information is not dug up from the Internet but from some private sources. :s13:

Ya lor. No worries Bro. I also dunno whats the purpose of infraction. LOL
 

ravener

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
12,304
Reaction score
0
I agree with all the above post.

First and foremost, Aamir was the first one who exposed the identity of another person claiming that he was the victim of a scammed incident - why wasn't he banned or infracted for intrusion of privacy?

Secondly, the tables were turned and there were evidence supporting that Aamir was actually the scammer in question, and he has no further reason to divulge the personal particulars of the now victim of the entire incident - why isn't there any action taken against him?

Thirdly, Aamir's contact and residential information are all clearly available on the World Wide Web, and since he was the one who provided the information himself, it should mean that he has disregard all needs for privacy for himself - so why are we getting infractions for simply posting information which are publicly available?

Lastly, I merely mentioned on my interest to test out a Note2 in the western location of Singapore, and in fear of getting scammed, tried to gather fellow forumers to accompany me to the seller's location - why was i infracted for that? There is no place in my post where I state that the location is the residential address of Aamir, how could the admin in question simply ASSUMED and issued an infraction?
 

ravener

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
12,304
Reaction score
0
I have been quite a long term Deluxe member of HardWareZone.

But due to this incident whereby an admin/moderator has shown bias on issuing infraction points, I will no longer renew my subscriptions once the current has expired.

I guess 1 less member wouldn't hurt your sales anyway.
 

XKiRaX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
15,780
Reaction score
32
deluxe member? LOL at whoever actually pays for this.

Stop paying.
 

A New Guy

Banned
Joined
Feb 28, 2012
Messages
6,663
Reaction score
1
Hi HWZ ADMIN

This thread will never die if you never address our concerns.

Thanks.

Why not settle it now?
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
Admins and Mods, with due respect, this is taking too long..

thats e point. reply will have less impact since everybody 'sian' liao. if i'm them i'll do e same. need time to prepare a reply and weigh the risks involved. find e best reply to tell everybody
 

Wolong.

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
41,364
Reaction score
0
Hello admin why i still infracted. I think quitting my deluxe membership
 

cheesepies

Banned
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
3,711
Reaction score
0
gDZEc3h.jpg
gDZEc3h.jpg
gDZEc3h.jpg
gDZEc3h.jpg
 

hwzadmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2005
Messages
29,099
Reaction score
57
Dear Member,

lipo99 is a habitual offender and has previously been infracted for various reasons. He was infracted in this case for:

- Threatening to call the TS' employers
- Accusing the TS of being molester on grounds that he is not trustworthy

The two infractions above triggered a ban for him.

what about my friend LIPO99??? He did not say anything bad but got banned

Dear Member,

Please feel free to report these posts or bring them to our attention and we will look into them. Your post

No sexpose where the ** TS stays, mobile number, workplace, family members? ****** must have a taste of his own medicine.
contained expletives and threatened the safety of the TS.

So admin, how about the rest? If you think my language is inappropriate, you can infract 25% of the posts in EDMW liao.

Dear Member,

Your post

Well, we can all visit Aamir at CCK blk 220 to look at his email account (and to try out his Note 2!)

Or we can even converse with him from his window like Rapunzel since he's on the second floor.
was booked for promoting an illegal gathering.

Moreover, every infraction given and enforced here should be similarly and consistently enforced in every thread.

These posts, among many others, have been brought to our attention by the relevant authorities.
 

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,096
Reaction score
18,839
These posts, among many others, have been brought to our attention by the relevant authorities.

Is the relevant authorities
- related to the scammer, or
- not related to the scammer?

Can we get an straightforward answer to either of the above, and not a third answer? If not related to the scammer, please state so for documentation and reference.
 

shokbakgoc

Master Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
4,730
Reaction score
0
Is the relevant authorities
- related to the scammer, or
- not related to the scammer?

Can we get an straightforward answer to either of the above, and not a third answer? If not related to the scammer, please state so for documentation and reference.

No need to waste your time to ask someone posting under HWZAdmin. SPH has replied to Stinkie that they have forwarded his email to HWZ editor which is Vijay to investigate. We will wait for Vijay to reply.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top