Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Is looking "pro" a factor for u guys? I think i am moving to that direction.

Given limited resource, which should i do first? Service my 9mths old mtb, buy a MET helmet to replace aleoca one, or change to cleat system? (Looks ugly with running shoes)

Where can i possibly test cleats before buying? Will significantly add more weights to my already heavy mtb?

Going ape on you in a sec...

A. Looking pro? WT bleep do I care about that? I'd ride naked if I could get away with it. So long as it's not a hindrance and helps me cycle it's good enough.

B. Always take care of your equipment first. Don't they teach you that in NS? Equipment first then you. Always.

C. Worried about a few grams? Just lose it around your tummy. Done. :s22:
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Can u all post your cycling shoes be it track shoes or cleat type

I recently switched from platforms to Shimano PD-T780 pedals. I only have cleats on my right foot because I don't feel confident enough to be clipped in on my left foot. I also don't think it's worth it given the stop and go nature of the riding I do. You have to make extra allowances for speed and distances when riding with cleats.

I have also found that you need good shoes because the cleat attachment can be a pressure point on the bottom of your shoe.
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
mostly on pcn and parks, sometimes roads.

I would definitely recommend clipless to everyone :p, cleat everywhere also available but i got my from CRC
 

Narukura

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
0
Is looking "pro" a factor for u guys? I think i am moving to that direction.

Given limited resource, which should i do first? Service my 9mths old mtb, buy a MET helmet to replace aleoca one, or change to cleat system? (Looks ugly with running shoes)

Where can i possibly test cleats before buying? Will significantly add more weights to my already heavy mtb?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
What the point of looking pro when a kid in a GT bmx overtake you?

Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,226
Reaction score
3,692
CwAeQBFl.jpg


Eh... I got this mounting bracket for my torch which is unstable and makes alot of sound. Got any better recommendations?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
6,606
Reaction score
4
Is looking "pro" a factor for u guys? I think i am moving to that direction.

Given limited resource, which should i do first? Service my 9mths old mtb, buy a MET helmet to replace aleoca one, or change to cleat system? (Looks ugly with running shoes)

Where can i possibly test cleats before buying? Will significantly add more weights to my already heavy mtb?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
Look pro but not fast also very embarrassing. Wear all the expensive and nice looking kit but being overtaken by a kid on a MTB really sucks. Lol.

Anyway to me looking pro not impt. The only part of my attire which I splurged on is my helmet cuz I feel its the only one where a better one makes a difference in terms of safety. My Jersey and shorts all cheap ones. Sometime even wear MTB pants to cycle on the roads cuz honestly I am not that fast to notice a difference.

As for changing to clipless pedals, I think it's good if you are cycling fast or long distances. If only for pcn I feel no need. I didn't change to clipless pedals to look pro.
Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 

Narukura

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
0
It's ok, i will act relax mode and let them overtake. U mean must always race with them meh?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
He answered it for me.
Look pro but not fast also very embarrassing. Wear all the expensive and nice looking kit but being overtaken by a kid on a MTB really sucks. Lol.

Anyway to me looking pro not impt. The only part of my attire which I splurged on is my helmet cuz I feel its the only one where a better one makes a difference in terms of safety. My Jersey and shorts all cheap ones. Sometime even wear MTB pants to cycle on the roads cuz honestly I am not that fast to notice a difference.

As for changing to clipless pedals, I think it's good if you are cycling fast or long distances. If only for pcn I feel no need. I didn't change to clipless pedals to look pro.
Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,880
Reaction score
3,148
Look pro but not fast also very embarrassing. Wear all the expensive and nice looking kit but being overtaken by a kid on a MTB really sucks. Lol.

Anyway to me looking pro not impt. The only part of my attire which I splurged on is my helmet cuz I feel its the only one where a better one makes a difference in terms of safety. My Jersey and shorts all cheap ones. Sometime even wear MTB pants to cycle on the roads cuz honestly I am not that fast to notice a difference.

As for changing to clipless pedals, I think it's good if you are cycling fast or long distances. If only for pcn I feel no need. I didn't change to clipless pedals to look pro.

Must cycle more.

Look pro only looks la.

Very malu to see some riders on road bike struggling like crazy and then kena overtaken by a brompton. :s22:
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,880
Reaction score
3,148
U also cannot expect a near 40yrs old must ride faster than a youngster right?

Age is not a factor in cycling.

There are 50 and 60 year old guys in our group who can cycle pretty fast.

Its just a matter of training and determination. And most importantly, to enjoy the process.
 

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2
if moi see blinking red light in front, moi consperm pruss chop will chase, but when reaching, dun wanna overtake..... hate it when people slow down for moi to over take.... this means moi have to continue sprinting away until they cannot see moi then faster jump into bush to hide and pant :s22:

So next time dunce slow down, moi wanna chase for fun nia. :s13::s13::s13:

places where le wild jaybee will appear: ubi, 10kkj ave10 & 12, pasir ris dr 12, loyang ave, coastal......
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,226
Reaction score
3,692
if moi see blinking red light in front, moi consperm pruss chop will chase, but when reaching, dun wanna overtake..... hate it when people slow down for moi to over take.... this means moi have to continue sprinting away until they cannot see moi then faster jump into bush to hide and pant :s22:

So next time dunce slow down, moi wanna chase for fun nia. :s13::s13::s13:

places where le wild jaybee will appear: ubi, 10kkj ave10 & 12, pasir ris dr 12, loyang ave, coastal......
Lol

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,939
Reaction score
2,920
No need look pro huan..

moi friend go cycle like 10km fully suit up..Average speed about 11km/hr nia..Si bei pose.. :s13:

My colleague go cycle with her husband wear like going market, cycle around 40+km trip usually..
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,927
Reaction score
13,655
can install a 72 point hub that makes hell lots of noise when rolling. last time go past a bunch of ginas they exclaim "wah listen to that hub sound, must be very good and expensive". :s13:
 

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2
can install a 72 point hub that makes hell lots of noise when rolling. last time go past a bunch of ginas they exclaim "wah listen to that hub sound, must be very good and expensive". :s13:

yeah.... actually i tia gong louder hub = better lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top