I'm using a mtb shoes with shimano spd cleat on my Tyrell
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pe...es-spd-for-men~p~7163m/?showlocalization=True
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pe...es-spd-for-men~p~7163m/?showlocalization=True

Is looking "pro" a factor for u guys? I think i am moving to that direction.
Given limited resource, which should i do first? Service my 9mths old mtb, buy a MET helmet to replace aleoca one, or change to cleat system? (Looks ugly with running shoes)
Where can i possibly test cleats before buying? Will significantly add more weights to my already heavy mtb?

Where do u ride mostly? Road, pcn? Can feel the efficiency or not? Why do u buy cleat?I'm using a mtb shoes with shimano spd cleat on my Tyrell
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pe...es-spd-for-men~p~7163m/?showlocalization=True
Can u all post your cycling shoes be it track shoes or cleat type
What the point of looking pro when a kid in a GT bmx overtake you?Is looking "pro" a factor for u guys? I think i am moving to that direction.
Given limited resource, which should i do first? Service my 9mths old mtb, buy a MET helmet to replace aleoca one, or change to cleat system? (Looks ugly with running shoes)
Where can i possibly test cleats before buying? Will significantly add more weights to my already heavy mtb?
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
It's ok, i will act relax mode and let them overtake. U mean must always race with them meh?What the point of looking pro when a kid in a GT bmx overtake you?
Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT
Look pro but not fast also very embarrassing. Wear all the expensive and nice looking kit but being overtaken by a kid on a MTB really sucks. Lol.Is looking "pro" a factor for u guys? I think i am moving to that direction.
Given limited resource, which should i do first? Service my 9mths old mtb, buy a MET helmet to replace aleoca one, or change to cleat system? (Looks ugly with running shoes)
Where can i possibly test cleats before buying? Will significantly add more weights to my already heavy mtb?
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
He answered it for me.It's ok, i will act relax mode and let them overtake. U mean must always race with them meh?
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
Look pro but not fast also very embarrassing. Wear all the expensive and nice looking kit but being overtaken by a kid on a MTB really sucks. Lol.
Anyway to me looking pro not impt. The only part of my attire which I splurged on is my helmet cuz I feel its the only one where a better one makes a difference in terms of safety. My Jersey and shorts all cheap ones. Sometime even wear MTB pants to cycle on the roads cuz honestly I am not that fast to notice a difference.
As for changing to clipless pedals, I think it's good if you are cycling fast or long distances. If only for pcn I feel no need. I didn't change to clipless pedals to look pro.
Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
Look pro but not fast also very embarrassing. Wear all the expensive and nice looking kit but being overtaken by a kid on a MTB really sucks. Lol.
Anyway to me looking pro not impt. The only part of my attire which I splurged on is my helmet cuz I feel its the only one where a better one makes a difference in terms of safety. My Jersey and shorts all cheap ones. Sometime even wear MTB pants to cycle on the roads cuz honestly I am not that fast to notice a difference.
As for changing to clipless pedals, I think it's good if you are cycling fast or long distances. If only for pcn I feel no need. I didn't change to clipless pedals to look pro.

U also cannot expect a near 40yrs old must ride faster than a youngster right?




Roughly how fast? My average just 22km/hr.Age is not a factor in cycling.
There are 50 and 60 year old guys in our group who can cycle pretty fast.
Its just a matter of training and determination. And most importantly, to enjoy the process.
Lolif moi see blinking red light in front, moi consperm pruss chop will chase, but when reaching, dun wanna overtake..... hate it when people slow down for moi to over take.... this means moi have to continue sprinting away until they cannot see moi then faster jump into bush to hide and pant
So next time dunce slow down, moi wanna chase for fun nia.
places where le wild jaybee will appear: ubi, 10kkj ave10 & 12, pasir ris dr 12, loyang ave, coastal......
Roughly how fast? My average just 22km/hr.

can install a 72 point hub that makes hell lots of noise when rolling. last time go past a bunch of ginas they exclaim "wah listen to that hub sound, must be very good and expensive".![]()