Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilingDevil

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,104
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys, recently, a customer brought in Btwin housing and cable for his DIY project. I am not sure wat the price is and I guess all of you know where he got it from.
Things that me and my mechanic realised. No matter how you cut the cables, it frays almost instantly. Housing wise was ok, until he came back the next day. The housing has frayed as well after one day of bringing the bike out for a spin. Quality is simply amazing.. never seen this kind of standard.. even my cheap china cables and housing is of better standard.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,789
Reaction score
1,810
Hi Guys, recently, a customer brought in Btwin housing and cable for his DIY project. I am not sure wat the price is and I guess all of you know where he got it from.
Things that me and my mechanic realised. No matter how you cut the cables, it frays almost instantly. Housing wise was ok, until he came back the next day. The housing has frayed as well after one day of bringing the bike out for a spin. Quality is simply amazing.. never seen this kind of standard.. even my cheap china cables and housing is of better standard.
got so cui meh
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,869
Reaction score
3,141
Yep, best judge is when u are riding. However, need to buy first b4 u can do that right?

Will take into consideration Litepro S42, thank u :)



Yeah... front OLD is 74mm. Any recommendations for good wheelsets under $500?

You looking at 406 or 451 wheelset?

Just avoid wheelsport wheelset. Litepro is decent enough. Some go for machete, controltech, faxson, etc. personally I am using taobao wheelset :s13: light and strong enough for me.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,789
Reaction score
1,810
bike 24 parts come liao, shipped out on monday, arrived today.

P_20160121_231842_zpsds8zpu01.jpg


Sram S300 courier crankset, 61T chainring, brakes, and some other random stuff

P_20160121_232014_zpsiplcrxtb.jpg


P_20160121_232335_zpslfurkpby.jpg


IMG-20160122-WA0000_zpsdrwjrta7.jpeg
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,789
Reaction score
1,810
TSR or AM series? =:p

This is my cycling friend on his AM.



Derailleur can easily hit the floor since your wheel is small. For 406 wheels, medium cage derailleur can sometimes hit thr floor so for 18" wheels like Birdy... I just find it weird. That's why smaller wheel bikes use IGH.

actually , the road bikers are going ******* slow,



if cna overtake this one then satki
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,193
Reaction score
3,670
TSR or AM series? =:p

This is my cycling friend on his AM.



Derailleur can easily hit the floor since your wheel is small. For 406 wheels, medium cage derailleur can sometimes hit thr floor so for 18" wheels like Birdy... I just find it weird. That's why smaller wheel bikes use IGH.
Any idea which foldies use igh of 8 speed or above?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

BuShuang

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
7
You looking at 406 or 451 wheelset?

Just avoid wheelsport wheelset. Litepro is decent enough. Some go for machete, controltech, faxson, etc. personally I am using taobao wheelset :s13: light and strong enough for me.

Think 406. I don't mind getting from Taobao too if there's any good recommendations.

I'm also heading to Taipei and Taichung soon. Any good Taiwanese forums to read up on wheelsets? May want to get from the LBS there if feasible.

If convenient, can share y u don't really fancy Wheelsport? Have friends jio me to get cos MBS running promo for the wheels. Still considering.
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Think 406. I don't mind getting from Taobao too if there's any good recommendations.

I'm also heading to Taipei and Taichung soon. Any good Taiwanese forums to read up on wheelsets? May want to get from the LBS there if feasible.

If convenient, can share y u don't really fancy Wheelsport? Have friends jio me to get cos MBS running promo for the wheels. Still considering.

Ya, i also keen to see ervinrommel recommendation on taobao wheelset..
 

jeffrey159

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
964
Reaction score
0
anyone know if there's anybody doing bicycle service? cleaning, full strip down of bicycle near hougang? or hougang area. :s12::s12:
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,869
Reaction score
3,141
Think 406. I don't mind getting from Taobao too if there's any good recommendations.

I'm also heading to Taipei and Taichung soon. Any good Taiwanese forums to read up on wheelsets? May want to get from the LBS there if feasible.

If convenient, can share y u don't really fancy Wheelsport? Have friends jio me to get cos MBS running promo for the wheels. Still considering.

Nobody buys that, hat's why its running promo. :s13:

I have seen numerous spoke snappings on wheelsport, but the cyclists are lighter than me. When i say numerous.. its >10 cyclists.
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,777
Reaction score
2,399
Think 406. I don't mind getting from Taobao too if there's any good recommendations.

I'm also heading to Taipei and Taichung soon. Any good Taiwanese forums to read up on wheelsets? May want to get from the LBS there if feasible.

If convenient, can share y u don't really fancy Wheelsport? Have friends jio me to get cos MBS running promo for the wheels. Still considering.

I like to go Mobile01 to read their forums.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top