
Aiya I spent money at entro sales too. Bought a chorus crankset at $399, that price really can't resist. Somemore I'm upgrading from Athena alloy crank to chorus carbon crank.
But when I brought it to fat cat to install, realized that bottom bracket needs to be swapped too. End up another $92 on ultra torque bb30. Plus labour of $25. Sians, end up spending $500. Ha ha ha
Haven't test out the ride yet. Shall do it soon.
Not really possible. Online cheaper. Dealer cost already more than that.Anyone know where to get look pedals locally cheap? Look keo classic for around 70ish.
No hurry, was thinking of getting locally instead of crc
Hi guys!
I am looking for a bicycle to travel to and fro from work. The bicycle would only be used on terrains like pavements or roads. I'm looking at bicycles with simplistic and minimalist design. An example would be Electra's Loft 1 model.
My budget is really low at $200. Really hope you guys can advice me on what brand or type of bicycle to buy and from where. Been through a few online bicycle shops in Singapore and they all cost a bomb. Thanks in advance!
Not really possible. Online cheaper. Dealer cost already more than that.
For 200, you can hardly get anything decent. How far do you need to travel? I suggest a hybrid but you are looking at 500 plus range. Maybe you want to consider 2nd hand bikes?
Athena to Chorus also need to U/G BB ?Aiya I spent money at entro sales too. Bought a chorus crankset at $399, that price really can't resist. Somemore I'm upgrading from Athena alloy crank to chorus carbon crank.
But when I brought it to fat cat to install, realized that bottom bracket needs to be swapped too. End up another $92 on ultra torque bb30. Plus labour of $25. Sians, end up spending $500. Ha ha ha
Haven't test out the ride yet. Shall do it soon.
gxgx on hoot.Aiya I spent money at entro sales too. Bought a chorus crankset at $399, that price really can't resist. Somemore I'm upgrading from Athena alloy crank to chorus carbon crank.
But when I brought it to fat cat to install, realized that bottom bracket needs to be swapped too. End up another $92 on ultra torque bb30. Plus labour of $25. Sians, end up spending $500. Ha ha ha
Haven't test out the ride yet. Shall do it soon.
dont get the keo 2 max and the old keo blade, i smashed 1 set each in 3 years, one was the spindle cracked, the other the metal plate in the middle of the pedal came outAnyone know where to get look pedals locally cheap? Look keo classic for around 70ish.
No hurry, was thinking of getting locally instead of crc
Singapore Bicycle Marketplace - Buy and Sell Used and New Bicycles & PartsYea i dont mind 2nd hand. Is there anywhere i can find 2nd hand bikes?
![]()
Best lights I ever owned! Shiok!
Where to buy?
gxgx on hoot.
wah how come need pay labour ? normally buy parts shops dont charge me labor
dont get the keo 2 max and the old keo blade, i smashed 1 set each in 3 years, one was the spindle cracked, the other the metal plate in the middle of the pedal came out
I havent tried the new look keo blade they say is much better than the old one
Singapore Bicycle Marketplace - Buy and Sell Used and New Bicycles & Parts
need to wait for the MTB gurus.![]()
You should try out all 3 in S or XS size. See which is more comfortable and gives you more confident.
All 3 are different type of bikes, Stance (trail), Trance (AM), Anthem (XC).
I am not really sure what is your riding style but Trance being the most versatile might have a stand over height that is too tall for you (Try and see how).
A dropper post can help boost your confidence in riding on roads.
Drop the saddle height when slowing down to a stop and you can put your leg down easily. Move off and increase saddle height to achieve optimum ride height.
All 3 bikes comes with entry grouppo, so it really boils down to your budget, fit and riding style. There is no clear choice here. Personally I will take the Trance, I find it to be a more versatile choice.
Why not consider a preowned 26"? Might give you more confidence.
Thks for ur input any model to recommend for the 26",thks![]()
if you can handle off road, i assume it means you ride BT/T15 often, then your handling/balancing should be better than the average road rider.
i dont get what you mean by not riding steadily on road.
in any case, the Trance is more worthwhile imo, enough travel to do just about anything, stair rides, jumps, trail, pcn.
if you like trails only, then get Anthem, better geometry thats suited for climbing and general trail use, never heard of Stance so no opinion.
all Giant mtb use the DW linkage (they have a different name but it's essentially the same technology, Giant won the lawsuit anyway), so they're all fantastic for climbing and descending.
Athena to Chorus also need to U/G BB ?
Because I didn't buy crank from them. Ha ha crank is from entro sales. Went to fat cat to get it installed. Actually the fat cat mechanic is good. He's knowlegable and very competent.gxgx on hoot.
wah how come need pay labour ? normally buy parts shops dont charge me labor
dont get the keo 2 max and the old keo blade, i smashed 1 set each in 3 years, one was the spindle cracked, the other the metal plate in the middle of the pedal came out
I havent tried the new look keo blade they say is much better than the old one
Singapore Bicycle Marketplace - Buy and Sell Used and New Bicycles & Parts
Hi anyone can recommend me a light MTB with full suspension,budget around $2k,best if the shop is in the east area,just came across this brand "Author","Polygon" & "Merida"does anyone hv any comment on this or can recommend me a brand,thks a lot![]()
cycling bojioHello everyone,
I finally purchased the Fenix BC30. During its maiden ride today, the light dropped when I was traveling at about 25 to 28 kmph at ECP's service road. (dropped because I did not secure the light properly to its holder) Very loud sounds were heard when the light hit the tarmac. I feared the worst. After coming to a stop and walked back to retrieve the light, I found that there were scratches and dings on the aluminium chasis of the light.
However, the lens of the light was not affected. Nor was the operation of the light. I remounted the light properly this time and continued with my ride. Disappointed that the light was damaged on it maiden trip out.
Some observations:
+ Not affecting the performance of the Cateye Wireless cycling computer during its operation.
+ The remote is a nice touch, press on it to have a full light power. Can use it to press repeatedly and have flashing light during overtaking.
+ Running on 18650 batteries, which can be replaced on the go.
- I felt that the warm white light does not kill darkness as well as the daylight white lights. (only 1 version is available)
- Design-wise, it looks kinda dated, but I don't know how it can be improved.
