Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
5
Need to buy a helmet my budget is around $200 (weight about 200g)
Limar UltraLight+
Make sure they fit your head!
COLORS
thumb_618_U+%20ROAD%20White%20Red.jpg
thumb_619_U+%20ROAD%20White%20Silver.jpg
thumb_620_U+%20GFNY.jpg
thumb_621_U+%20ROAD%20Black%20Anthracite.jpg
thumb_622_U+%20Topeak.jpg

SIZES
M (53-57 cm) - L (57-61 cm)
WEIGHT
M 175 gr - L 210 gr
 

cyberian

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,586
Reaction score
0
Hi all.. I wanna get a foldable bike that's durable enough for weekly leisure cycling and the occasional longer distances (~40km), which bike would you recommend? I was reading about Tern bike which sounds good. My budget is anywhere from 200-500ish. Or would the aleoca bike from ntuc suffice? Heard lots of bad reviews about it though

If 7 speed is ok with you, can get a Tern Link B7 selling at $449

http://mybikeshopsg.com/promo-shop-news/
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,632
Reaction score
3,484
Hi all.. I wanna get a foldable bike that's durable enough for weekly leisure cycling and the occasional longer distances (~40km), which bike would you recommend? I was reading about Tern bike which sounds good. My budget is anywhere from 200-500ish. Or would the aleoca bike from ntuc suffice? Heard lots of bad reviews about it though

Besides durable, you should also look at comfort if you want to cycle longer distances.

After months of research, I'm getting the Dahon Speed D8 tomorrow. Price is above your budget of $500 though.

I've tested the Dahon Horize, Speed D8, and a few Terns.
 

binary_0011

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
8,300
Reaction score
276
Recommend you save the $200 buy insurance better. Serious la why buy 200g helmet. They feel like paper.

$200 for a helmet is not expensive lar.... good looking one will cost $350 above.

when you work long enough, these kind of money is nothing lar.

people always say dont need to buy expensive stuff.

as long as you happy and willing to spend, why not??


oh sd, do u carry POC helmet? i need to get one. mine old laio...
 
Last edited:

batuchka

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
106,287
Reaction score
10,287
Managed to squeeze in Pasir Ris --> Simei --> Upper Changi Rd East ---> Upper Changi Rd --> Changi Rd ---> Geylang Rd --> Aljunied this workweek wee~ Bout 28km 2 way
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,870
Reaction score
3,141
Besides durable, you should also look at comfort if you want to cycle longer distances.

After months of research, I'm getting the Dahon Speed D8 tomorrow. Price is above your budget of $500 though.

I've tested the Dahon Horize, Speed D8, and a few Terns.

Do remember to change the saddle and grips once you gotten the D8. =:p
 

Memphi5

Member
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Am not an expert but what i did in your case (similar issues)

#1 Get fully covered bike gloves (not fingerless)
#2 Play with height of seat
#3 Downhill raise your butt off seat so would be less sore
#4 Check your sitting bone length vs saddle length (too narrow/wide?)

Thanks for the advice. I don't understand point 4.

What is you riding position? And which Tern model are you riding?

Anyway, most of us have Ergon grips installed. I have Ergon GP5 installed on my Tern, and Ergon GP3 on my Brompton.

It's just a entry level tern C7 which i'm still quite happy with atm.

I don't really understand your question on riding position but I'll try answering to the best of my noobish ability :s13:

Seated and leaning forward, handlebar usually adjusted to the lowest height. Height of saddle is almost level with the handlebar height. Hope I gave a better idea =:p

I took a look at Ergon grips. They are quite premium items. Any idea where to get them at cheaper price?
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
I tried looking for cheaper places selling Ergon grips but eventually got them from Cyclelogy as nearer to my place and also prices the same generally throughout SG..

Using GP3 on my Tern..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top