Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukura

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
0
U also cannot expect a near 40yrs old must ride faster than a youngster right?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
Age is not a factor in cycling.

There are 50 and 60 year old guys in our group who can cycle pretty fast.

Its just a matter of training and determination. And most importantly, to enjoy the process.
Ya man, age not a factor. I had seen 50+ year old uncle riding foldie on pcn quite fast and he don't even look like he is breaking a sweat.

Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,934
Reaction score
2,917
Which type of new balance shoes? Jogging track shoes?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

This one..

2015-new-balance-574-camo-1.jpg
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
Seriously, I don't get what is getting a pro look. Everyone looks different even in the pro peloton.

Getting a pro bike, I still can understand.
A bike that is equivalent to what the pros are using, in term of frame, geometry, components etc.
 

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2
Seriously, I don't get what is getting a pro look. Everyone looks different even in the pro peloton.

Getting a pro bike, I still can understand.
A bike that is equivalent to what the pros are using, in term of frame, geometry, components etc.

aero helmet, sun glasses, jersey, compression shorts, cleats.... look cool mah, if i ride tt bike i also want to wear like jin satki :s13::s13::s13:
 

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
3,811
Reaction score
64
Look pro but not fast also very embarrassing. Wear all the expensive and nice looking kit but being overtaken by a kid on a MTB really sucks. Lol.

Anyway to me looking pro not impt. The only part of my attire which I splurged on is my helmet cuz I feel its the only one where a better one makes a difference in terms of safety. My Jersey and shorts all cheap ones. Sometime even wear MTB pants to cycle on the roads cuz honestly I am not that fast to notice a difference.

As for changing to clipless pedals, I think it's good if you are cycling fast or long distances. If only for pcn I feel no need. I didn't change to clipless pedals to look pro.
Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

Just tell urself if he out ride u at coastal road, u came all the way from Jurong n his starting point is Loyang.
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,791
Reaction score
1,810
U also cannot expect a near 40yrs old must ride faster than a youngster right?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
got time in the morning go longhouse on sunday morning at 7am.

tons of 40+ years old riders riding fast and kicking a$$

Is looking "pro" a factor for u guys? I think i am moving to that direction.

Given limited resource, which should i do first? Service my 9mths old mtb, buy a MET helmet to replace aleoca one, or change to cleat system? (Looks ugly with running shoes)

Where can i possibly test cleats before buying? Will significantly add more weights to my already heavy mtb?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
why need to look pro ?

i use cleats, jersey, tights and helmet because i have to use especially for the last 3 items.

jersey is compulsory so I dont have to carry a saddle bag, with that i can put all that i need into the pockets.

tights is to reduce numbing on balls and butt

helmet is safety requirement by my team though I dont usually wear it if its nearby

cleats is because I find that it helps me pedal better
Look pro but not fast also very embarrassing. Wear all the expensive and nice looking kit but being overtaken by a kid on a MTB really sucks. Lol.

Anyway to me looking pro not impt. The only part of my attire which I splurged on is my helmet cuz I feel its the only one where a better one makes a difference in terms of safety. My Jersey and shorts all cheap ones. Sometime even wear MTB pants to cycle on the roads cuz honestly I am not that fast to notice a difference.

As for changing to clipless pedals, I think it's good if you are cycling fast or long distances. If only for pcn I feel no need. I didn't change to clipless pedals to look pro.
Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT


i think depends la, if you wear full outfit and go koptiam drink coffee then you sure look like kuku.

but if you chiong 100km or more, it would be useful to go FBO. no one is stopping you for what you wear.

as for speedwise its a totally unrelated matter
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,791
Reaction score
1,810
Just tell urself if he out ride u at coastal road, u came all the way from Jurong n his starting point is Loyang.
for me personally, if he or the team outrides you nvm la its just a bad day.

like me, now go back for training still get my a$$ kicked by my team kena dropped till dunno where never kena chased by solo riders yet.
 

beast

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,351
Reaction score
2
As long your bike setup and drivetrain system is cheaper than theirs, there is no need to feel embarrassed if you are overrun by them:D
 
Last edited:

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
6,606
Reaction score
4

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
if moi see blinking red light in front, moi consperm pruss chop will chase, but when reaching, dun wanna overtake..... hate it when people slow down for moi to over take.... this means moi have to continue sprinting away until they cannot see moi then faster jump into bush to hide and pant :s22:

So next time dunce slow down, moi wanna chase for fun nia. :s13::s13::s13:

places where le wild jaybee will appear: ubi, 10kkj ave10 & 12, pasir ris dr 12, loyang ave, coastal......

Ok, time to siam those areas. Moi is uber slow rider, u just cannot don't overtake me one.
 

tonyc

Senior Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
1,732
Reaction score
89
Can any pro here recommend me a nice cycling tight?

I see those on sales in Aliexpress, the material like very thin kind :o
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,791
Reaction score
1,810
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top