Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
Any recommendations on mid range 20" 406 wheels? Using a Kinetix Comp now and reviews of 406 wheels like very rare.

The ones I know of locally so far are Faxson, Novatec, Wheelsport, Kinetix, Litepro, Java, Tyrell, Chris King, Mialo, Controltech...

still got Rolf Prima, ENVE, Aerspoke (this one only online). Honestly no reviews for 406/451 wheelset. Chris King produce hubs only not rims, got Gokiso too if budget isn't an issue :s22:
 

BuShuang

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
7
still got Rolf Prima, ENVE, Aerspoke (this one only online). Honestly no reviews for 406/451 wheelset. Chris King produce hubs only not rims, got Gokiso too if budget isn't an issue :s22:

thanks for adding to the list. so many brands but not sure how to choose too. Go bike shop the standard demo is spin the wheel let u see how smooth the rolling is... Is that really a good indicator on the quality of a wheel :s11:
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
beats me... So far, I only have tyrell AM3 or AM10, the latter performs better because of the DTswiss hub. I guess, u need to set aside a budget, at least u can eliminate those that r above your budget.
 

BuShuang

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
7
beats me... So far, I only have tyrell AM3 or AM10, the latter performs better because of the DTswiss hub. I guess, u need to set aside a budget, at least u can eliminate those that r above your budget.

Budget of $500 will kena laughed at or not? :s13:
AM10 performs better cos u feel u going faster?
 

Sadisticnoob

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
39,789
Reaction score
1,810
thanks for adding to the list. so many brands but not sure how to choose too. Go bike shop the standard demo is spin the wheel let u see how smooth the rolling is... Is that really a good indicator on the quality of a wheel :s11:
the feel of the wheelset is everything, if you ride feel lousy thats a lousy wheel
I released the v brakes cable for fun then install back. After that got loud squeaky sound when i apply brakes during riding. How huh?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
think your rims are wet.
After adjust my ride getting better. I consult bikeactually and they ask me do like that. :o
what kind of advice is that. mine i used like for ever still no problem
Any recommendations on mid range 20" 406 wheels? Using a Kinetix Comp now and reviews of 406 wheels like very rare.

The ones I know of locally so far are Faxson, Novatec, Wheelsport, Kinetix, Litepro, Java, Tyrell, Chris King, Mialo, Controltech...
im thinking of the litepro s42
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,869
Reaction score
3,141
Any recommendations on mid range 20" 406 wheels? Using a Kinetix Comp now and reviews of 406 wheels like very rare.

The ones I know of locally so far are Faxson, Novatec, Wheelsport, Kinetix, Litepro, Java, Tyrell, Chris King, Mialo, Controltech...

Front O.L.D. is 74 or 100mm?

If you are using kinetix comp, your front o.l.d should be 74mm, which means you cannot use tyrell am wheelset.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,935
Reaction score
13,676
What birdy are you riding?


I'm sold on the birdy.

Capreo or the classic? :s11:

I love the capreo highest gear but it's 3.2k :s22:

my birdy most parts upgraded liao. I think only the frame is stock. :o

capreo quite troublesome, need the hub and cassette. rather change to a 406 wheels and bigger front chain ring if top end speed is what you are after.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,194
Reaction score
3,670
looking to buy a second hand MTB for my wife, saw one that comes with shimano tourney :s13: had to google for hierarchy of parts because not familiar with MTB parts lol
Why not get from me? Full deore, xt rd. 30 speed 27.5" hardtail, on-road tires, 6061 aluminium etc. Less than 1 yr old. Will give u a very good price if come my place test test.

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/general-merchandise-bazaar-261/selling-mountain-bike-vintage-bike-5284811.html#post99362470

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 
Last edited:

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
What to adjust if the brakes are not centralised?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

adjust??? :s22:, but why isn't it centralise coming off the LBS. Never use V brakes before, dunno how to advice you. For caliper, just 1 screw.

if it ain't broken, don't fix it :s13:

@Broadwalk, you just gotten your bike, shouldn't the shifting be flawless? if it ain't, you should throw the bike at their mechanic for doing a piss poor job of assembling the bike.
 

savage

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,168
Reaction score
2
hey guys, I'm looking to switch out my stock flat pedals on my Foldie with Shimano A530.

Some time this year, might also be switching to a road bike. So hoping to also use that pedal with the new bike.

Good idea? Bad Idea?

And anyone knows where I can get this pedal cheapest now?

Or should I go for the one that is at decathlon?
https://www.decathlon.sg/cycling-sports/3932/multifunction-pedals-b-twin.html
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top