LesterQ
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jun 12, 2010
- Messages
- 5,412
- Reaction score
- 0
my birdy most parts upgraded liao. I think only the frame is stock.
capreo quite troublesome, need the hub and cassette. rather change to a 406 wheels and bigger front chain ring if top end speed is what you are after.
Classic or The monocoque frame?

The capreo version of birdy not troublesome , just expensive. 3.2k

But from my calculations , even if you change the front chain ring to a 56t on a standard. It'll be 56t/11t ; 5.09 versus 53t/9t;5.8. I don't see how it will be faster then a stock capreo birdy.
What I'm after is top end speed without looking like a hamster. I'm thinking i rather use muscle over cadence to maintain speed. Because on the Dahon C7 (52t/14t;3.7) that I am now using. I reach a point where I'm pedaling but the speed is already maxed out and it's become unstable to pedal more. (Pedaling where if you let go of the pedals, they free turn like crazy)

Also I'm not sure why, but only the birdy with the capreo hubs gave me the same feeling as the tyrell fx. The resistance from the gear that indicates when I push it, it really can fly kind of feeling
Last edited:




