筍盤來了!!!Canninghill Piers

normoh

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
471
Reaction score
182
He could be thinking of getting a SG passport. Why buy 1 GCB or Super penthouse when you can get many-many units , rent out to earn income and liquidate as and when liquidity is needed.
 

abcde83

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
1,324
Reaction score
359
He could be thinking of getting a SG passport. Why buy 1 GCB or Super penthouse when you can get many-many units , rent out to earn income and liquidate as and when liquidity is needed.
because he is a billionaires and doesn't think like you or me...

the way they think is quite different...
 

normoh

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
471
Reaction score
182
because he is a billionaires and doesn't think like you or me...

the way they think is quite different...
Oh? You got an idea of his identity? I tot the Dyson case caused him to think differently since selling individual units can make money
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Fact is likely no one here knows the true identity, so any guesses on what he would do is without much basis.

better than unsold units, and buying pressure is always welcome. You don’t become rich by wasting money intentionally, so maybe he wants to rent like those celebrities that bought centennial suites or maybe he wants to move his whole extended family to sg.

normally the patriach will sweep up the units then allocate to the other members.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
smart of him to buy up canninghill piers instead of other developments.
Say a 4 bedder cost him 5.5mil.
BSD = 205k
ABSD = 1.65mil
Agent fee = 150k thereabout
Total estimate breakeven cost = 7.5mil

He need to sell each 4 bedder unit for 7.5mil just to breakeven. U think what are his chances?
7.5mil can buy u a decent landed.

how is he smart? Can elaborate? :o
 

abcde83

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
1,324
Reaction score
359
Say a 4 bedder cost him 5.5mil.
BSD = 205k
ABSD = 1.65mil
Agent fee = 150k thereabout
Total estimate breakeven cost = 7.5mil

He need to sell each 4 bedder unit for 7.5mil just to breakeven. U think what are his chances?
7.5mil can buy u a decent landed.

how is he smart? Can elaborate? :o
he's definitely smarter than us because we cannot afford to pay 85 million. haha
period.
 

Tuckie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
24,833
Reaction score
1,198
he's definitely smarter than us because we cannot afford to pay 85 million. haha
period.
Haha when u do this and ur money becomes whiter than white. Doesn’t matter the loss you take. Anyways as u pointed out, he’s a billionaire, while we are not. Why question his decision
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Haha when u do this and ur money becomes whiter than white. Doesn’t matter the loss you take. Anyways as u pointed out, he’s a billionaire, while we are not. Why question his decision
Because his decision and exit plan could impact the performance of CHP resale.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Lol can discuss but no one really knows. Just wildly guessing only.

What’s positive is that CHP is able to attract these extremely wealthy people, to over landed properties. During my course of work, I have seen enough super wealthy China people who loves the characteristics that CHP has. These people do not care about entry or exit prices when buying. Said this in an earlier post during launch. Now that can attract one, may hopefully attract more in the future as well, for the secondary market.

As for washing, I don’t think this is the best target. It is not the most liquid and so much goes to taxes straight away. if you tell me opening some high end red light business, maybe more likelihood, haha. Hopefully is more the whole extended family come and stay kind.

Note: the above may not be what @NiShiZhu wants to hear though, heh heh.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Lol can discuss but no one really knows. Just wildly guessing only.

What’s positive is that CHP is able to attract these extremely wealthy people, to over landed properties. During my course of work, I have seen enough super wealthy China people who loves the characteristics that CHP has. These people do not care about entry or exit prices when buying. Said this in an earlier post during launch. Now that can attract one, may hopefully attract more in the future as well, for the secondary market.

As for washing, I don’t think this is the best target. It is not the most liquid and so much goes to taxes straight away. if you tell me opening some high end red light business, maybe more likelihood, haha. Hopefully is more the whole extended family come and stay kind.

Note: the above may not be what @NiShiZhu wants to hear though, heh heh.
Hehe y u so worried what I want to hear? Or probably it’s more of what u want to hear since u had already placed your bet and of coz u have a higher stake than most of us. For me, I only talk about facts and probably that is something CHP owners wouldn’t like to hear. It’s a fact these foreigners are very mobile and they r always on the move. U see, I don’t even want to ask CHP owners what they feel about the bulk purchase by this foreigner. I rather ask bro BJY who r always neutral and mild in the forum And it seems like we both felt the same, just to prove I’m not being bias. That said, I knew u would somehow come out and defend one, haha and I was right :o
 

abcde83

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
1,324
Reaction score
359
Lol can discuss but no one really knows. Just wildly guessing only.

What’s positive is that CHP is able to attract these extremely wealthy people, to over landed properties. During my course of work, I have seen enough super wealthy China people who loves the characteristics that CHP has. These people do not care about entry or exit prices when buying. Said this in an earlier post during launch. Now that can attract one, may hopefully attract more in the future as well, for the secondary market.

As for washing, I don’t think this is the best target. It is not the most liquid and so much goes to taxes straight away. if you tell me opening some high end red light business, maybe more likelihood, haha. Hopefully is more the whole extended family come and stay kind.

Note: the above may not be what @NiShiZhu wants to hear though, heh heh.
uh? if that buyer from China can buy landed, I'm cock sure he will buy... just like alibaba jack ma wife, dyson and the alibaba executives who turned citizens.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Hehe y u so worried what I want to hear? Or probably it’s more of what u want to hear since u had already placed your bet and of coz u have a higher stake than most of us. For me, I only talk about facts and probably that is something CHP owners wouldn’t like to hear. It’s a fact these foreigners are very mobile and they r always on the move. U see, I don’t even want to ask CHP owners what they feel about the bulk purchase by this foreigner. I rather ask bro BJY who r always neutral and mild in the forum And it seems like we both felt the same, just to prove I’m not being bias. That said, I knew u would somehow come out and defend one, haha and I was right :o
Haha, I joking with you la. Anyway, I prefer to give a balanced view. It could also really turn out like what you said. But it also may not. I’d like to think that’s more neutral.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Haha, I joking with you la. Anyway, I prefer to give a balanced view. It could also really turn out like what you said. But it also may not. I’d like to think that’s more neutral.
Hehe, u can be sure I always give critical and balance view no matter how others buay song me in NP thread. I also don’t want to come across to be bias so my qns is directed to bro BJY, just want to hear if he also felt the same since he’s usually mild and neutral.
And I totally agree with him, if I’m the owner of CHP, I would prefer lord’s daily sales reporting than this kinda foreigner sweeping CHP in bulk. We all know 30% absd in today’s context is the killer. We r even advised against paying 17% absd as a singaporean who intend to own 2 properties. That’s y it arouse some curiosity to discuss his intent and I don’t see anything wrong since this buyer already hit the headline. :o
Thought That’s the whole idea of airing balls here, to learn from others and to relax.
 
Last edited:

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Hehe, u can be sure I always give critical and balance view no matter how others buay song me in NP thread. I also don’t want to come across to be bias so my qns is directed to bro BJY, just want to hear if he also felt the same since he’s usually mild and neutral.
And I totally agree with him, if I’m the owner of CHP, I would prefer lord’s daily sales reporting than this kinda foreigner sweeping CHP in bulk. We all know 30% absd in today’s context is the killer. We r even advised against paying 17% absd as a singaporean who intend to own 2 properties. That’s y it arouse some curiosity to discuss his intent and I don’t see anything wrong since this buyer already hit the headline. :o
Thought That’s the whole idea of airing balls here, to learn from others and to relax.
Actually if you see what I say ah, I also agree with him. He also listed a bunch of possibilities. Definitely slightly concerning since no one knows the buyer intent. It may or may not be good. Daily reporting is more stable.

Still, a positive slant that the project itself is able to attract such wealthy investors. Being able to see that is not being biased, as long as can also see the uncertainty and downside of such a buyer.

as for how you come across, I know some people maybe buay song you because of your typing style or directness, but i’m good with it. No worries, In fact, I like to read devil’s advocate.
 

abcde83

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
1,324
Reaction score
359
another aspect could be FX view also.
from news, the money moved in from Indonesia and buyer is from Fujian...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top