筍盤來了!!!Canninghill Piers

scanner007

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2020
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
485
Yeah this is correct from what I hear too. Also, I note there are quite a few people I see don’t really want this project to do well. Haha, but life is such…
Who? LOL
I confirm I want it to do well. It make the surrounding condo looks cheap.
I have vested interest in the area. LOL
 

Lmao0101

Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
181
Reaction score
30
i think past data does show that luxury developments tend not to perform so well in the resale market.
OUE twin peaks, scott towers, hamilton scotts, etc.
There are also condos that do super well such as Admore Park. Some of those you named have other reasons such as timing of launch.

Anyway would say this is more towards high end than luxury product. Not saying this is a great buy though.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,299
Reaction score
3,015
CDL has a hole to fill, and a lot of inventory to clear :o

Fuji Xerox (FH, GSW, mixed, CBD) launching next year :o Another 顺盘 incoming :o
This one I like, I always like projects that make AMDL wet.
but no $$ to buy. :(
 
Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,579
Reaction score
736
Yeah this is correct from what I hear too. Also, I note there are quite a few people I see don’t really want this project to do well. Haha, but life is such…
As w every project there are bulls/bears same with stock picks. But from sentiments here, majority seems to agree that this is a unique trophy asset w a desirable address. If I had deep pockets, I would wish to own a unit there too :s13:
 

Miltah

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
893
Reaction score
7
i think past data does show that luxury developments tend not to perform so well in the resale market.
OUE twin peaks, scott towers, hamilton scotts, etc.
Twin peaks did not have location.
Scott’s Tower doesn’t have location or a decent plot size. And frankly if u bought it in 2013 at $36xx psf, it makes CHP look cheap
 

daheigou999

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
2,140
Reaction score
560
i think past data does show that luxury developments tend not to perform so well in the resale market.
OUE twin peaks, scott towers, hamilton scotts, etc.
But this also makes it more palatable to enter via resale :o

Assuming you are super attracted and have to live there :o
 

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
7,595
Reaction score
274
There are also condos that do super well such as Admore Park. Some of those you named have other reasons such as timing of launch.

Anyway would say this is more towards high end than luxury product. Not saying this is a great buy though.
True, some definitely doing well.
Agreed that CHP is not at the same level as true luxury developments like park nova, so I should remove Hamilton Scotts from the list. The remaining ones are somewhat in similar class to CHP.

Twin peaks did not have location.
Scott’s Tower doesn’t have location or a decent plot size. And frankly if u bought it in 2013 at $36xx psf, it makes CHP look cheap
Twin peak location not too bad mah, 300-400 metres to Takashimaya.
I see resales for scotts tower 1-2 bedders at as low as low-mid 2XXX psf now, well below CHP despite TOP only 5 years ago. By CHP's TOP, it will be a 9 years gap with about 500-900 psf with CHP in a better location+integrated development. Not sure if the gap is too big.
 

daheigou999

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
2,140
Reaction score
560
True, some definitely doing well.
Agreed that CHP is not at the same level as true luxury developments like park nova, so I should remove Hamilton Scotts from the list. The remaining ones are somewhat in similar class to CHP.


Twin peak location not too bad mah, 300-400 metres to Takashimaya.
I see resales for scotts tower 1-2 bedders at as low as low-mid 2XXX psf now, well below CHP despite TOP only 5 years ago. By CHP's TOP, it will be a 9 years gap with about 500-900 psf with CHP in a better location+integrated development. Not sure if the gap is too big.
Don’t forget Scotts Tower is a 103-LH development sitting on Far East’s FH land :o

Hence, low chance to enbloc :o
 

normoh

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
473
Reaction score
183
I so green with envy. Congrats to all who got a unit here. As expected all the 'affordable' units sold on the first day cos of sensible price, marketing and no punk price increase. Now looking at Ghib's dream home and maybe stay there to wean it off my system....
 

Oftheseas

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2021
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
737
Twin peaks did not have location.
Scott’s Tower doesn’t have location or a decent plot size. And frankly if u bought it in 2013 at $36xx psf, it makes CHP look cheap

I remember was interested in OUE Twin Peak back in 2011/2012 as we have Overseas Family School tenants. Did not pull the trigger because we were also keen on Spring Grove. Went back to view TP again when they offered the deferred payment in 2016, but OFS already moved out.

Could have been sitting on a $500k loss !
 

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
7,595
Reaction score
274
But this also makes it more palatable to enter via resale :o

Assuming you are super attracted and have to live there :o
21XX definitely very attractive for CHP :o
Don’t forget Scotts Tower is a 103-LH development sitting on Far East’s FH land :o

Hence, low chance to enbloc :o
Actually all the integrated/mixed development also hard to enbloc. Capitaland or CDL would still be the majority shareholder with the commercial component, other developers may not be able to enbloc CHP.
 

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
7,595
Reaction score
274
I so green with envy. Congrats to all who got a unit here. As expected all the 'affordable' units sold on the first day cos of sensible price, marketing and no punk price increase. Now looking at Ghib's dream home and maybe stay there to wean it off my system....
It's the other way round, all the premium units got sold first, then followed by the more 'affordable' but less desirable facings. Even now, some of the "cheaper" low floor units still available, unless you are referring to the lower quantum 1 bedder.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
Who? LOL
I confirm I want it to do well. It make the surrounding condo looks cheap.
I have vested interest in the area. LOL
Haha, you all can see the negative fb comments and other forum threads on CHP ma. This thread here still more balanced.
 

page||

Master Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
991
Hope in future resale can own a piece of art at lower psf.. it’s ok. Can wait for 15 years.. 😝😝
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Haha, you all can see the negative fb comments and other forum threads on CHP ma. This thread here still more balanced.

###

Wow, you are very well-surfed.
Thought you were already very active here with updates on price and units sold almost every 5-10 mins...

Still simultaneously surfing other platforms...
💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

###
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
It's the other way round, all the premium units got sold first, then followed by the more 'affordable' but less desirable facings. Even now, some of the "cheaper" low floor units still available, unless you are referring to the lower quantum 1 bedder.

###

Real master class art pieces versus
Those art pieces put at one corner of the art gallery (for those with not the deepest pockets)...
Haha

###
 
Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,299
Reaction score
3,015
It's the other way round, all the premium units got sold first, then followed by the more 'affordable' but less desirable facings. Even now, some of the "cheaper" low floor units still available, unless you are referring to the lower quantum 1 bedder.
The lower floor units thats still available u r referring to 2 bedder?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top