筍盤來了!!!Canninghill Piers

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
I am a silent reader but I am surprised but some of the very positive comments here about the development. No doubt it is an iconic development with great connectivity and beautiful views (for some stacks) but upon scrutiny, it's not that nice in terms of layout and such.

For the 3 bedroom premium units, the showflat unit just exacerbates the inefficient layout. The kitchen and yard area is longish and narrow albeit inefficient. The backdoor is for deliveries and yet, the layout of yard and kitchen with the longish corridors and sharp turns makes it difficult for big items or furniture to move in. Thus for moving of big items, I foresee the pte lift will be used. Imagine having to use the lift when there is lots of shifting of big furniture and bulky items from the entire stack esp during initial period and as and when ppl renovate or move/in takes away the 'atasness' of it all.

Next, the view is gorgeous. But, if u study the facade design, I see that there's protruding walls /beams all around the facade. This looks like the design of those old office buildings and the actual view may not be as nice as imagined.

Also, I look at the squarish common corridor orientation of the units in the tower. Likely, the lifts are in the middle and the corridor (most main doors) are along a square kind of corridor. Very office like and doesn't really have a residential feel.

The strongest selling point is just the location and it looks iconic. Perhaps living in is another story if one examines how practical the layout is. From the showflat, I find the 2 bedroom unit layout most efficient.

I concur with some old-time forummers here. Buying a project is easy, but selling is another story. Buyers can hiam everything under the sky. Once the physical product is out, any flaws will be magnified and picked out by prospective buyers.
I think I brought up similar points regarding the 1313sqft 3 bedder unit about the wasted space found in kitchen and yard area before the launch. So I’m not going to repeat that again.

and ya, buying is easy. Buyers will be celebrating the good sales when things r new but had forgotten when it becomes old/second hand, the reality sets in and buyers will hiam even the slightest flaw.
 
Last edited:

elaineariel

Junior Member
Joined
May 4, 2001
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
For a 3 bedroom premium unit, the area size is not that 'premium-feel' . The dining and living doesn't look that grandiose compared to what I will attach to a premium unit as it's actually quite small (the round dining table in the showflat already shows up this concern). Impractical round table which in actual cannot accommodate so many seats due to elbow space.

But I guess the size is to keep the quantum at a reasonable level for buyers.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
I am a silent reader but I am surprised but some of the very positive comments here about the development. No doubt it is an iconic development with great connectivity and beautiful views (for some stacks) but upon scrutiny, it's not that nice in terms of layout and such.

For the 3 bedroom premium units, the showflat unit just exacerbates the inefficient layout. The kitchen and yard area is longish and narrow albeit inefficient. The backdoor is for deliveries and yet, the layout of yard and kitchen with the longish corridors and sharp turns makes it difficult for big items or furniture to move in. Thus for moving of big items, I foresee the pte lift will be used. Imagine having to use the lift when there is lots of shifting of big furniture and bulky items from the entire stack esp during initial period and as and when ppl renovate or move/in takes away the 'atasness' of it all.

Next, the view is gorgeous. But, if u study the facade design, I see that there's protruding walls /beams all around the facade. This looks like the design of those old office buildings and the actual view may not be as nice as imagined.

Also, I look at the squarish common corridor orientation of the units in the tower. Likely, the lifts are in the middle and the corridor (most main doors) are along a square kind of corridor. Very office like and doesn't really have a residential feel.

The strongest selling point is just the location and it looks iconic. Perhaps living in is another story if one examines how practical the layout is. From the showflat, I find the 2 bedroom unit layout most efficient.

I concur with some old-time forummers here. Buying a project is easy, but selling is another story. Buyers can hiam everything under the sky. Once the physical product is out, any flaws will be magnified and picked out by prospective buyers.
Very valid points, but i’m also surprised you are surprised, lol. I would say I wouldn’t be surprised by a mix of positive and negative views.

Most of your concerns are quite a matter of preference. My wife (and evident from this stack being sold out in the early afternoon of day 1) loves the 3br premium layout, especially the kitchen. It depends on how heavy cooker you are. Only the longish yard area was a bit meh in terms of efficiency.

An overall concern of how the actual view would look like was also brought up by numerous prospective buyers, myself included. You mean the drape right? The beams mostly doesn’t cut the views except some stacks with longer balcony, will have one beam down the middle. Certain stacks and floors have it worse of course. But the tucked-in nature is nice, technically more private.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
For a 3 bedroom premium unit, the area size is not that 'premium-feel' . The dining and living doesn't look that grandiose compared to what I will attach to a premium unit as it's actually quite small (the round dining table in the showflat already shows up this concern). Impractical round table which in actual cannot accommodate so many seats due to elbow space.

But I guess the size is to keep the quantum at a reasonable level for buyers.
Then you should buy the 4BR ma, if you want more premium area. It’s great for the not so atas people like me to get to act atas at an affordable price, lol.
 

scanner007

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2020
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
485
I am a silent reader but I am surprised but some of the very positive comments here about the development. No doubt it is an iconic development with great connectivity and beautiful views (for some stacks) but upon scrutiny, it's not that nice in terms of layout and such.

For the 3 bedroom premium units, the showflat unit just exacerbates the inefficient layout. The kitchen and yard area is longish and narrow albeit inefficient. The backdoor is for deliveries and yet, the layout of yard and kitchen with the longish corridors and sharp turns makes it difficult for big items or furniture to move in. Thus for moving of big items, I foresee the pte lift will be used. Imagine having to use the lift when there is lots of shifting of big furniture and bulky items from the entire stack esp during initial period and as and when ppl renovate or move/in takes away the 'atasness' of it all.

Next, the view is gorgeous. But, if u study the facade design, I see that there's protruding walls /beams all around the facade. This looks like the design of those old office buildings and the actual view may not be as nice as imagined.

Also, I look at the squarish common corridor orientation of the units in the tower. Likely, the lifts are in the middle and the corridor (most main doors) are along a square kind of corridor. Very office like and doesn't really have a residential feel.

The strongest selling point is just the location and it looks iconic. Perhaps living in is another story if one examines how practical the layout is. From the showflat, I find the 2 bedroom unit layout most efficient.

I concur with some old-time forummers here. Buying a project is easy, but selling is another story. Buyers can hiam everything under the sky. Once the physical product is out, any flaws will be magnified and picked out by prospective buyers.

You are sharp. Beside the layout, 1 of the room of the 3 bedder is damn small. LOL
I like the location, facing, but layout for the 3 bedder could be much better for the kind of price you pay.
Some buyer is ok with it, but I have my reservation on the mentioned.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
You are sharp. Beside the layout, 1 of the room of the 3 bedder is damn small. LOL
I like the location, facing, but layout for the 3 bedder could be much better for the kind of price you pay.
Some buyer is ok with it, but I have my reservation on the mentioned.
Yeah, that one also an issue. Fit 1 queen size bed and the built in wardrobes, no space left.

bobian to keep the quantum low i guess. Launch day i did post here in reply that I wished some of the floor area of the yard go to the small bedroom, lol.
 

bolster

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,848
Reaction score
348
I am a silent reader but I am surprised but some of the very positive comments here about the development. No doubt it is an iconic development with great connectivity and beautiful views (for some stacks) but upon scrutiny, it's not that nice in terms of layout and such.

For the 3 bedroom premium units, the showflat unit just exacerbates the inefficient layout. The kitchen and yard area is longish and narrow albeit inefficient. The backdoor is for deliveries and yet, the layout of yard and kitchen with the longish corridors and sharp turns makes it difficult for big items or furniture to move in. Thus for moving of big items, I foresee the pte lift will be used. Imagine having to use the lift when there is lots of shifting of big furniture and bulky items from the entire stack esp during initial period and as and when ppl renovate or move/in takes away the 'atasness' of it all.

Next, the view is gorgeous. But, if u study the facade design, I see that there's protruding walls /beams all around the facade. This looks like the design of those old office buildings and the actual view may not be as nice as imagined.

Also, I look at the squarish common corridor orientation of the units in the tower. Likely, the lifts are in the middle and the corridor (most main doors) are along a square kind of corridor. Very office like and doesn't really have a residential feel.

The strongest selling point is just the location and it looks iconic. Perhaps living in is another story if one examines how practical the layout is. From the showflat, I find the 2 bedroom unit layout most efficient.

I concur with some old-time forummers here. Buying a project is easy, but selling is another story. Buyers can hiam everything under the sky. Once the physical product is out, any flaws will be magnified and picked out by prospective buyers.

Ok lah. most of the iconic projects, anyhow buy also huat in 2021. Lousy layout like interlace, D'leedon also huat, The only exception is Reflection.
 

elaineariel

Junior Member
Joined
May 4, 2001
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
The 4 bedroom is indeed the nicest layout , no one will hiam only the price.

It's a pity cos 3 bedroom is ideal for small families and the dual frontage views are really spectacular. The 美中不足 is the narrow and long yard without any ventilation. The actual unit the whole house will be bright and nice until u reach the yard. Going to be very dark and narrow and air will be stale. But maybe that's the best they can design for the corner unit.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
The 4 bedroom is indeed the nicest layout , no one will hiam only the price.

It's a pity cos 3 bedroom is ideal for small families and the dual frontage views are really spectacular. The 美中不足 is the narrow and long yard without any ventilation. The actual unit the whole house will be bright and nice until u reach the yard. Going to be very dark and narrow and air will be stale. But maybe that's the best they can design for the corner unit.
Fully agree. I almost wanted to go for the 4BR but would be massively overstretched…

The 3BR premium is also really good but the yard area not really good, as you rightly pointed out.
 

scanner007

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2020
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
485
Fully agree. I almost wanted to go for the 4BR but would be massively overstretched…

The 3BR premium is also really good but the yard area not really good, as you rightly pointed out.
I wait for the resale as 1 possible option... LOL
 

diminishin

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
2,085
Reaction score
1,212
Fully agree. I almost wanted to go for the 4BR but would be massively overstretched…

The 3BR premium is also really good but the yard area not really good, as you rightly pointed out.
High ses spotted!!! 4rm at $5.6m sia. Can buy detached landed freehold already
 
Last edited:

Gibbfa

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Messages
723
Reaction score
203
I think the trick is to sell just before TOP so the physical site isn’t up . Buyers can only look at floor plan like new launch.
 

Verghez

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2010
Messages
1,986
Reaction score
287
High ses spotted!!! 4rm at $5.6m sia. Can buy detached landed freehold already
Over stretched, max out your debt and sell all your investments lor, i’m sure many can do it if they do all these especially those with 2 properties.

but generally not a wise thing to do.

high ses will just buy, no need think so much liao.

anyway, the 4br kitchen not so good, so 3br is more suited for my wife/family.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top