CardUp (Do not post or ask for referral code)

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2003
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
228
looks like the only reason to use cardup is cos of UOB ONE CARD.

Once UOB changed their cashback T&C or blacklist cardup txn, i think cardup can close shop.

is it blacklisted now? or not yet
 

Ezylryb

Banned
Joined
Aug 24, 2013
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
No don't have...never..

The post was just saying "if"


Hello pcmdan

How do you use CardUp for your insurance payment?

I call Aviva, they refer me to CardUp
I call CardUp and they advise it can be done via electric bank transfer, and they refer me to Aviva when I ask how this switch can be done :s11:

Which form you fill up on Aviva payment application form?

I am confused~
 
Last edited:

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
Hello pcmdan

How do you use CardUp for your insurance payment?

I call Aviva, they refer me to CardUp
I call CardUp and they advise it can be done via electric bank transfer, and they refer me to Aviva when I ask how this switch can be done :s11:

Which form you fill up on Aviva payment application form?

I am confused~

What type of Aviva product you intend to make payment?
Aviva has separate bank account for Life insurance and Health insurance.
CardUp can make payment for both options, you can select at the Select insurance provider drop down list.

* Health Ins (for Health Products: MyShield & MyShield Plus)
 

Ezylryb

Banned
Joined
Aug 24, 2013
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
What type of Aviva product you intend to make payment?
Aviva has separate bank account for Life insurance and Health insurance.
CardUp can make payment for both options, you can select at the Select insurance provider drop down list.

* Health Ins (for Health Products: MyShield & MyShield Plus)

Hello vddgnd

I am planning to go for Aviva MyProtector and My MultiPay CI as a rider, currently not a Aviva customer yet.

Which Aviva insurance application form you submit to Aviva for enrollment to this CardUp payment process?

Thanks!
 

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
Hello vddgnd

I am planning to go for Aviva MyProtector and My MultiPay CI as a rider, currently not a Aviva customer yet.

Which Aviva insurance application form you submit to Aviva for enrollment to this CardUp payment process?

Thanks!

I do not have the policies your mentioned.
When you use CardUp to make insurance payment, you need to have the policy number. Since you not yet take up the insurance plan yet, you can ask Aviva what option do you have to make the first premium payment and how long the grace period you have to complete the payment. Whether you can get the policy number first before make payment.

If it is allow to pay the first premium payment by credit card directly, then you no need to use CardUp for this first payment. This type of credit card payment could be considered as mail order, then you will need to check is this eligible transaction for any cc rebate...

For subsequent premium payment, you can setup payment through CardUp.
You need to ask Aviva which Aviva's bank account to pay for you policy type. It is either Life Insurance (DBS bank a/c: 0270007597) or Health Insurance (DBS bank a/c: 0039001886). I believe your insurance plan is under Life but you have to confirm with Aviva.

There is no form in Aviva to setup payment through CardUp, you need to setup in CardUp to pay Aviva (with policy number as reference of payment).
 

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
7,340
Reaction score
427
Hello pcmdan

How do you use CardUp for your insurance payment?

I call Aviva, they refer me to CardUp
I call CardUp and they advise it can be done via electric bank transfer, and they refer me to Aviva when I ask how this switch can be done :s11:

Which form you fill up on Aviva payment application form?

I am confused~

Do u have a cardup acct? I would propose u to open an account first then it is easier to understand what we are trying to teach u.

When u have an account...select insurance.

Drop down have Aviva
If is health insurance select health
If is others (not sure about urs) choose the other

U would need the policy number. The rest are fixed...
 

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2001
Messages
20,758
Reaction score
0
Can pay aviva mindef? If so whats the reference number format thanks
 

gnooliew

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
596
Reaction score
118
Cardup did not extend the promotional rate for BOC right? Any special promotion code at the moment?
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
possible, did it b4. select "Insurance . Aviva Ltd: Health Insurance Policies" and key in NRIC.

troublesome part is u need to call aviva after they received the amount to ask their finance to deduct it manually as it is not automatic linked somehow for the mindef policy.

also now Cardup has a minimum amount to pay else there's surcharge. "For payments of $130 or less, a minimum fee of $3.40 applies." so if now, best is to pay in advance cos the mindef policy definitely won't go beyond $130.
 

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
9,805
Reaction score
66
Meaning have to call in every month for the manual deduction?

possible, did it b4. select "Insurance . Aviva Ltd: Health Insurance Policies" and key in NRIC.

troublesome part is u need to call aviva after they received the amount to ask their finance to deduct it manually as it is not automatic linked somehow for the mindef policy.

also now Cardup has a minimum amount to pay else there's surcharge. "For payments of $130 or less, a minimum fee of $3.40 applies." so if now, best is to pay in advance cos the mindef policy definitely won't go beyond $130.
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
yes correct. but imo i suggest pay lump sum at 1 go as cardup started charging fees for small amounts below $130 plus the trouble to call in aviva each time.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top