CardUp (Do not post or ask for referral code)

kohkohkrunch7

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
not sure if anyone noticed but cardup now has minimum fee. it's no longer worth it for my monthly insurance premium.
 

kohkohkrunch7

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
What is the minimum fee?

Why do you charge service fees?

Avatar CardUp Team
October 16, 2017 11:17
Follow
To provide a secure online platform, software and service that makes CardUp payments and rewards available to you, CardUp charges a 2.6% fee (subject to change for promotional rates). In addition to the convenience and security of using CardUp, our members also enjoy the unique ability to earn valuable rewards points for payments they were previously making via cheque or bank transfer.

*Do note that for payments of $130 or less, a minimum fee of $3.40 applies.
 

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
Hello! If I use BOC Family Card now to pay bills on CardUp, will it be subject to the $30 cap ar, considering the cap kicks in only on 18 Nov 2017?

BOC announcement not very clear like Singpost. At least Singpost changes start at new billing cycle.

Just I think, if your billing cycle is for example 25th of the month, charge the big bill of online transaction with posting date into Family card before 18-Nov (even rebate will be >$30 but<$100), after that don't use for online till next bill cycle. Any online transaction from 18-Nov till your statement date may not get rebate if the online transaction before 18-Nov already >$30.

If you schedule cardup for payment due date 10-Nov by today 6pm, cardup charge to CC today, posted to Family on 6-Nov, still not subject to the $30.
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
I'm new to this Cardup thing, brushed it off as 2.6% seemed high for me. However, now I'm short of miles for redemption, so looking at options to "buy" miles. I'm looking at the best cost per mile ratio or additional benefits. I apologize for being unable to read everything on this thread but I've read some here and there.

The threshold is $0.02 per mile as my SC VI can "buy" miles for $0.02 per mile.

1) I see that the SC has a Christmas promo, do cardup transactions qualify?
I do see that someone has said SC is blocking cardup?
If it qualifies, then I'd be using my SC VI card for 1.4 mpd, which should net me just over $0.018 per mile, plus FOC hotel stay?

What's the MCC for cardup (under SC)?

2) Otherwise, I see that UOB PRVI has a promo. I only have the AMEX version, does this card qualify (cardup site only shows VISA and MC). Does cardup accept AMEX? Since it does not qualify for the promo additional 0.2mpd.

This is the same rate as the SC VI at 1.4mpd but gets me closer to the $50k spending a year for additional 20k miles. Or if I do a $50k, then I'd be getting 90k miles (50k * 1.4 + 20k).

Lastly, I have the following cards, if they are better:
Citibank PM Visa
UOB PPV (I believe 0 miles for cardup)
UOB Visa Signature
 
Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I'm new to this Cardup thing, brushed it off as 2.6% seemed high for me. However, now I'm short of miles for redemption, so looking at options to "buy" miles. I'm looking at the best cost per mile ratio or additional benefits. I apologize for being unable to read everything on this thread but I've read some here and there.

The threshold is $0.02 per mile as my SC VI can "buy" miles for $0.02 per mile.

1) I see that the SC has a Christmas promo, do cardup transactions qualify?
I do see that someone has said SC is blocking cardup?
If it qualifies, then I'd be using my SC VI card for 1.4 mpd, which should net me just over $0.018 per mile, plus FOC hotel stay?

What's the MCC for cardup (under SC)?

2) Otherwise, I see that UOB PRVI has a promo. I only have the AMEX version, does this card qualify (cardup site only shows VISA and MC). Does cardup accept AMEX? Since it does not qualify for the promo additional 0.2mpd.

This is the same rate as the SC VI at 1.4mpd but gets me closer to the $50k spending a year for additional 20k miles. Or if I do a $50k, then I'd be getting 90k miles (50k * 1.4 + 20k).

Lastly, I have the following cards, if they are better:
Citibank PM Visa
UOB PPV (I believe 0 miles for cardup)
UOB Visa Signature

2) there is cardup promo to get 2.4miles/$ using uob prvi visa/mastercard. Cardup don't accept amex.
 

lovemiles

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I'm new to this Cardup thing, brushed it off as 2.6% seemed high for me. However, now I'm short of miles for redemption, so looking at options to "buy" miles. I'm looking at the best cost per mile ratio or additional benefits. I apologize for being unable to read everything on this thread but I've read some here and there.

The threshold is $0.02 per mile as my SC VI can "buy" miles for $0.02 per mile.

1) I see that the SC has a Christmas promo, do cardup transactions qualify?
I do see that someone has said SC is blocking cardup?
If it qualifies, then I'd be using my SC VI card for 1.4 mpd, which should net me just over $0.018 per mile, plus FOC hotel stay?

What's the MCC for cardup (under SC)?

2) Otherwise, I see that UOB PRVI has a promo. I only have the AMEX version, does this card qualify (cardup site only shows VISA and MC). Does cardup accept AMEX? Since it does not qualify for the promo additional 0.2mpd.

This is the same rate as the SC VI at 1.4mpd but gets me closer to the $50k spending a year for additional 20k miles. Or if I do a $50k, then I'd be getting 90k miles (50k * 1.4 + 20k).

Lastly, I have the following cards, if they are better:
Citibank PM Visa
UOB PPV (I believe 0 miles for cardup)
UOB Visa Signature

You will get the miles for cardup. I've used it and gotten the miles.
 

rerear

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
2,055
Reaction score
20
Is it possible to separate an insurance payment to a single policy, into two Cardup payments, with two credit cards?
 

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
Is it possible to separate an insurance payment to a single policy, into two Cardup payments, with two credit cards?

Insurer only see the payment as internet bank transfer. Some insurer requests to send an email to inform about the bank transfer, some no need. As long as u fill the policy number correctly in the reference column, it is no problem.
I forgotten to send email but soon still receive letter of the receipt of that payment from insurer.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,722
Reaction score
1,325
Can i use BOC DEBIT card via cardup to pay $1500 and get the 1.6% bonus interest on the savings in BOC Smart saver?


If i use the cardup with UOB One card per month spend $2K per month, can i get the bonus interest on my savings in the UOB One account?
 

shpesft

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
2
Can i use BOC DEBIT card via cardup to pay $1500 and get the 1.6% bonus interest on the savings in BOC Smart saver?
Yes. Either BOC Debit or Credit card satsify the $1500 spend. You can get 0.1% rebate with the debit card use as well

If i use the cardup with UOB One card per month spend $2K per month, can i get the bonus interest on my savings in the UOB One account?
Should be able to. I started using CardUp with UOB One this month. Will let you know if I get the rebate this month
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,722
Reaction score
1,325
Can i use BOC DEBIT card via cardup to pay $1500 and get the 1.6% bonus interest on the savings in BOC Smart saver?
Yes. Either BOC Debit or Credit card satsify the $1500 spend. You can get 0.1% rebate with the debit card use as well

If i use the cardup with UOB One card per month spend $2K per month, can i get the bonus interest on my savings in the UOB One account?
Should be able to. I started using CardUp with UOB One this month. Will let you know if I get the rebate this month

Thanks! I just found out abt cardup today, very late to the game :(

Are all referral codes giving same discount on the cardup fee?
Can anyone PM me the referral code ?

Can i use card up to pay the following:
1) HDB housing loans
2) HDB Season Parking
3) Town Councils
4) SP Utility Bills
5) Aviva Policy
6) Prudential
7) Great Eastern
8) AIA
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Can i use BOC DEBIT card via cardup to pay $1500 and get the 1.6% bonus interest on the savings in BOC Smart saver?
Should be yes if use boc debit mastercard. But I don't think it is worth incurring 2% (boc cardup promo) or 2.6% fees and only 0.1% rebate. Why not use boc family?

If i use the cardup with UOB One card per month spend $2K per month, can i get the bonus interest on my savings in the UOB One account?
Should be. Reminder to make sure there is at least 5 transactions in each statement month for uob one card rebate.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,722
Reaction score
1,325
Should be yes if use boc debit mastercard. But I don't think it is worth incurring 2% (boc cardup promo) or 2.6% fees and only 0.1% rebate. Why not use boc family?


Should be. Reminder to make sure there is at least 5 transactions in each statement month for uob one card rebate.

BOC rejectted my application for the credit card even when i meet all SAL requirement and no bad debts (no reason given), they tell me to use debit card instead :(

Most of my monthly payments are for HDB housing loans and HDB carpark, telcos and insurance

i am thinking how to accumulate spendings to a few thousands, would you be able to share any tips?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Thanks! I just found out abt cardup today, very late to the game :(

Are all referral codes giving same discount on the cardup fee?
Can anyone PM me the referral code ?

Can i use card up to pay the following:
1) HDB housing loans
2) HDB Season Parking
3) Town Councils
4) SP Utility Bills
5) Aviva Policy
6) Prudential
7) Great Eastern
8) AIA

All referral codes give max $20 off the fees. Make min $769.42 transaction to fully utilize the promo code. Pm sent.

1) no. Mortgage loan payment coming soon.
2) yes.
3) no.
4) no.
5) yes.
6) yes.
7) yes.
8) yes.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top