[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
I paid deposit to reserve enthoo evolv atx tempered glass when stocks come in end of this month. Can't wait to get it and show off the glass.
 

Demonbecks

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
3
will 2 1m LED strips i.e. 1 for front and 1 for back, suffice for lighting up the evolv atx TG?

seems like a single 2m strip is enough to route from front to back
 
Last edited:

GeForce

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
25
I'd recommend 2x seperate piece of 1 metre LED strips. The case's LED controller has 2 connectors for the LED strips. Perfect for 1 in front, another at the back.
 

Demonbecks

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
3
Roger, thanks a lot! My mobo is the hero alpha, so I'll be using the rgb headers on it, but I assume the same would apply!

I'd recommend 2x seperate piece of 1 metre LED strips. The case's LED controller has 2 connectors for the LED strips. Perfect for 1 in front, another at the back.
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Roger, thanks a lot! My mobo is the hero alpha, so I'll be using the rgb headers on it, but I assume the same would apply!
I think 1m strip go half a round only, 2 m strip can go around fully. So you need 2 x 2m.

Maybe Corbell can clarify, how long phanteks LED strip do I need for the Evolv tempered glass?

1m length is enough to cover the entire circumference?
 
Last edited:

holyark

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
I finally got my phanteks evolv case on Thursday, got the TG edition instead.
Bought a 2m led strip to go along with it as 1m only allows a L loop on the case
 

elencross

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
I think 1m strip go half a round only, 2 m strip can go around fully. So you need 2 x 2m.

Maybe Corbell can clarify, how long phanteks LED strip do I need for the Evolv tempered glass?

1m length is enough to cover the entire circumference?


zAFpVU1.jpg


Maybe this picture will help you, 1m phanteks strip installed in my case. It covers the top (hidden behind radiator mounting panel) and right side, and you can see it also covers a little bit of the bottom.
 
Last edited:

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Thanks, guess I'll get the 2m strip when the stock for the case comes in.
 

derkaiser94

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
1,482
Reaction score
514
Nah not going to light that side, it's against the wall anyway.

Yeah. I'm slightly wary of it being too bright if I line the strips around the circumstance of the case. Might just get 2 time 1m, cut them and have them at the top and bottom. Do let me know when you have installed yours.
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Yeah. I'm slightly wary of it being too bright if I line the strips around the circumstance of the case. Might just get 2 time 1m, cut them and have them at the top and bottom. Do let me know when you have installed yours.
Wait 2 more weeks, now out of stock the case, I put deposit liao.

I don't think you can cut it, it comes with the Phanteks connector per strip. You cut liao, then how to connect to the case?
 

derkaiser94

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
1,482
Reaction score
514
Wait 2 more weeks, now out of stock the case, I put deposit liao.

I don't think you can cut it, it comes with the Phanteks connector per strip. You cut liao, then how to connect to the case?

Same here with the deposit. Cut from the other end lah. I thought this type of led strips all can shorten one.
 

dennis23

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2012
Messages
226
Reaction score
0
I've been eyeing this case for a long time but the lack of optical drive holds me back. How do you get around this issue?

I understand that optical drive is becoming less common because of digital download. However, isn't it still essential for a number of tasks? Say, you do a new build or reformat, you can install OS via USB boot but drivers still come in DVD format? If you don't have an extra PC or laptop to download the LAN driver then you won't be able to go online in the first place to download other drivers.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top