[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

zhane

Master Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,265
Reaction score
1
If i want to maintain H100iv2 on top and its 2x fans and the rear fan as exhaust, would changing the stock 2xinput 140mm fans to 3xCosair 120mm AF120 helps?

I was calc the CFM.
2x stock 140mm = (82.1x2) = 164.2CFM
3x cosair 120mm = (52.19x3)=156.57CFM

Dont seem to be able to generate greater airflow by doing this..

Any comments?
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
If i want to maintain H100iv2 on top and its 2x fans and the rear fan as exhaust, would changing the stock 2xinput 140mm fans to 3xCosair 120mm AF120 helps?

I was calc the CFM.
2x stock 140mm = (82.1x2) = 164.2CFM
3x cosair 120mm = (52.19x3)=156.57CFM

Dont seem to be able to generate greater airflow by doing this..

Any comments?

You can change to 3 x corsair ML120 Pro fans.
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Received the call today from Corbell and ordered the tempered glass version on Lazada... still a few pieces left if anyone else is interested :)
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Received the call today from Corbell and ordered the tempered glass version on Lazada... still a few pieces left if anyone else is interested :)

Yea corbell updated that stocks will be in on Thursday
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Hey guys,

I just got an Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass and could really use some help with how to connect all the fans.

Right now I've done the following:

The 2 stock front fans are connected to the PWM hub on the case
The PWM hub on the case is connected to CPU_FAN on the motherboard (Asus Z77 Sabertooth)
I have a H100 radiator on top with 2x Corsair ML120 Pro LED fans. The 2 fans are connected to a Y splitter which is then connected to CPU_OPT on the motherboard
The rear exhaust fan is a Corsair ML140 Pro LED which is connected to CHA_FAN3 on the motherboard

Right now when I turn on the computer I get a CPU FAN error and the two fans connected to the radiator do not work at all. All the other fans seem to be working OK since I can see them spinning.

My main question is what would be the ideal way to connect the fans so that everything works well together?

I've also purchased a RGB lighting kit from Cablemods which I have not tried to setup yet. Does anyone have any experience with this kit and know the best way to set it up in this case? I'm not sure if you can get the kit to sync together with the lighting on the front and power button of the case...

Thanks and sorry for asking so many things at once :D
 

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

I just got an Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass and could really use some help with how to connect all the fans.

Right now I've done the following:

The 2 stock front fans are connected to the PWM hub on the case
The PWM hub on the case is connected to CPU_FAN on the motherboard (Asus Z77 Sabertooth)
I have a H100 radiator on top with 2x Corsair ML120 Pro LED fans. The 2 fans are connected to a Y splitter which is then connected to CPU_OPT on the motherboard
The rear exhaust fan is a Corsair ML140 Pro LED which is connected to CHA_FAN3 on the motherboard

Right now when I turn on the computer I get a CPU FAN error and the two fans connected to the radiator do not work at all. All the other fans seem to be working OK since I can see them spinning.

My main question is what would be the ideal way to connect the fans so that everything works well together?

I've also purchased a RGB lighting kit from Cablemods which I have not tried to setup yet. Does anyone have any experience with this kit and know the best way to set it up in this case? I'm not sure if you can get the kit to sync together with the lighting on the front and power button of the case...

Thanks and sorry for asking so many things at once :D

Think you forgot to connect the Corsair pump header.. Don't see you mentioning it anywhere. Connect it to CPU_FAN header and set to 100%. This is probably why you are getting the error...

CPU_OPT will mimic CPU_FAN speed. Unless you want your radiator fans to always be at 100% I'd suggest connecting to PWM hub or another chasis fan header

PWM hub connect to chasis fan header instead of CPU fan header

Not sure about LED strip.. Only know it is compatible with AURA supported boards. The Phanteks case and Phanteks LED strip both have a locking style connector. Hope this is helpful.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top