[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
looks very nice!
but the small holes, looks like more than 50% restrictive...

Vent holes are cut meant to allow more air flow. Grilles are added to prevent stuffs to be dropped into the rig itself. I believe all casing which has ventilation holes they are covered with grilles as well. Anyway mine is 3mm holes. It should do fine. :)
 

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
10,589
Reaction score
901
Vent holes are cut meant to allow more air flow. Grilles are added to prevent stuffs to be dropped into the rig itself. I believe all casing which has ventilation holes they are covered with grilles as well. Anyway mine is 3mm holes. It should do fine. :)

How is the new temp like already? Does it improve alot after cutting the holes out?
 

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
5,207
Reaction score
11
Vent holes are cut meant to allow more air flow. Grilles are added to prevent stuffs to be dropped into the rig itself. I believe all casing which has ventilation holes they are covered with grilles as well. Anyway mine is 3mm holes. It should do fine. :)
real nice job, i wudn't even kno where to start :)
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
How is the new temp like already? Does it improve alot after cutting the holes out?

I can't give u a definite answer now as some of my fans and one of my GPU are removed due to getting ready for the wc setup. But last week for me when I was still using dual Strix 1080ti, the temps was decreased by 2 - 3 degrees. Do note this is the TOP card which has little fresh cool air and its running air cool.

But I could confirm, by using the tissue paper I am able to see the air is moving in and out of the case with not much restriction.

Comparing to the default case panel I believe my mod is definitely an improvement to the air flow. But if u want technical numbers I will get back to u when I done up my wc setup.
 

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
10,589
Reaction score
901
I can't give u a definite answer now as some of my fans and one of my GPU are removed due to getting ready for the wc setup. But last week for me when I was still using dual Strix 1080ti, the temps was decreased by 2 - 3 degrees. Do note this is the TOP card which has little fresh cool air and its running air cool.

But I could confirm, by using the tissue paper I am able to see the air is moving in and out of the case with not much restriction.

Comparing to the default case panel I believe my mod is definitely an improvement to the air flow. But if u want technical numbers I will get back to u when I done up my wc setup.

Nice! Now that I see your setup I super tempted to try powder coat the Front and Top panel with Silver colour!

:D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top