[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
71,847
Reaction score
0
Sorry not sharing the contacts... last time shared a few ppl go blast and bargained for lower price. Pai seh

then can help link us up? lol.

i okay with the price. last time you shared with them they dont know the price or know already still bargain? if know already still bargain very wtf sia lol.
 

xtractor

Master Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
4,672
Reaction score
977
Evolv ATX front cover indeed restricting air flow. There a few simple mods to go about solving it such as elevating the clips on the cover which can be sound in YouTube. As for the TOP cover, the vents are not efficient to exhaust the hot air out of the case which often causes the hot air circulates back into the case.

To solve this, I had actually machined water jet cut my TOP case to have some Vern holes which I had shown the photo in the earlier post. Today I am sending my front cover to be cut as well. I will shown the cut from cover later. After the cuts I will send all of the Alu panels for powder coats if not anodize

Previously I'm a user of corsair spec 03 casing and I always monitor the temp after hours of gaming cpu can reach around min 72°c max 75°c and GPU reach around 85°c
Then I decided to change to this Phanteks Evolv casing same goes I monitor my temp after hours of gaming and goes down to min 68°c max 70°c and gpu below 80°c.i didn't need to mod the casing but it improved... and I overclocked my cpu with higher voltage :s22:
 

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
71,847
Reaction score
0
New Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX Tempered Glass Review.
The guys from Ocaholic took a closer look at the new Evolv MATX and awarded the case with a "Platinum" and "Editor's Choice" award! Check out this excellent review and nice pictures in the link below.

PhanteksEnthooEvolv-mATX_00_642_e7e4a.JPG


https://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=4080

Any eta on this model?

we are looking at June arrival :)

Any bros know where i can get the mATX tempered glass version? I dig the whole sls only one shop have the non glass version.

Love my current corsair 380T but that one got major gpu heat trap sia..

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

the answer is just 1 post on top of yours. :s22:
 

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
Previously I'm a user of corsair spec 03 casing and I always monitor the temp after hours of gaming cpu can reach around min 72°c max 75°c and GPU reach around 85°c
Then I decided to change to this Phanteks Evolv casing same goes I monitor my temp after hours of gaming and goes down to min 68°c max 70°c and gpu below 80°c.i didn't need to mod the casing but it improved... and I overclocked my cpu with higher voltage :s22:

The Corsair spec with its HDD cages will change the direction of the airflow away from your GPU to begin with or at least restrict the airflow from the bottom compartment where the GPU sucks the air from.

And for actual airflow comparison, perhaps reviews on it back when meshed cases were the norm would give a better idea of where your case stands on actual airflow.

And it is hard to compare between one user to another due to our usage of the PC. Some gamers use a 1060 while others, Titan Xp. Others use watercooling while some with air cooling. Then depending on the placement of the PC along with the maintenance of whether you regularly clear the dust on the air filter, and the kind of GPU intensive game that you play. All of these factors will affect the temperature changes that you observe.

But coming from strictly the same setup from the meshed, Mastercase Pro 5 to the Enthoo Evolv, the evolv case does perform worst until... I changed the CPU AIO cooler to the front and putting 2 fans at the top that pushes air outwards instead of inwards. Only then did temperature perform slightly similar to the Mastercase Pro 5.
 

@Corbell

Suspended
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
0
From the picture, the casing's front cover really blocks off the air flow. :eek:

How can air flow be sufficient with that kind of cover? :s11:

The non-tempered glass version is around for more than 2 years already. Never have heat issue lah. Also heat issue is one of the most important factor when designing a computer case so the designers sure have tested all these. No worries bro. ;)
 

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
71,847
Reaction score
0
The non-tempered glass version is around for more than 2 years already. Never have heat issue lah. Also heat issue is one of the most important factor when designing a computer case so the designers sure have tested all these. No worries bro. ;)

can check with phantek if they have plans to redo the atx tempered glass edition? redo like the new matx tempered glass one.

i got the non tempered glass one last year because of the hinge lol,
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
Just finished cutting the front panel. The waterjet cutting process seems to had removed to remove the anodized coating. Lucky for me, I intend to powder coat the whole case exterior panels. So I had just sent them to powder coat. Will show u guys the finished product tml.

Do note. The powder coating itself will cost $150 (2 big panels, 1 Front IO panel, 2 case Feets).

The panels to cut for TOP panel is $100 and the front will be $120. So total damage if u want to fully cut and paint will rack up to almost $370. Personally I love this case so won't mind forking out the price just to improve the airflow for both front and TOP of the case.

Painting is not a must. But due to the splinters will have chance to scratch the anodized coating. And also the cut areas will display the raw alu. So these are the factors to consider. I taking this chance to actually change the color to full white. Will install black grilles. Was tempted to do other colors for powder coat but decided to stay with the neutral Color theme since all my cables are in neutral tones.
 
Last edited:

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
then can help link us up? lol.

i okay with the price. last time you shared with them they dont know the price or know already still bargain? if know already still bargain very wtf sia lol.

Yea, quite ** actually. So avoiding all these troubles. If u guys want then consolidate then pass the panels to me.
 
Last edited:

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
Previously I'm a user of corsair spec 03 casing and I always monitor the temp after hours of gaming cpu can reach around min 72°c max 75°c and GPU reach around 85°c
Then I decided to change to this Phanteks Evolv casing same goes I monitor my temp after hours of gaming and goes down to min 68°c max 70°c and gpu below 80°c.i didn't need to mod the casing but it improved... and I overclocked my cpu with higher voltage :s22:

U got great temps there. After doing the simple mod to increase the front panel clips, my 1080ti SLI gpu temps can still hit 90degrees haha. So I decide to do more extreme. Take my case and go 开刀。cut vent holes for both TOP and Front panels haha
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
the non tempered glass one like easier to manage lol.

i also using the non tempered glass but atx version.

Agreed. Non tempered glass no need care about the cable management at the rear case. For the tempered glass version, if u are OCD like me you will want to cable manage Swee Swee

My rear panel cable management.


Top Panel Vents Machined Water Jet Cut


You can see the cut surface is in raw Alu state, if your case is black, it will be obvious. Mine is grey case and being an OCD, I decided to go powder coat. Alternative one can choose to go anodized it again but the cost would easily hit $200 plus
 
Last edited:

th3pr0

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
383
Reaction score
1
Agreed. Non tempered glass no need care about the cable management at the rear case. For the tempered glass version, if u are OCD like me you will want to cable manage Swee Swee

My rear panel cable management.


Top Panel Vents Machined Water Jet Cut


You can see the cut surface is in raw Alu state, if your case is black, it will be obvious. Mine is grey case and being an OCD, I decided to go powder coat. Alternative one can choose to go anodized it again but the cost would easily hit $200 plus

Top tier cable management. I just got this case recently and my cable management is rubbish. So I just tuck my pc all the way to the corner =X
 

Diaborex

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2013
Messages
1,084
Reaction score
5
Agreed. Non tempered glass no need care about the cable management at the rear case. For the tempered glass version, if u are OCD like me you will want to cable manage Swee Swee

My rear panel cable management.

Your OCD Strong! :s22:
So neat.
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
Your OCD Strong! :s22:
So neat.

Ya... damn strong bro... I even tore away the stupid mobo sticker which was in the photo. Now it's all clean clean haha. Doing up a new build log, will show the updated photo in the future.
 

Cedesria

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
1,308
Reaction score
143
your pocket deep should go for the more swee one lol else in the future think why you go powder coat and not anodize it.

anyway the new tempered glass is black for the cable side, only the ssd part is transparent lol.

i really hope they will revise the tempered glass atx version and make it like the new matx tempered glass version. the hinge is really more convenient than 4 thumb screws and also way nicer lol.

Pocket not deep enough. But reason for powder coat is because it is more scratch resistant than anodized. Previously I was using caselabs, the powder coats are really good which I personally had good impression of the finishing till today. So decided to go powder coating.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top