Cheapest 2TB NVMe SSD

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Unlikely to go back to $600. Rocket 4 Plus is under $600.

Samsung 970 Evo Plus @$330
Sabrent Rocket 4.0 @$450
Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus @$570

I have been monitoring the price as I managed to pick up mine during a glitch! The price for this is usually stable between $592 - $599 and has been for months. During BF it dropped to $449 but then went back up so I'm guessing this 2nd drop is for Cyber Monday!
 

ryuxdragonx

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
961
Reaction score
0
I have an unrelated question.

I'm using Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC, with a Samsung Evo 1TB NVME M.2 SSD on the top m.2 slot. There is a heatsink, but yesterday it hit 55ºc on idle.

Any possible reason why or is this even normal?
 

krunchie

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Is thete anyone that buys the wd sn750 1tb or samsung 970 evo plus 2tb to be sold at a profit to others compared to local shops in sg?
 

nuahster

Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
328
Reaction score
0
Is thete anyone that buys the wd sn750 1tb or samsung 970 evo plus 2tb to be sold at a profit to others compared to local shops in sg?

quite a number of people do it, just do a search on Carousell can find.
some sellers on shopee/lazada do it too (not specific to SN750 or 970 Evo), but can see some reviews claiming their packages came from amazon
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
I have an unrelated question.

I'm using Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC, with a Samsung Evo 1TB NVME M.2 SSD on the top m.2 slot. There is a heatsink, but yesterday it hit 55ºc on idle.

Any possible reason why or is this even normal?

Did u remove the plastic sheet on the m.2 heatshield's thermal pad? If yes, then it may mean you nvr tighten the shield as there is no contact or the thermal pad isnt that good at all.
 

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2001
Messages
7,004
Reaction score
93
Did u remove the plastic sheet on the m.2 heatshield's thermal pad? If yes, then it may mean you nvr tighten the shield as there is no contact or the thermal pad isnt that good at all.

Yup... sometimes one may have forgotten the plastic sheet.

For reference, mine idles at 43C

EbTWavT.png
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
Is thete anyone that buys the wd sn750 1tb or samsung 970 evo plus 2tb to be sold at a profit to others compared to local shops in sg?

That's basically scalpers. The reason why 999 forum users here has no stock of RTX 3080. Hopefully 3080 Ti get released asap with more stock. Those can afford Ti, flock there. 1 less competitor for 3080.
 

octillery

Junior Member
Joined
May 27, 2020
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
I think SN850 / Rocket Plus / 980 Pro market is really waiting on Sony to announce their first drive whitelist. Yes, it's also waiting on products to hit the market, but I would expect a lot of that stock to evaporate when a whitelist is announced.

PS5 expansion will be an expensive investment, but everybody who owns one will be looking to add 1-2TB to their 600~GB space. (Extremely likely that only 7GB/s+ drives will be whitelisted) Phison E18 availability is also an issue as I think only Sabrent has a shipping product so far...

*External SSD can be used of course, but only for PS4 games over the 10Gbps link, so reports so far is all you need is a Samsung T5 or other relatively slow drives to get basically twice as fast loading compared to an external hard drive.
 

BlurSotongKia

Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2012
Messages
240
Reaction score
0
Yup... sometimes one may have forgotten the plastic sheet.

For reference, mine idles at 43C

EbTWavT.png

What’s the operating temps for those drives? I have the X570i aorus and I left the thermal pad out as it seemed like the little fan could cool it enough. Also idling around 50 deg iirc during gaming.
 

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2001
Messages
7,004
Reaction score
93
What*********s the operating temps for those drives? I have the X570i aorus and I left the thermal pad out as it seemed like the little fan could cool it enough. Also idling around 50 deg iirc during gaming.


50C is fine. You should use the thermal pad since it included as part of the heat sink? Highest I seen this drives in my setup is < 60C.
 

jeff119

Master Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
2,877
Reaction score
22
My 970 Evo Plus 2tb came today. Idling around 50+c in normal room temperature.
Sian, it's much higher than my 960 Evo with msi heatsink which idles around 35c.

Too troublesome / lazy to switch them around.
 

minuteez

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
2,036
Reaction score
309
Noob qn. Do you all use amazon app? Is it the normal amazon app or theres sg version?
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Sorry false alarm,... its not genuine! DO NOT BUY!

Not sold by Amazon

Sabrent 1TB NVMe gen 4 BS fake seller
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top