China high speed rail

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
yes i would do that, it shows that way in my app also
actually i don't think it matters too much, they track mainly by passport number

anyway just an update if anyone is interested, i recently tested adding my friend as passenger, can verify online using email + photo of passport and can book without restrictions, totally no need to go to counter anymore and no chinese number needed
Hi, can I check, after verifying and buying ticket for your friend, does your friend need to have a 12306 account to access his/her eTicket or the eTicket can be accessed from your account? Thanks.
 

Eddied

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2011
Messages
48,785
Reaction score
184
Hi, can I check, after verifying and buying ticket for your friend, does your friend need to have a 12306 account to access his/her eTicket or the eTicket can be accessed from your account? Thanks.
it's on my account and he cannot see on his account, he won't need to see it anyway as only his passport is required to board the train
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
it's on my account and he cannot see on his account, he won't need to see it anyway as only his passport is required to board the train
Thanks for your reply.

Oh only required passport for boarding?

So does it mean if the passenger was verified within my account, (assuming can be done) do not have 12306 account, they can also board the train with just their passport without showing the ticket I bought for them?
 

Eddied

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2011
Messages
48,785
Reaction score
184
Thanks for your reply.

Oh only required passport for boarding?

So does it mean if the passenger was verified within my account, (assuming can be done) do not have 12306 account, they can also board the train with just their passport without showing the ticket I bought for them?
yes to both questions, your passport acts as your ticket
 

noangel7

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2016
Messages
277
Reaction score
55
Thank you so much for sharing about paying for someone else on own 12306 account.
Went smoothly for me too.
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
Thank you so much for sharing about paying for someone else on own 12306 account.
Went smoothly for me too.
Hi,

may I check with you does it require you to have a china contact number?
I only tried until the payment stage where I noted can use Alipay or international credit cards.

thank you.
 

noangel7

Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2016
Messages
277
Reaction score
55
My 12306 account is fully verified, including with China contact number.
I did the verification in person at Train Station when I was there
 

jase07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
19,647
Reaction score
55
QUESTION:
My account is fully verified via the online verification. I just bought tickets for my family members and myself. In the 12306 app, under my order i see all information of the passengers i bought. but on the app i only see the QR code for my own ticket. Is that normal? And when we go pass the gantry, do we need to show the qr code? Pls advise. thanks in advance.
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
QUESTION:
My account is fully verified via the online verification. I just bought tickets for my family members and myself. In the 12306 app, under my order i see all information of the passengers i bought. but on the app i only see the QR code for my own ticket. Is that normal? And when we go pass the gantry, do we need to show the qr code? Pls advise. thanks in advance.
Hi, I asked earlier, just need passport as ticket, few posts above.
 

tanminghui1

Banned
Joined
Aug 26, 2024
Messages
2,974
Reaction score
2,399
i went trip.com can book 14 days in advance. But ctrip allow me to book many months in advance. What the catch?
 

jase07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
19,647
Reaction score
55
Just an observation, they tend to release tickets in batches. I was camping for tickets on the 10th Nov, they started the sale at 2 pm, it was sold out the moment it was open for sale. Settled for an earlier time ticket, few hours later when i checked, new tickets were added and i did the 改签 for the tickets i want. Relatively easy and smooth transaction via the 12306 app. But do note can do 改签 once only.
 

tanminghui1

Banned
Joined
Aug 26, 2024
Messages
2,974
Reaction score
2,399
will be going from HK to Fuqing. There are so many trains. Just take the shortest one can already?

As I will be going on christmas day, will it be messy and I have the chance to miss train? Going from HK to fuqing is 5hr and plane is 1.5hr and both are same cost. Advice?
 

hyocca

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2010
Messages
417
Reaction score
9
Taking my train to shanghai tomorrow from hangzhou
I understand the baggage requirements are 130cm + 20kg
but for 1st class - how many baggage can I bring in?
Have one big size @130cm and small size 108cm
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,790
Reaction score
2,706
Taking my train to shanghai tomorrow from hangzhou
I understand the baggage requirements are 130cm + 20kg
but for 1st class - how many baggage can I bring in?
Have one big size @130cm and small size 108cm

I dun think they have restrictions on luggage on board trains. Just that you may have to find the space to park your big size suitcase. There is luggage holding area at the back of the cabins. Overhead storage area is do-able if it’s light enough.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top