China high speed rail

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
me and my partners were booked on seat 1ABC. 3 seats total. best thing is when we reach our seats, there are luggages at our seats. Not at the overhead racks. is at our seats. LOL. dont be surprise this can happen to you too. not forgetting we have our own luggages too. so my friends took the lugagges that dont belong to us, push it near the door since we are already at first row.

nobody come to claim it. only after reaching almost final stops (which is 2h30mins later), then the family came to take and left the train....

no sense of responsibility. people will just put their stuff at your seats . dont get bullied
Yes, lots of scum. They will deposit their luggage in your seats or in the racks above you so that they do not have to lug their stuff the length of the train. I have seen worse, like having an elderly woman sit in my seat, insisting that she had the right seat and her age justified her sitting anywhere she liked. If the conductor would not help, you have to suck thumb.
 

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
532
I have seen worse, like having an elderly woman sit in my seat, insisting that she had the right seat and her age justified her sitting anywhere she liked. If the conductor would not help, you have to suck thumb.
Happened to me once... young couple was on seats. Told them politely n they looked at me "wtf" then ignored me... No point arguing with them, I approached the staff to deal with them.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
I prefer to escalate to the conductor or the onboard policeman as soon as the discussion with the errant passenger fails. The conductor or the policeman will be more averse to losing face before a foreign tourist.
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
Has anyone tried using the QR code to scan the HSR train ticket purchases on 12306 instead of manual passport scanning

When I load the QR code, I was instructed to upload my passport details and a photo of me holding the passport for full verification.
 

Dystopia

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2018
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
822
5000 years civilisation cannot produce civilised local passengers...

took the 2nd class seats recently...
one guy sat on my seat when i'm boarding.
approach him to f off... give me owe $ looks.. :rolleyes:

the entire journey was so NOISY!! lots of bear kids. Crazy screaming from old aunties!

business class seat wasn't quite comfy either if your fellow neighbours are snorers!!
luckily mine is just a 1.5 hrs journey..
was travelling from a quite ulu city.. so no business lounge.. (n)

and the worst is standing passengers CLUSTER F at the exit...:mad: (n) 🤦‍♂️
makes entrance/exit so damn difficult.


overall... 5/10 for this CNY high speed rail trips.
hope the future won't be so jialat... :ROFLMAO:
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
5000 years civilisation cannot produce civilised local passengers...

took the 2nd class seats recently...
one guy sat on my seat when i'm boarding.
approach him to f off... give me owe $ looks.. :rolleyes:

the entire journey was so NOISY!! lots of bear kids. Crazy screaming from old aunties!

business class seat wasn't quite comfy either if your fellow neighbours are snorers!!
luckily mine is just a 1.5 hrs journey..
was travelling from a quite ulu city.. so no business lounge.. (n)

and the worst is standing passengers CLUSTER F at the exit...:mad: (n) 🤦‍♂️
makes entrance/exit so damn difficult.


overall... 5/10 for this CNY high speed rail trips.
hope the future won't be so jialat... :ROFLMAO:
sounds really jialat. Before planning a trip there, avoid all the major holidays and long weekends especially the golden weeks..

You will get to jostle with loads of people and pay exorbitant rates for accommodation.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Not bad already. Before the HSR became available, I had to take the green types and there were all kinds of uncivilised passengers. If Indian trains were crowded, at least the passengers were considerate and well-behaved even when they were forced to sleep on the floor or on the overhead luggage rack. On Chinese trains, people speak loudly, argue with one another and have their phones on the highest volume. They would smoke in the spaces between carriages without bothering to close the door. Some would spit there and in the toilets too.
 

Dystopia

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2018
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
822
sounds really jialat. Before planning a trip there, avoid all the major holidays and long weekends especially the golden weeks..

You will get to jostle with loads of people and pay exorbitant rates for accommodation.

ya! once bitten....
this time I go during CNY is bo bian.. no choice cos friends' weddings!! two within a week..
travel all around in a province ... facing all types all kinds of people. :spin: :s22: o_O

at times I just stood there.. dumbfounded that why such behaviour exist.. :ROFLMAO:

go China a few times already...still cannot comprehend why spitting is soooo common. Your body is so screwed that U need to spit soooo damn often? :ROFLMAO:
 

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
532
the entire journey was so NOISY!! lots of bear kids. Crazy screaming from old aunties!

business class seat wasn't quite comfy either if your fellow neighbours are snorers!!
luckily mine is just a 1.5 hrs journey..
was travelling from a quite ulu city.. so no business lounge.. (n)

Taking plane or train, I will always bring my good noise cancellation earbuds. Not 100% cut off noise but good enough for peace.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,179
Has anyone tried using the QR code to scan the HSR train ticket purchases on 12306 instead of manual passport scanning

When I load the QR code, I was instructed to upload my passport details and a photo of me holding the passport for full verification.
Yes, part of the verification for the account. Once off and subsequently much smoother for usage.
 

Shalom_555

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
253
Reaction score
173
Wonder whether anyone had their Railway12306 app auto changed to Chinese version. I used the Eng version in Feb and could auto log in to buy tickets. But now with Chin ver I no longer can auto log-in. Reset pw need china mobile no and China /hk/ twn ID like signing up a new account😩
 
Last edited:

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
Wonder whether anyone had their Railway12306 app auto changed to Chinese version. I used the Eng version in Feb and could auto log in to buy tickets. But now with Chin ver I no longer can auto log-in. Reset pw need china mobile no and China /hk/ twn ID like signing up a new account😩
Mine can toggle between Chinese, English and the senior friendly interface. Go to ‘my’ and check the interface. My version no is 5.9.5.5 downloaded from Apple Store. It’s linked to my Sg hp number and Alipay international. I am using the Chinese version btw.
 

explorerX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
6,575
Reaction score
1,000
Wonder whether anyone had their Railway12306 app auto changed to Chinese version. I used the Eng version in Feb and could auto log in to buy tickets. But now with Chin ver I no longer can auto log-in. Reset pw need china mobile no and China /hk/ twn ID like signing up a new account😩

u can reset pw on website then log into app using new pw.
 

klavier

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
343
Thought I should share about my recent train reservations using Trip.com.
As usual, I reserve the tics for 2 separate train rides 2 months before the actual day.

For the first destination, I logged in last week at exactly the time the ticket was suppose to be release. Saw that Trip.com had cancelled my reservation instead. Thankfully I always made it a point to check at that actual ticket release time.. No harm done and managed to get my tickets using Trip.com and was even allowed to choose my prefered seats (can select window or aisle)..
I thought maybe there was a change in the train reservation procedure, i.e. can choose seats now so they cancelled it.. Still Trip.com should have given some warning...

Fast forward a few days, it was time for the second destination tickets to be release... well, same thing happen. My reservation was cancelled this time 5 mins before the actual ticket release.. Again I went back into Trip.com and managed to book the seats successfully. However, this time I was not given the option to select my prefered seats..

Anyway I went online to talk to the Trip.com agent. Was told my tickets were cancelled because of change in ticket prices for both journeys.... Well I think they should have given me some warning.. Maybe ticket prices have now been adjusted slightly due to increase in energy prices...

Note: I have tried 12306 a couple of times in previous years and gave up as I just cannot seem to either verify myself or the web always seems to be down.. Still prefer to use Trip even with the recent problem.
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
Thought I should share about my recent train reservations using Trip.com.
As usual, I reserve the tics for 2 separate train rides 2 months before the actual day.

For the first destination, I logged in last week at exactly the time the ticket was suppose to be release. Saw that Trip.com had cancelled my reservation instead. Thankfully I always made it a point to check at that actual ticket release time.. No harm done and managed to get my tickets using Trip.com and was even allowed to choose my prefered seats (can select window or aisle)..
I thought maybe there was a change in the train reservation procedure, i.e. can choose seats now so they cancelled it.. Still Trip.com should have given some warning...

Fast forward a few days, it was time for the second destination tickets to be release... well, same thing happen. My reservation was cancelled this time 5 mins before the actual ticket release.. Again I went back into Trip.com and managed to book the seats successfully. However, this time I was not given the option to select my prefered seats..

Anyway I went online to talk to the Trip.com agent. Was told my tickets were cancelled because of change in ticket prices for both journeys.... Well I think they should have given me some warning.. Maybe ticket prices have now been adjusted slightly due to increase in energy prices...

Note: I have tried 12306 a couple of times in previous years and gave up as I just cannot seem to either verify myself or the web always seems to be down.. Still prefer to use Trip even with the recent problem.
This is strange. I have 12306 account and have my real name verification done. Just that I didn’t bother to do the photo and ID verification to generate QR codes and make reservations on the platform.

I noticed that a lot of people pre-book very early. So all the tickets are snapped up very quickly. Then , a few days or 48 hours before their departure, they change their reservations or cancel the tickets. I often get my tickets purchased just one day before or at the last min. The business class and 1st class are usually sold out very fast too.
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
do u all use ur sg number to register or use hkd/china number?
I use my sg number to register for account. Able to buy, amend and cancel train tickets. But unable to reserve train tickets when the window period open. Cos I didn’t do the verification process.

Trip com is more convenient but have to pay surcharge.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top