China Tablets to recommend

xiaoxz

Reaction score
Actually let me give you a break down of the price I paid:

1. Lenovo Pad Pro 2021 Tablet (6G + 128G/SD 870/ WiFi) - SGD 521.30
2. Glass Screen Protector 2 Piece - SGD 3.70
3. Faux Leather Case - SGD 5.83
4. Shipping to SG + GST - SGD39.06

So total I actually paid SGD 569.89 for this tablet bundle... Still waiting for it to arrive as I selected Sea Shipping.

The link is actually just the official Lenovo Tmall Store. But it's OOS for now. This was the link: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=644912602413&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.7d372e8di8ahvX&_u=71jan1u6a212

Will take some time to play with it and write my first review when it arrive. Can't wait!!!
how u buy from taobao??

moi cannot air ship / sea ship option, only got contact seller for delivery option

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Budget around 200 to 300? Around 10 inch. Is telcast one of the better ones?
Well... that's quite an expansive budget for a China tablet...

Right off the bat... try the Alldocube iPlay40 lor... $276... with the Unisoc T618 with a 10.4" screen...

Or Alldocube iPlay30 Pro... $229... decent SOC using the Helio P60 with a slight larger 10.5" screen...

Or Alldocube iPlay20 Pro... $206... weaker Spreadtrum SOC but still decent with a 10.1" screen...

Or Teclast P20HD... $161 but with a much weaker SOC (Spreadtrum) with a 10.1" screen... cheapest and decent...

Or Teclast M40... $210 with the Unisoc T618 which is much more powerful... but screen not fully laminated at 10.1" screen (got inernal reflections)...

So you have quite a range of prices and features... from $161 to $276... from the most powerful Unisoc T618 to the weakest Spreadtrum... from fully laminated 10.5" to unlaminated 10.1" screen.... all the Alldocube screens are fully laminated. Based on the specs and feedback from the bros here... it would seem that the Alldocube iPlay40 seems the best tablet, and perhaps best value...

You may want to buy a grey import Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 instead... $273, no warranty but direct from Korea, can easily switch to English when setting up... some more LTE set can put in SIM for mobile data... perhaps better than the China tablets cos it is widevine L1 certified...
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/SAMSUNG-S...RAY-10-4-CELLULAR/682860790?banner_no=1305330 (Korean set)

Anything larger and you'll have to look at $500 or more budget wise...

Do note that all the China tablet suggestions above do not support widevine L1... they're all widevine L3... meaning that these tablets don't support full HD and higher resolution on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video... if you don't bother with these streaming sites or don't care about full HD, then can consider these tablets lar...

Last edited:

Remless

Reaction score

The teclast t40 and t40 5g are much better designed and probably comes with a better screen than what they have now. Finally they are catching up to alldocube in these areas.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The teclast t40 and t40 5g are much better designed and probably comes with a better screen than what they have now. Finally they are catching up to alldocube in these areas.
Probably still not widevine L1 certified?

Video started by asking if this tablet can match the flagships from Apple or Samsung... and in the end says it can't even match the Tab A7... blur... ha ha...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Remless

Reaction score
Probably still not widevine L1 certified?

Video started by asking if this tablet can match the flagships from Apple or Samsung... and in the end says it can't even match the Tab A7... blur... ha ha...
Lol.

I think majority of these comparisons made don't really go into details.

For me, the most important factors to a tablet are the screen and soc.

The screen is the main component of a tablet and we look at the screen almost 100% of the time during its use. A good screen will certainly enhance enjoyment in using the tablet.

The soc is quite a big factor that many buyers miss out cos' it's pretty technical. The soc decides which heavy apps it can run and generally it's overall capability, not how much ram or storage it has.

Although antutu scores isn't the definitive guide to overall real world usage performance, it's still the most accessible guide in general comparison. A high antutu means it's more capable in running heavy apps like games.

A combination of a good soc and good ram enables even budget devices, like the iplay40 I have, do magic. I can play a heavy demand game like genshin impact in medium settings while watching YouTube in pip on top of it with minimal performance drop. Without YouTube I can run the game at high res, 60 fps settings.

So even though I can compare iplay40 (or teclast t40 4g since they are generally similar in many aspects) against Samsung tab a7, iplay40 wins for me. I do not buy a tablet to swipe left/right or up/down, enjoying it's vendor skinned ui and vendor installed bloats. I buy tablets to run apps and how well it run apps is the main factor for me.

Of course, Samsung or other such mainstream ones do have the advantage of promised os upgrades. Though as cn tablets get more popular with probably people developing custom Roms for them, this had become a non-factor.

firebrand83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In case you wonder what the ZUI ROM looks like... it has a very very nice wallpaper...

1. When you first power on the tablet... you're greeted by the ZUI ROM and everything's in Chinese... at the top lefthand corner you can change the language to English.
20210205_194106(1).jpg

20210205_194112.jpg

2. Setting up and booting into the UI looks like this... wallpaper is gorgeous...
20210205_203150(1).jpg

3. Unlocking shows that there is no Google app in sight...
20210205_203154(1).jpg

4. However, the Google Framework is in there... I updated the ZUI ROM immediately to the latest version which contains the framework. So I sideloaded Google Playstore and installed it successfully.
20210205_203312(1).jpg

5. Google Playstore launches successfully. I can log in my Google account. I can install apps as well. And the apps work.
20210205_203523.jpg

6. But I still decided to flash cos even though English was selected, there are still bits of the UI which uses Chinese... the experience was a bit uneven actually. So it seemed better to just flash it to the international ROM.

Hope my adventure with this tablet will be helpful to any of you considering this tablet.

It's smooth, fast, very pretty and super thin and light.. no regrets. $485 well-spent. My only problem is Microsoft Office 365 must be paid version now... oh well... just use some other free productivity suite lar I guess...
hi may i know how to sideload google play? i flashed to latest ROM and searched on the default app store, there is a google 设置 inside during search, can dowload from their app store?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.