This company has got to be the worst ever in history to deal with. Originally intent to port out only 1 line and keep the other 2 lines but this company is superbly unethical and the customer service is #1 in making customer irritated.
1. Please disable the "SecureMe" nonsense in their app before you attempt to port out. (Just google for instructions). If not, they will cause your port-in to fail and they may also happily cut off your signal (not the line though) and you will be left stranded for days/weeks.
2. Their "happiness" expert is superb in saying/doing anything except the actual thing needed.
i) If you tell them immediate cancellation and do not bill anymore, they will tell you its scheduled for termination at the end of the month.
- So does it mean I will get "upgraded" and continue to get billed at the higher rate since I am scheduled to only terminate at end of month? Is this right way to attempt to earn another month of subscription fee?
3. These freaking (to the extent of lying) expert doesn't even understand what CL is billing. When I went through the bill with them, different "experts" can read it differently. (Can they even read properly?)
4. I have informed IMDA. However, these freaking "happiness" expert keeps removing IMDA from the email and for anything, they will keep asking for your ID/last 4 digit of card number for "verification".
5. After one bunch of emails, the "senior expert" confirmed I will have nothing to do with CL anymore. Yet I still get the nonsense "we will be upgrading your plan" emails. Have asked to speak to their Data Protection Officer / human in charge since they confirmed I have nothing to do with them anymore but their "experts" are just hiding behind their computer.
-----------------------------------
In Summary
1. Don't wait for the day and take action immediately .
- Disable the SecureMe nonsense if you wish to port out/keep the line
- Cancel the line *IMMEDIATELY* if you do not need the line
2. Before you do the above, consider updating the CC number to a "dummy"/"spare card" and lock the card.
- Once they allow you to port out, they will cut off your signal and you will have no way to update your CC details.
- Be it port-out or cancellation, would you feel safe to have your CC number with this type of company?